Puppy ? **Sprinklin**

4lilmunchkins
Cherry Blossom

Re: Puppy ?

Post by 4lilmunchkins »

chris_cubed wrote:I have always wanted a dachsund!!!

Image How cute they are!!!

So cute! :)
ncokely
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 601

Post by ncokely »

We own a border collie mix --she is caramel colored.
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Post by scrapy1967 »

boxer
ImageImage 

quilt118
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 49

Post by quilt118 »

sheltie
momofgjc
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 178

Post by momofgjc »

Siberian Huskies are gorgeous! I have always wanted one also. But after having a Golden Retreiver I can tell you that I will have more Golden's in the future. They are loving, protective, gentle dogs, but they do need a firm hand during training, because they are such smart dogs and they will try to get away with some things...just like kids *L*

And personally, I would get a rescue dog, mixed breed (our dog Sally is a Golden mix and our dog Sox is a Spaniel mix). I personally have seen too many personality and health problems with a purebred dog. You can get a mix that has a dominant breed in it.
Last edited by momofgjc on Sun May 03, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wheeliegirl
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 131

Post by Wheeliegirl »

something that doesn't shed
ImageImageImageImage
-Donna-
fong33
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 204

Post by fong33 »

I would love to get another Shiba Inu
jodcold
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 58

Post by jodcold »

I have a pomeranian that I absolutely adore, so that is what I would get!
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

Jody H. (jodcold)

Image Image Image

blaznpat
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by blaznpat »

Probably a Golden Retriever. Our golden is rusty color but is getting quite old.
Pat

Image Image Image
AnnOminous
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 211

Post by AnnOminous »

Of course I think cocker spaniels rule!!!

The AKC website www.akc.org has information on all of the AKC breeds. It also has contact info for the parent breed club and they have breeder referals and more information.

And if I can get up on a soap box.... mixed breeds are NOT inherently healthier. The hybrid vigor is a myth. First off, a mixed breed is NOT a hybrid. A hybrid is when you have the offspring of two different species. A lyger (lion-tiger cross) is a hybrid. A wolf/dog cross is a hybrid (and you do not want one of those - impossible to housebreak!). Most genetic diseases are present in all breeds. A mix stands just as good of a chance at getting most genetic diseases as a purebred - in some cases worse since a purebred is more likely to have been screened for genetic diseases.

Furthermore, a mix can get problems that its purebred parents do not have. For example, the length and size of the lower jaw and the upper jaw are inherited independently of one another. You cross a breed with a long pointy nose with a breed with a short pushed in face and you will very likely get bad bites. It is possible to get a bite so bad that the dog cannot properly chew food. My ex-fiance's Shih Tzu/Maltese mix had to be fed soft food for this reason. Likewise, rear leg size and front leg size are also inherited separately. You can get a mix with one set of legs enough longer than the other that it will cause a strain on the back.

ok, off of my soapbox..... the most important thing is to research the breeds and get a puppy from a reputable breeder who is breeding to the standard and does health testing. I think Pedigree's website also has alot of breed information, too.
grifscap
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 109

Post by grifscap »

Labs are great dogs for a family.
suslvgeo
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 517

Post by suslvgeo »

Right now we have an American Eskimo (she was SUPPOSED to be a Pomeranian---but she weighs 35 lbs...lol)

I want a mid size dog to go running with....so a Chiwahahahahahaha LOL is out.
SUS ImageImageImage
AnnOminous
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 211

Post by AnnOminous »

suslvgeo wrote:Right now we have an American Eskimo (she was SUPPOSED to be a Pomeranian---but she weighs 35 lbs...lol)

I want a mid size dog to go running with....so a Chiwahahahahahaha LOL is out.
Whippets were bred to be runners. lol one might be too fast for you!
girlsmommy
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 172

Post by girlsmommy »

We have two dogs. A cocker spaniel and a mini pin. While I love Daisy, the cocker, Scrappy is the most awesome dog ever. Here is a pic.
Stacie

Image Image Image Be who you are, not who you think you should be.
3crazykids
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 7

Post by 3crazykids »

A Golden Retreiver - the sweetest breed with a 'people pleaser' personality.
Jeanne Marie's Scraps
Digital Designers
Gallery: 433

Post by Jeanne Marie's Scraps »

German Shepherd great gard dog wonderful with kids we have had a total of 4 over the last 15 years, They are and where the protectors of my babies as the kids got older the dogs were always with them if a stranger so much as walked down the road they would place thier selves between the kids and any danger, when ds was about 5 he was playing in a fenced in yard, poco started barking wildly and pushing ds when i went to see what was wrong there was a rattle snake in the sand box, i so miss that dog shewas sooooooo smart, we have two now and wouldn't take anything for them heres one of them
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... D=18877874
twoturtletoes
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 1

Post by twoturtletoes »

Just got a new puppy and she is a long hair chihuahua her pic is my avatar
Don't walk in front of my I may not Follow--Don't walk behind me I may not Lead--Just walk beside me an be my Friend.

May GOD Bless You & Your Family

http://roosterscrappn.blogspot.com/

Donna
hlg1rose
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 127

Post by hlg1rose »

I have knowledge of this breed. Our first dog was a husky shepard mix, second was lap shepard, and when he died last summer, DH started researching pure bred huskies, since this was just what he wanted. Because we are not sure if we are getting another dog at this point in our lives, he has been "puppysitting" a friend's dog, a now 3 month old siberian husky. He would have better knowledge but i can tell you from my point of view. They do not bark, which is a good thing, but they howl, which can get annoying. They are loyal and good tempered, our first one was one year old when DD was born, and I never for a moment worried about her being with him. They are untrainable, sorry, but that was what we were told, although he did listen to us. They DO NOT like to be left alone, and will destroy, I mean totally destroy your home. Our first dog ate the moulding off the wall, the wood panelling off, ripped up all the carpet in the house, and then when we left him outside, he ate through the slats in an aluminium fence. Once I had the baby and stayed home, he calmed down a lot. They like to run, which means they need the freedom to run, or be taken to the park a lot, and when outside, they tend to take off.

Ok, those are the bad points, on the other hand, we loved him and he was a true and loyal pet and DH is not hesitating to get another one. The only thing stopping us is that the girls are pretty much out of the house now and we travel. Believe me, in a few months I will be posting that we got a Siberian Husky. lol
[img:dgoiopbi]http://www.acherryontop.com/i/thumbnail ... picker.gif[/img:dgoiopbi]

heleneNY http://emptynestscraproom.blogspot.com/[/url:dgoiopbi]

"The skin I'm in is alright with me, it's not old, just older" ` JBJ

[img:dgoiopbi]http://www.acherryontop.com/i/gallery2/211014-490.gif[/img:dgoiopbi]
carrie123
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 699

Post by carrie123 »

I want a pug myself but springer spaniels are really good and fun dogs.
imwickedwitch
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 545

Post by imwickedwitch »

I would get a Pekingese
Becky

Image Image Image

Return to “NSD 2009”