Hello from Sunny California... re-entering the Cherry Orchar

A place for new members to introduce themselves and ask questions about the Message Board, the Gallery and getting around ACOT.

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 323

Re: Hello from Sunny California... please send rain!

Post by Flasher »

Hi, Kimberly!  Welcome to ACOT!  Like the others before me have said, you'll love it here! 

OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

Hello! I'm Nancy....from still cold mid Michigan. I"m leaving for Florida and New Orleans in 10 days, so I'm excited to get some warmth. My sister used to live in a suburb of Sacramento. It's a bit far to drive to share scrapping in person, but I love meeting people online. I have actually been lucky enough to meet a number of online friends in real life...it's great! I don't have any local friends who scrap either, so my online friends give me lots of inspiration.

I scrap mostly in digital these days, but I still love playing with paper for crafty projects. I also love to camp, I have finally gotten my husband (we only met and married 3 years ago, so his integration into our large family has been an adventure lol) to like camping and we bought a 21 foot trailer last year and he loves camping too! The advantage of digital is that I take my laptop with me and my scrap room is totally portable lol. I don't have a lot of scrappy time these days...hubby demands attention too lol. I'm not as active on this site as I used to be, but these folks here remain dear friends and I'm looking forward to adding you to the list of friends I've never met! lol
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 949

Post by suewho372 »

Hey there Kimberly!!! Happy to welcome you to the MB!! You are welcome to any and all rain we get-- all it has done here is rain rain rain. I have a swamp in my yard that will not dry up because it keeps raining lol! 
Looking forward to getting to know you!
Susan

karensay
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 240

Post by karensay »

Welcome Kimberly.

We are expecting rain Wednesday, I will try to blow some your direction.

I was stationed at Beale AFB (N of Sacramento) 1975-1977 and lived in Palm Springs in 1980.  Love California!
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper
scrappininAK
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1886

Post by scrappininAK »

welcome Kimberley - jump right in -we're a very friendly group
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up
need2scrap
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 32

Post by need2scrap »

Hi and welcome Kimberly!  Great timing to jump in with the NSD activities in full swing. 

I jump on and off the boards, paper and digi scrap (not very good at digi, but I'd love to get better).  This is a great group of gals, unfortunately I haven't been able to meet any of them in person, but hopefully some day! Image

*** Christi ***
Love to scrap - Need to scrap - Not enough time to scrap!!!

sweetsour
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 898

Post by sweetsour »

Hi from Canada!  I am willing to trade you some sunshine for some snow, how about that?   
this really is a fun place to hang out, get in on some challenges,  and share ideas.

Karrie

Kimberly Rae C.
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 22

Post by Kimberly Rae C. »

sweetsour wrote:Hi from Canada!  I am willing to trade you some sunshine for some snow, how about that?   
this really is a fun place to hang out, get in on some challenges,  and share ideas.

Some snow would be nice... we could use that too. One of my dearest friends lives in Canada, he is a former Navy Pilot and he and his wife settled in her hometown of Calgary. It's beautiful out there. I've been to Vancouver and Whistler to ski... one of my favorite places. 
Be the change you want to see in the world - Ghandi
Han Solo and Chewbacca for 2016
Image Navy Veteran (1993-2001) 
A Friend of Bill since March 12th of 1995...
My blog... Altered Whimsey's Studios http://alteredwhimseys.blogspot.com/
Follow me on Instagram as alteredwhimseys

Kimberly Rae C.
Cherry Blossom

karensay wrote:Welcome Kimberly.

We are expecting rain Wednesday, I will try to blow some your direction.

I was stationed at Beale AFB (N of Sacramento) 1975-1977 and lived in Palm Springs in 1980.  Love California!
Yup, I know Beale, used to fly there on MAC flights to see my husband when I was stationed in WA and he was down here before we got married. Almost joined the AF, but they couldn't guarantee my school and the Navy could. That and I come from a Navy family... my dad, grandfather, uncle, great uncle, and great grandfather on my dad's side.

JillinIN
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 479

Post by JillinIN »

Hi Kimberly,
I know we've chatted a little bit through other posts. I'm glad you're here and if I lived closer I'd definitely come and scrapbook with you.
I'm looking forward to NSD and seeing more from you and your work.
I hope you find some cherries who are near by to scrap with.
Welcome!!
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
ratgirl
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 87

Post by ratgirl »

Hi Kimberly!
We talked a little via your blog, but I thought I'd come say hello again here. :) We do indeed have a lot in common. I don't drive---have never had a license, I got into scrapbooking when a medical issue forced me to spend quite a lot of time reclining (sadly my condition was permanent, but at least picking up scrapbooking/papercrafting came out of it, right?), we both have degrees in English with a focus on Shakespeare (well, mine was more generally focused on renaissance lit, but that includes Shakespeare, right? ;) Oh, and we're both cat fans! 

Really cool to meet you! Hope to see you at the online crop tomorrow!

Kimberly Rae C.
Cherry Blossom

ratgirl wrote:Hi Kimberly!
We talked a little via your blog, but I thought I'd come say hello again here. :) We do indeed have a lot in common. I don't drive---have never had a license, I got into scrapbooking when a medical issue forced me to spend quite a lot of time reclining (sadly my condition was permanent, but at least picking up scrapbooking/papercrafting came out of it, right?), we both have degrees in English with a focus on Shakespeare (well, mine was more generally focused on renaissance lit, but that includes Shakespeare, right? ;) Oh, and we're both cat fans! 

Really cool to meet you! Hope to see you at the online crop tomorrow!

It's great to meet you too. I don't know whether you got the message I sent you. Anyhow. I'm getting ready to crash here, but will be on in the morning. See ya then!

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2146

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

Well Kimberly, you sure came to the right spot!!! We may not always get to meet each other, though some of us have been fortunate enough to, we are a very tight group of caring, talented ladies who ALL love to scrap!!! You will never feel alone again if you chat on here, we truly become quite close. The inspiration here is unbeatable, and I myself have learned so many things!!! Welcome to the home of the "cherry" that would be us. I look forward to getting to know you better!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

Return to “Cherry Blossoms”