Post by Joy »

I am here
craftyfool
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 247

Re: ***Thankful 4 Mini Album Crop Class***

Post by craftyfool »

I'm here!

But I have to bug out to start dinner quick...5 min tops!
Beth-W
Featured Guest Coordinator
Gallery: 459

Post by Beth-W »

It's no problem if you guys don't have the supplies now.  This will be published as an article so you can always attempt this later when you can purchase them.  Also, you can do it with the supplies you have on hand.
~Beth
"Make it bigger, make it badder, make it awesome" -Duff Goldman
"They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible, if you're AWESOME!" -Rhino

http://latteonthebrain.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
sandradee
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 68

Post by sandradee »

I am here
Beth-W

Post by Beth-W »

Page 1:

STEP 1: For the first layer, grab the Geometric Mocha Paperie.  Flip the paper over so the geometric pattern is facing up and place the front cover face down (ie. the holes for the rings are on the right.)  Trace the outline of the cover with a pencil.  Make sure to trace the flower as well.  Cut out the cover piece and also the flower.  I found it was easier to use an exacto knife to cut out the flower.  Glue to cover, file edges and then ink edges.

STEP2: Grab your Poolside Houndstooth PP.  Cut a piece 3 5/8" x 4".  Use your corner rounder to round the edges.  I recommend using temporary adhesive and placing it on the front cover.  Flip the page over and trace the flower holes.  Flip it back over and remove the paper.  Cut out the flower holes using an exacto knife.  Ink and adhere to cover as seen in photo.  There is another way to do this but it is more difficult.  The MDF pages are pretty thick and using an exacto to cut out the flower petal holes once the patterned paper is adhered is harder.  But, if you would rather adhere the paper with permanent adhesive and then cut them from the reverse side, you could do it that way.  Remember to sand the edges and ink your paper.

STEP 3: Cut a 3" circle out of the Toile Mocha paper and ink the edges.  Here's where all of the tedious work of cutting out the flower petal holes in both previous layers pays off.  I held my cover up the light and was able to place the circle in the precise location I wanted it.  The light will filter through the holes and help you place the circle over the entire flower symmetrically.  Once you get the exact position of the circle over the flower holes, you will need to temporarily adhere the circle to the page, flip over, trace the flower petal holes, flip back over, remove the paper and cut out the petal holes using an exacto knife.  OR, you can adhere with permanent adhesive, flip over and use an exacto knife to cut out the flower petal holes.  Sand the edges of the flower petals and ink.

STEP 4: Embellish your cover.  I used the title "Thankful 4".  You can change this to make it whatever you want.  Here's how I did mine.  I adhered a small scalloped circle from the Mocha dimensional stickers to the center of the flower.  I added a number 4 from the Poolside shimmer letters in the center.  I placed the word Thankful around the outside of the Toile Circle using the Poolside Shimmer letters.  I used the 3 mm and 4 mm size Kaisercraft Brown Pearls and placed them around the outside of the circle.  I alternated the sizes to keep from running out.  The sizes are given on the package if you want to use the exact same size as I did. 

STEP 5: Hole punch the holes for the album rings using a Cropodile or hole punch.
~Beth
"They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible, if you're AWESOME!" -Rhino

ImageImage
davsar
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 631

Post by davsar »

I'll be reading along!!
ImageImage
jaziscrapper
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 152

Post by jaziscrapper »

I had to order the album from another site since it was sold out here, but I got lucky and it arrived today. All the other materials I ordered from here and they arrived yesterday. Talk about luck :-D
Rici76
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 56

Post by Rici76 »

QUESTION? How soon after will we have the write up on this class, just in case I can't stay and finish....
scrapsakes
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 451

Post by scrapsakes »

this is cute, beth :) the brown pearls are great touch!
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)
Miss Daisy-NC
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 58

Post by Miss Daisy-NC »

I'm here !!!
Charlotte
fong33
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 204

Post by fong33 »

I'm joining in here also,
Beth-W

Post by Beth-W »

scrapsakes wrote: this is cute, beth :) the brown pearls are great touch!
Thanks, Grace!!!

Yay!  You get to join us for this crop!  Is your scraproom all unpacked?
~Beth

ImageImage
Beth-W

Post by Beth-W »

Rici76 wrote: QUESTION? How soon after will we have the write up on this class, just in case I can't stay and finish....

The articles from the classes will all be published on 11/17.  Here is a link so you can see it now:

http://www.acherryontop.com/article?a=5050

I believe it will work until it will is published and afterwards.  LMK if you can see it. ;)
~Beth

ImageImage
Beth-W

Post by Beth-W »

I will give you guys some time for the first page.  It took me the longest. :winkb:
~Beth

ImageImage
Beth-W

Post by Beth-W »

Remember to bookmark the topic (at the bottom of your screen) so you can come back and look at the class anytime. 
~Beth

ImageImage
Rici76
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 56

Post by Rici76 »

Thank you Beth....so far so good....this album is going to be beautiful!
Shanscraps
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 92

Post by Shanscraps »

so far so good....
ShanShan
jaziscrapper
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 152

Post by jaziscrapper »

The directions are perfect. I'll make this in a few days, but tonight I'm too tired after going out today for a bit. I've not been out much since I had my surgery.
craftyfool
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 247

Post by craftyfool »

My album won't be here till Monday.  :(  BUT I understand the 1st part...so that's good!  :-D
raynbow63
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 2

Post by raynbow63 »

Sorry, I'm so late.... I'm going to try and follow along:) :greenlol:
Lisa;P

Return to “November Crop 2008”