Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

imwickedwitch

Cherry Cola

Re: >>>HYBRID Canvas class is HERE<<<<<<<
Go ahead and print the paper/photo/frame combo out on matt photo paper and set aside.
Becky

Image Image Image

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

beautiful
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

imwickedwitch

Cherry Cola

Now we will start on the background paper.

1. Open p3 in the pp1 folder. Duplicate the paper and close the original. Resize the paper with constrained proportions to 7.5X7.5.
2. Open the folder el1 and open the bonus word art folder. Open WAspring . Select all then copy.
3. Click on the p3 paper and paste the word art in the upper left hand corner.

4. Open the el3 folder and select the hope word. Open it and then resize with constrained proportions to 3 X .797 inches. Select all, copy and paste it onto the p3 paper in the bottom left.

5. Open el3 folder and open the stitches. Go to image rotate and rotate 90 degrees CCW then change the image size with constrained proportions to 1.122 X 8 inches. Select all, edit copy then paste it on the far left side of p3.

6. Drop a shadow under Hope

7. Drop shadow under the spring word art and double click on the drop shadow selection and change the shadow opacity to 55, the distance to 10, size and spread to 0.

8. Merge visible layers then print on photo matt or satin paper. Set aside.
Becky

Image Image Image

imwickedwitch

Cherry Cola

Our last screen-licker task for the project is to:

1. Open p10 in the pp2 folder. Make a duplicate. Close the original. Resize image with constrained proportions to 7.5X7.5”. Print the image on matt photo paper. Set aside.

Becky

Image Image Image

imwickedwitch

Cherry Cola

NOW LET'S EAT SOME PASTE!!!

Let’s do some Cuttin!
1. Cut out the picture/paper/frame combo and distress the edges. You can use an edge distress tool like Heidi Swapp’s or you can do what I did and just run your fingernail or thumbnail down the edges of each side of the piece. Set aside.
2. Cut out the print out of your finished p3 piece. Set aside.
3. Cut two strips of the p10. One piece 1.5” by 5.75” and one 1.5” by 6.5”. Set aside.

Becky

Image Image Image

BurgerL

Cherry Blossom

What a great class! You did an awesome job for your first one!

Laura
Laura Burger
ACOT Designer
Come check out the blog http://digidesignerlaura.blogspot.com/ Sign up for the Newsletter
Coupon codes at times, updates on products, a challenge here and there and much more

imwickedwitch

Cherry Cola

Now we are getting into the messy section so make sure your work space is protected (or, you don't care...that's me...can you tell by the condition of my cutting mat?)

Use a medium size brush to paint the edges of your 8 X 8 canvas pink:

Becky

Image Image Image

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

So far, I'm with you! Great directions!
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

ladycardfan

Cherry Blossom

cute!!!

imwickedwitch

Cherry Cola

Now comes the use of that old favorite, but sometimes tricky to use, friend, MOD PODGE!

Here's a couple of things I have found working with it in canvas projects:

Get a paper plate and pour a generous amount of the lovely stuff onto it. I do this because when you are covering a large surface, it is easier to use a BIG brush. The one I used for this project was a nylon bristled 2"brush. It won't fit in the jar. (don't ask :greenwinkb: ) Thus the paper plate.

The big brush also helps because by the time you get a large area covered on both your canvas AND the back of the paper you are adhering, part of it dries already. Grrr. Sometimes you still might have to touch up the edges as you put the paper in place.

Okay. Now let's DO IT!

Coat the canvas with a thin layer of podge. Take the p3 piece and coat the back with a thin coat of Podge. Do this quickly. Place the p3 piece onto the canvas and smooth from the center outward. If the edges have dried a bit you can tuck your brush between the paper and canvas and add more podge.

Let this dry for about 5 min or so then coat the whole piece with a thin coat of podge.

Here's where you may see some bubbles but when it dries completely, small ones don't usually show...these didn't
Becky

Image Image Image

imwickedwitch

Cherry Cola

Now we need to let it dry to touch.... tap****tap****tap***
Becky

Image Image Image

imwickedwitch

Cherry Cola

Now adhere the two strips of p10 onto the canvas with the smaller one above the longer using the same podge technique as above.
make sure to brush a thin coat of podge over the top of these pieces as well.

Becky

Image Image Image

imwickedwitch

Cherry Cola

more drying.... :greenconfused:
Becky

Image Image Image

imwickedwitch

Cherry Cola

While that's drying, pick two ribbons to match the papers and put one on top of the other. I put a thinner yellow ribbon on top of a wider pink one. When your canvas is dry enough, take the ribbons and run them under the canvas around tho the front and cut a generous amount extra to tie a bow with. Then do it!

Becky

Image Image Image

imwickedwitch

Cherry Cola

writerlady wrote:So far, I'm with you! Great directions!
Awesome!
Becky

Image Image Image

imwickedwitch

Cherry Cola

Now use the border pucnh of your choice to punch a border on the photo/paper combo. I used the EK success notebook paper edge punch. Then adhere it to the canvas on the right, over the ribbon.

Becky

Image Image Image

imwickedwitch

Cherry Cola

And now the last (and for me the most fun) part! Gather all the pink, white, yellow, green flowers, brads, ribbon and leaves you have, and some bling and embellish the heck outta it!!! I attached everything with glue dots.

Becky

Image Image Image

imwickedwitch

Cherry Cola

I hope to see your finished projects posted to this thread this weekend!!! I'd love to see some SPRING! I'm so tired of winter! Thanks girls! :greenlol: :greenlol: :greenlol:
Becky

Image Image Image

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

Becky--this canvas is amazing!!! I'm definitely going to have to play with my digi stuff again so that I can try it!

j3xs

Cherry Blossom

Thanks so much, I have started using canvas too and it is a lot of fun. I got caught up in another challenge so I will be trying this later. Congrats on such a great first class.
Jo

Return to “February Crop 2010”