Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

peanutdlb

Cherry Tart

Can I ask advice here?
I am working on a heritage album now, (I am still pretty new to scrapbooking). I have loads of information from the 1700's and 1800's that is important. With no photos, what is a good way to scrapbook information. I have the KF group sheets and ones from K& Company.

rnmom247

Cherry Bing

Re: Can I ask advice here?
I don't have an answer for your question - sorry. But due to the crop and number of messages that will be generated, I thought I would help by bumping your thread back to the top so hopefully someone with a little more experience will answer. Hope you get a response and help.
Pam ImageImage

Jenn Kellams

Cherry Garcia

Maybe cut journaling strips to give it design and texture......thats what I would do.
Jennifer K.
Personal Blog

chattyscrapper

Sweet Cherry Pie

:-D HI Good morning.. I think that you can make a wonderful scrapbook without any pictures.. Just use some pretty paper that you like and journal the events. If there is a lot to say, I'd type it up on card stock and print it out first, then put it on your page. You can still add embellies and things.. scrapbooks are what you make them... think outside the box and don't let the thought of needing photos stand in your way..

I really like to use sketches.. if it were me.. I'd look for a sketches that have an area where a pic would go and use that spot for journaling instead of the photo..

I'd love to have details of that long ago with my family ... how cool.. have fun putting that together..

peanutdlb

Cherry Tart

Thanks to all. I will look into the sketches.

chris_cubed

Cherry Bing

Good luck!
~Krissi-Lee
Live, Love & Have Kids!!!

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

even though you do not have pictures of your family from long ago--that does not mean you couldn't find some landscape or period appropriate pictures to go along with your journaling to help people get the feeling of the era as well......there are tons of them out there on the internet.

chattyscrapper

Sweet Cherry Pie

Kimandasmo wrote:even though you do not have pictures of your family from long ago--that does not mean you couldn't find some landscape or period appropriate pictures to go along with your journaling to help people get the feeling of the era as well......there are tons of them out there on the internet.

good idea... there are tons of vintage photos on the net.. any google search would do.. :-D

rnmom247

Cherry Bing

Those are all really good ideas - I never thought about sketches or looking on the internet. There is also great pp that would be great for heritage pages that would enhance the layout for that period in time.
Pam ImageImage

Return to “NSD 2009”