First time . . .

A place for new members to introduce themselves and ask questions about the Message Board, the Gallery and getting around ACOT.

Moderator: ACOT Employee

quilt118
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 49

First time . . .

Post by quilt118 »

And I'm so-o-o confused.  How do you folks keep up?  Guess it was a bad time to visit. I'm Linda in Lancaster County, PA.  I've enjoyed ACOT for some time and thought I would check out this crop I had read about in the newsletters.  There's winners before I can even read the challenge.  (Not that I'd even try to answer)  I just finished downloading the digi kit and the class is probably over.  Any help for this newcomer?  Glad to be here.
katarria
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 457

Re: First time . . .

Post by katarria »

I remember feeling JUST like you at my first crop! 

My best suggestion:  pick one or two things to do and stick to those.  I did a couple of fast scraps & one or two challenges during my first crop. 
~Kathy
{hopelessly addicted}

Filling my basket with all of the new goodies :)

MaBuglet
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 382

Post by MaBuglet »

Hey...Laura's class is still going and the instructions will be up long after the class is over, so don't panic! pahaha  You just have to jump in and try to catch what you can.  I use the "Recent Topics" on the right.  I use that to refresh and see the new stuff being posted.  Hope that helps you.  It's MUCH more mellow during non-crop times.  Stick around after and see :-D
CHEERS~~
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2365

Post by Art_Teacher »

It's easy to get overwhelmed.  By the way, the digi class is not over...at least not the one I'm doing.  It's only about half-way done.

Welcome to ACOT...find some things you want to focus on and do them...you'll love it!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1754

Post by beachlover »

First of all, WELCOME :-D

It does get crazy during crops, you may just want to try a few little games and kinda watch at first to see how things go.  The message board is a little scary to navigate on a good day!  Bingo ames are easy, the only thing is, you have to choose your words ahead of time and PM them to the hostess of that game in order to join.  Tere is time to join Saturday and Sunday's games if you wat to trythose.  Good luck! 
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

MamaK321
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1010

Post by MamaK321 »

Hi and welcome! we're glad you're here.

Don't you worry, the digital class is still going. The teacher has posted all the info covered so far in that first post so you can easily catch up. And don't be too shy to ask questions, we are all here ready to help!

The challenges will be open for the entire crop, layouts are due by 12:00 noon EST on Monday. 

The Fast Scrap challenges are little quickies that must be completed in 1 hour. those are tons of fun!

There are all types of games from all of our crop hostesses so if you miss a few or can't answer some, don't worry because there will be plenty more!

just hang around and have fun, chime in where you can and get to know everyone.
Image Image
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 1270

Post by Laura Fiore »

Yep--what they said. Don't let the crop scare you! Just focus on a few things and you kind of have to turn your brain off to the rest or else you will feel like you're chasing your tail!

Enjoy what you can, and stick around after the crop for a calmer, slower version of the fun!
allysonc
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 150

Post by allysonc »

Hey I'm new too. I'm just having fun with all the games and seeing what this is all about. It is hard to keep up with it all though. This is the most fun i've had in ages lol. :P  What could be better then 3 days 24/7 scrapping/cropping. Woohoo :)
Ally
quilt118
Cherry Blossom

Post by quilt118 »

Thanks all for the warm welcome.  I'm sure I will get the hang of some of this.  It's truly amazing what all is going on.  I'll be around for awhile.  Big wave from PA.  Linda
Leeanna
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 128

Post by Leeanna »

Hang in there Linda, you will get the hang of it. ;) Welcome!
Image Image
3 Pals
Cherry Bomb

Post by 3 Pals »

I remember how confused I was - but come to think f it I tend to always be a litle confused...  but I stuck it out now I am an addict to these crops. 

Just keep clicking and checking everyhitng out  -  you will get in to a rythm

Once you get into the groove you will have so much fun - and please ask away!  I am no pro like some folks but I know enough to love it here and I  count the days in between!

Welcome!
ImageImage Image
Ann
immom2anc
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 264

Post by immom2anc »

My first crop, I got all confused and overwhelmed and gave up... So this time, I'm picking and choosing and if I miss something then oh well, I'll find it next week! LOL... I just did a Fast Scrap! That was fun... But can someone tell me more about BINGO? I'm confused... Thanks!
**Kristen**
My photography: http://www.kristencarterphotography.com
Image Image ImageImage Image
MamaK321
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1010

Post by MamaK321 »

see this topic for the complete list of Bingo games and follow the links to send in your bingo list to each hostess of that game.

Bingo Master Schedule

the first Bingo game is over but you can view it to get an idea of how it'll go.
viewtopic.php?f=306&t=194590
Image Image
quilt118
Cherry Blossom

Post by quilt118 »

Good night all. My first almost eight hours of a crop. Thanks for the fun. Be back soon.  Linda
bluejeans7
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 571

Post by bluejeans7 »

Welcome to ACOT, we are so glad that you decided to join in on the crop.  Yes the MB moves fast and it is hard to keep up but you will get used it!  Like others have said before try and jump in when you can, play the games, do the fast scraps or challenges but most of all have fun!  By the next crop you will know your way around alot better. :)
budy
Cherry Tart

Post by budy »

welcome!!! hey im new 2 & i dont know zip but im having a blast!
boop55
Cherry Tart

Post by boop55 »

welcome & have a blast!!!

Return to “Cherry Blossoms”