Gallery: 1

Re: Stitching 101 Crop Class ----> In Here <----

Post by jenny2711 »

Yeah, thanks so much!!
2_maybe_3
Cherry Blossom

Post by 2_maybe_3 »

Thanks Beth for a great class! I didn't get here at the very beginning but I did read thru it all. I can't wait to test out my hands on this technique. I know how to sew so surely I can do this, right?
Mom2Bri
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 248

Post by Mom2Bri »

Great class!! Thanks!!

I was reading along. I kept having to check on dd she is still sick.
Teresa --"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace."
http://www.acherryontop.com/i/thumbnail ... linkie.gif
sassy09
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 21

Post by sassy09 »

Thanks Beth for a wonderful Class, seems I've gotten sick right in the middle of the afternoon today and missed alot of the crop but as soon as I was feeling a bit better I high tailed it up to my computer room to get your lesson. I wanted so much to learn how to stitch on paper.. wow I learned so much.. I want to buy a sewing machine now for sure.. yours said Quilter on it is it better to buy a quilters machine or is a little regular machine just as good? anyone know? I have seen that one at walmart and wondering if that one is any good?? Loved the pleated flowers too.. wooo hooo I've got me some inspiration. lol

Dance Like No One is Watching...

Don't forget to Kiss a Frog Today!
AlwaysHappy
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 227

Post by AlwaysHappy »

Me, I'm here.
Image ImageImage

naney1952
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 8

Post by naney1952 »

Thanks Beth for explaining this so well,,,,greatky appreciated!
Jane ImageImage Image
LOYAL COLTS FAN
Jeanne Marie's Scraps
Digital Designers
Gallery: 433

Post by Jeanne Marie's Scraps »

yes it was an awesome class thanks girl
Beth-W
Featured Guest Coordinator
Gallery: 459

Post by Beth-W »

sassy09 wrote:Thanks Beth for a wonderful Class, seems I've gotten sick right in the middle of the afternoon today and missed alot of the crop but as soon as I was feeling a bit better I high tailed it up to my computer room to get your lesson. I wanted so much to learn how to stitch on paper.. wow I learned so much.. I want to buy a sewing machine now for sure.. yours said Quilter on it is it better to buy a quilters machine or is a little regular machine just as good? anyone know? I have seen that one at walmart and wondering if that one is any good?? Loved the pleated flowers too.. wooo hooo I've got me some inspiration. lol

I liked to sew before I ever started scrapbooking. I bought the machine before I started this hobby. I didn't pick it out to sew on scrapbook pages but to sew home decor projects. I like the quilting machine because it had a large flat surface on the left to rest your project on. I had sewn before and knew that would be helpful to me.

I haven't looked at the machines at Walmart so I can't give you my opinion of those. I don't think you need a super expensive machine. I would look at a basic sewing machine.

I ended up buying a White Sewing Machine from the little sewing store inside JoAnn fabrics. I was so glad when I did. I had a problem with my machine settings and couldn't figure it out for the life of me. I took it back into the store and the lady was more than happy to help me figure it out. They also sell all of the needles, bobbins, replacement parts for their machines right there. You don't have to send away for them and they ladies there usually know a LOT about their machines and sewing in general. The gals I have had help me were more than happy to do so. :-D
~Beth
"Make it bigger, make it badder, make it awesome" -Duff Goldman
"They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible, if you're AWESOME!" -Rhino

http://latteonthebrain.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
katarria
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 457

Post by katarria »

I ended up buying a White Sewing Machine from the little sewing store inside JoAnn fabrics. I was so glad when I did. I had a problem with my machine settings and couldn't figure it out for the life of me. I took it back into the store and the lady was more than happy to help me figure it out. They also sell all of the needles, bobbins, replacement parts for their machines right there. You don't have to send away for them and they ladies there usually know a LOT about their machines and sewing in general. The gals I have had help me were more than happy to do so. :-D

BETH - where were you with advice when I sent Phil out to buy mine???? Maybe we still have the receipts... ???? :winkb:
~Kathy
{hopelessly addicted}

Filling my basket with all of the new goodies :)

Return to “NSD 2009”