Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

MamaK321

Cherry Addict

Holiday Decor CLASS *right here*
Welcome to my Holiday Decor crop class everyone! I am very excited to share these creative homemade holiday ideas with you. These projects are perfect for decorating your own home or for gifting to friends and family. What I like best about these projects is that they are a little out-of-the-box... using the chipboard shapes in a different way.

We will begin with my favorite piece... the Star Decoration.

gather your supplies:
Kaiser Craft Star Decoration, photos, and embellishments for your star.

I started by sanding the edges lightly and then painting with gold paint. You could use paint, spraypaint, distress inks or just leave them plain. I imagine glueing a decorative trim along the endges may look nice also.

*note* While you are painting the edges of the star pieces, you may wish to also paint the smaller mini-book pieces as well.

:-D I love the idea of using photos on these decorative stars, not just paper. Of course you can opt not to use photos and just decorate with paper.

Trace the star shape onto your photos, making sure you arrange the main subject of your photo appropriately. Holding the star & photo up to a light source can help you determine the best position for your star. *Digital scrapbookers may wish to scan the star shape and then use that to clip their photos to fit.

Notice how the photo covers one whole side of the star. You'll want to pay attention to this because when you put the finished star pieces together, the photo will appear split.

Trace the star shape on your patterned paper and cut. I printed two different digital papers, from Jeanne Marie's Scraps. Because I wanted to alternate the colors that appear on each side of the star, I cut the paper stars into halves before adhering to the star.

*note* it is a good idea to place all your paper and photos where you want them to go before gluing just to ensure proper placement of the finished project.

:-D I love the die cut snowflake paper from Little Yellow Bicycle and thought it would dress up the background paper nicely.

Now it is time to decorate. I started with layering a die cut paper on one section of my star. Also, because my photos only covered so much on the star, I have blank space on the tips. I trimmed extra scraps of my patterned paper to fit and then used gold cord to accent the seam. Now add bling, rubons, etc. and you are finished with the star.

Image Image

and next we will create the mini decorations....

gather your supplies:
Kaiser Craft Mini Albums Pack #1, papers, and embellishments.

:-D As soon as I saw these mini albums I thought to myself... I don't need another mini album but what else can I do with these great products? Well, why not turn them into decorations too! You don't have to use them exactly as I did, hopefully you'll be inspired and look at mini albums in a different light as I did.

We will begin with the Noel Banner (as shown above). I noted during the last project that you may want to paint or ink these pieces at the same time, which is what I had done. So if you like, re-visit the steps above for sanding and painted the chipboard.

Trace and cut your paper or photos, and glue to the chipboard.

Punch the holes out of the paper and use ribbon or cord to tie the chipboard pieces together.

*note* if you have a craft drill, you may wish to drill additional holes in the center pieces to tie them togehter as well. You may also arrange the banner vertically instead of horizontally.

Now decorate to your hearts content! I used the Christmas Cheer Cricut cartridge to cut out my letters. Prima bling and flower and stickers from Little Yellow Bicycle.

and finally... the circle ornaments

I started by designing digitally 3" circles with paper and main accents for my ornament, then printing on matte photo paper for best results. I used kits from Lindsay Jane and Kandy Kane Creations.

Prep the chipboard circles like we did in the projects above. Cut the paper to fit, layering with cardstock if necessary.

Add any embellishments you desire. I used bling, Stickles glitter and a Making Memories rub on phrase. Punch holes through your paper and hang with ribbon -we're done! :-D

Image Image

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Holiday Decor CLASS coming up *right here*
I will be here!
ImageImage 

ChrissyTina

Cherry Bing

very cute!
Chrissy

scraptag

Cherry Cola

super cute. I wonder if the lit tree is a photo or paper???

scrapbelle

Cherry Bing

I will be here!
Image Image

Scrappin13

Sweet Cherry Pie

I'll be in and out, my 6 year old wants me to play a game with him

The projects look very cute
Molly

ArmyWife95

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I'm watching, but I don't have the supplies!

MamaK321

Cherry Addict

scraptag wrote:super cute. I wonder if the lit tree is a photo or paper???
I took those photos of my girls decorating the tree in dim light and thought they'd be perfect for this project. :-D
Image Image

MamaK321

Cherry Addict

and that is it for my class. I hope I inspired you to create some fun holiday projects! They were really very simple and will make perfect decorations to cherish for years to come.

thank you for coming :-D
Image Image

Return to “November Crop 2009”