Cherry Picker
Gallery: 90

Re: Stickles Class is here!

Post by pebbles831 »

Here!
- Shannon -
Mom of 4, ages 7, 6, 5, and 3
Air Force Wife
You can check out our adventures in Okinawa, Japan on my blog!
My Blog

Renee
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 353

Post by Renee »

I'm here!
MLee
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 404

Post by MLee »

I'm here and I have multiple types of stickles by my side. :)

Miss Daisy-NC
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 58

Post by Miss Daisy-NC »

I'm here!!!!
Charlotte
Kimandasmo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 829

Post by Kimandasmo »

Types

Here is an example of the different types of Stickles side by side....photographing Stickles is not an easy task...but I hope you can see the differences.
The regular stickles have a much smaller tip on the bottle and the color is much more concentrated. The Ice stickles have a very airy feeling about them. Their color is not as intense as any of the other Stickles the pieces of glitter in these are much larger than any of the other Stickles. . Glitz Stickles are just that glittzy... Distress Stickles come in shades to match the Tim Holtz Distress inks and are not at all shiny. I Love them because they add bling without adding shine...they are like a matte glitter if that makes sense.
sls9663
Cherry Tart

Post by sls9663 »

Wow, I love stickles!!! I can't get enough of them.
Kimandasmo
Cherry Jubilee

Post by Kimandasmo »

Tips

I have that the best way to store Stickles is upside down. It helps to keep the tips from clogging as easily. There are a few different ways that I have seen to do this. I have mine velcroed to the bottom edges of a spice rack. A friend has hers velcroed to a cookie sheet that she has tied to one of her shelves, and I love Scrapprincess18's idea to velcro them to one of the acrylic frames.

Keep a needle close by, especially when working with regular Stickles, because of the smaller tip sometimes pieces pf glitter will get stuck. I use a needle/pin to push them back down the spout. Sometimes you will have to do this more than once, but it is well worth it.

I also keep a small piece of plain paper on my desk and I tap the Stickles top down on that each time before I use them and often while I am using them, this keeps them from "burping" as often and causing you to have boo-boo's.

But should you happen to have a little "creative " mess up. Q-tips work wonders for cleaning up, I always have some within reach.

Your best bet when working with Stickles is to work from the top of your page down, and right to left ( unless you are a lefty of course). This helps you to avoid smearing the wet Stickles and making you mad.

Drying time--- drying time varies..but it can be fairly quick. I tend to let my projects sit a few hours before touching them. I use Stickles alot and I have a fan that can be set to face down and I place my layouts under it....my dh calls it my drying fan.
Miss Daisy-NC
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 58

Post by Miss Daisy-NC »

thanks for showing the different types
Charlotte
Heidi1154
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 21

Post by Heidi1154 »

I am here but late!
Sorry!!!

ImageImageImageImageImage

ncokely
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 601

Post by ncokely »

Just certain colors of mine clog:?
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

averys_mom
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 293

Post by averys_mom »

Just wanted to say that I am here also! Big Stickles fan!!!
SBcrazee
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 28

Post by SBcrazee »

great tips!
ImageImage
Kimandasmo
Cherry Jubilee

Post by Kimandasmo »

I have some colors that clog more than others as well..... I think it is the size of the glitter in that color sometimes if you roll the bottle back and forth in your hans a bunch of times to "warm" it up that does help......also maybe holding over a light bulb for a few seconds as well.....but not tooo long.
Kimandasmo
Cherry Jubilee

Post by Kimandasmo »

Layouts and Techniques

Fro each layout I will be showing you how I embellished each different element and then the completed layout.
Layout 1-- I used Lemon I Ice Stickles, Lime Ice Stickles, Warm Lipstick Distress Stickles, and Turquoise Stickles along with the Fancy Pants Kraft-Kuts.

I started by choosing which pieces I was going to use on my layout and I decided on the sun, the tree and the rainbow.

mandee
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 17

Post by mandee »

Hi I have a quick question and don't mean to sound stupid, but don't you mean you should work left to right if you are a righty. If you work right to left then your palm could mess stuff up. ????? Thanks
lpap0807
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 32

Post by lpap0807 »

I'm a little late, but I'm here!
Have a blessed day!
Kimandasmo
Cherry Jubilee

Post by Kimandasmo »

started by embellishing my sun. I used the Lemon I Ice Stickles for this piece. My first step was to outline the inner circle on the sun like so.

Image Image

I then outlined all of the "rays' and lastly add dots to the center of the sun. I followed the pattern of the paper and added rows of dots at the intersecting lines.

Then I set it aside to dry.
Kimandasmo
Cherry Jubilee

Post by Kimandasmo »

My next piece was the tree. For this I used Lime Ice Stickles and Warm Lipstick Distress stickles.

I started by wanted to fill in all of the green area wit the lime Stickles. When working on such a large area I always outline the area I am working first and then fill it in.

Image Image

When filling it in I put the tip of the stickles to the paper and with a small amount of pressure I work in circular motions between my outlines.

After I had that part filled in I wanted to work on the pink trees a little. For the left tree I followed criss cross design of the paper and skipped every other line . working vertically only..like so

and for the right sided tree I placed a small dot on each of the lighter pink dots of the tree.

jazzyscrapper
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 39

Post by jazzyscrapper »

Raced home from work and I am here!
Terri
Kimandasmo
Cherry Jubilee

Post by Kimandasmo »

yes Mandy-- that would be correct--- sorry about the wording.

Return to “NSD 2009”