***New Cherry Questionairre***

A place for new members to introduce themselves and ask questions about the Message Board, the Gallery and getting around ACOT.

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Retiree3
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 5469

Re: ***New Cherry Questionairre***

Post by Retiree3 »

How did you find ACOT?? by surfing the internet

What technique would you like to learn? embossing

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? 3 or 4

Are you into digital or paper layouts? paper

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? family

Do you have your own scrap room? yes

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? no

What gives you the creeps? mice

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? both

0hat is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? International coffee-hazelnut

[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

SweetG
Cherry Tart

Post by SweetG »

I am not really new here but am pretty new to scrapbooking. I have bounced around from forum to forum but I think this is the place I would like to hang my hat and really get started.

How did you find ACOT??

I think I was looking for tutorials when I first found this site (and still looking for tutorials).

What technique would you like to learn?
Layout design is my biggest issue.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout?
I would like to use anywhere from 1 large photo to maybe as many as 10 or 12 depending on the layout..

Are you into digital or paper layouts?
I briefly got into paper but am really wanting to get going with digital.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?
I have not done any layouts of my own only class lo's. I would like to start with some vacation photos

Do you have your own scrap room?
Yes I have a beautiful room my dh built for me.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life?
Yes, I went to a paper crop thinking that there would be guidance from other scrappers but everyone was either into their own thing or in their own little circle of friends I just kinda packed up and slid out the back door.

What gives you the creeps?
Slimy stuff in the kitchen sink.

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird?
I am definitely and early bird, I love being up early enough to watch the birds appear in the garden. When the sun goes down I go down.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage?
I must say it is coffee with a nice shot of Bailey's Irish Cream...and oh yeah, it doesn't matter if it is am or pm.

That is about it from me.
LLinda
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 39

Post by LLinda »

Hi there!
I've been uploading photos here in the ACOT gallery for quite some time, but I am just now looking around here in the forums. (BTW, love the countdown clock for the online crop some smart person thought to post at the top of the page.)

How did you find ACOT?? I CT for Laura Burger who sells in the ACOT shop.

What technique would you like to learn? I'm a very messy embosser, (powder everywhere!) and would love to learn tips to improve that.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? One or two at most if I'm on my own, if using a sketch or template, what it calls for

Are you into digital or paper layouts? I do nearly all digi LOs, but love to get my hands dirty making cards and other hybrid projects.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? I just finished a star album for my designer and enjoyed that so much, I'm thinking of making another one.

Do you have your own scrap room? I have a craft room, but rarely work inside it. It's mostly to store my tools and stash.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? One real life crop, several online crops. But I tend to yak and not get much work done while I'm there either way!

What gives you the creeps? Well, last Sunday at the beach, little fishies kept nibbling on me and I had to get out of the water. That definitely creeped me out!

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? If my family and schedule allowed it, I'd be a hard-core night owl, but RL most of the year, I'm yawning jawcrackers by 10 PM.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Dh and I crewed for years with friends whose boat drink was a fuzzy navel, and I can't drink one today without a smile and a happy glow.
Last edited by LLinda on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctmhdanielle
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 1

Post by ctmhdanielle »

Hello Cherries!! I'm new the message boards, but not new the site. My name is Danielle. I live in MD and absolutely love scrapbooking!!! I've filled out the questionairre below :-)

How did you find ACOT??

I'm not sure, but it was probably a search engine, Google is my favorite. However I found it, I'm sure glad I did.

I really like those new glimmer mist things I've seen, so I'd love to learn how to use those on a layout.

That usually depends on if I want 2 pages next to each other to match. If I only have a few of one theme I'll get them all on one page, usually I try to keep it to 3 or 4, but I have cropped photos small enough to get 6 on a 12x12 page.

I'm a true paper girl all the way!! I've tried digital, but it just doesn't do it for me.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?

I'm working on a few albums right now. I just bought a house, so I have house warming pictures, moving pictures etc to get done. I'm also working on the pictures from my cruise last year (I know I'm behind).

I sure do!! Having an extra room just for scrapbooking was a requirement when I was looking for my home.

This weekends online crop will be my first one like that ever! I'm super super excited! I go to real life crops all of the time. I'm scheduled to attend one on the 12th of September. I'm also scheduled for a huge weekend crop next February and I'm hosting my first crop and it's a weekend one in June next year.

Spiders really give me the creeps, but I they tend to be a requirement on Halloween pages :-D

I'm all day person! Scrapbooking is absolutely the only reason that I like getting out of bed early.

Like Jimmy Buffet it's MARGARITAS all the way!! I skip the salt and they are always on the rocks!
With God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26
http://polka-dot-scrapper.blogspot.com/

TracyQ
Cherry Tart

Post by TracyQ »

suslvgeo wrote:
And WELCOME to ACOT!!!! We are glad you are here!!!!
How did you find ACOT??

Thank you so much! I didn't realize there was a message board here. How exciting! I'm trying to figure this out. My time in the computer is a bit limited (5 of us using one computer), but I'll try to be here when I can. I was reading in the email about an online scrap. I'm going to have to look for the next one, and use this weekend to figure out how that all works. It seems like fun! :)

I'm Tracy Q, wife of Marty for 20 years, and mom to three, a 19yo (today), 17yo, and 14yo. We live in Western New York, and I love scrapbooking, nature, reading, crafts, and my family, both my little one, and our HUGE extended family (13 siblings between my husband and I, all with spouses, and over 50 nieces and nephews, great nieces, and great nephews). It's a blast!

Now, to answer your questions:

I don't remember how I found out about ACOT. Hmmmm....

Hmmm...technique I'd like to learn......wow, hadn't thought about it in awhile. It's been awhile. I guess paper tearing, and how to use it in a layout effectively.

I place about 3-4 in a layout, unless I'm doing more of a block type of layout with a lot of pictures. But 3-4 is normal.

I'm into paper layouts, but willing to learn digital. But I think my heart is always in paper.

Most recently, I took all of my wedding pictures (of 20 years old), and took the proofs out of the magnetic album, and the 8 by 10s out of the original album, and made an album with all of them. The pictures were deteriorating, so I'm THRILLED I finally did something I set out to do, and am quite proud of it!

I don't have my own scrap room. I used to, but the teens are growing up, and need more room. I now have my desk for scrapbooking and my office (for homeschooling and family matters) in my bedroom. I need to work on it, and organize it. It's on my list.

I've been to many scraps in real life. My sister and I LOVE to go. They run from 10 am-8 pm, and it's my ME time, and my time with my sissy. It's great fun!

What gives me the creeps? RATS give me the creeps! Oh, and early foggy mornings too.

I'm both a night-owl and an early-bird. That's why I'm always very tired.

I love coffee. :)

It's nice to meet you all!

Tracy Q.
cbl4ever
Cherry Blossom

Post by cbl4ever »

How did you find ACOT?? my mother in law

What technique would you like to learn? digital scraping

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? depends on the pages but hardly more the 4

Are you into digital or paper layouts? paper but want 2 learn digital sooner or later

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? a zoo layout of my sons first trip

Do you have your own scrap room? no i share with my mother in law

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? yea both

What gives you the creeps? mice

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? have 2 be an early bird with my one year old son waking up at 7am

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? diet pepsi

Crystal =^-^=
Ashjoy
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 151

Post by Ashjoy »

How did you find ACOT?? I found you a while ago while just getting started scrapping but I think the crop overwhelmed me at first so I shyed away and just found my way back.

What technique would you like to learn? Not sure if it's a technique, but ways to use stamps more on my lo's. And copic coloring as well.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? 1 or 2

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? I've done a few mini lately. A prom, baby boy and baby girl.

Do you have your own scrap room? yup

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? yup

What gives you the creeps? snakes

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? both, depends on the day.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Diet wild cherry pepsi, but I have a drink its a strawberry daquerie.
Joyce 

snickerdoodleart
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 2

Post by snickerdoodleart »

How did you find ACOT??

Someone at work told me about it today, so glad they did!

How to use flower soft.

3-4

100 % paper

Graduation album

Yes

Only in real life!

snakes, bugs, lizards, spiders, anything creepy crawly....

night-owl

Cosmo, if it's made correctly!
jesskab
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 8

Post by jesskab »

Hi all! My name is Jessica. I have an 18 month old son named Brody. Practically all my pages are about him. My husband, son, & I live in the San Francisco Bay Area.

How did you find ACOT??

A year ago I did a search for a circus kit & found "Under the big top" by Laura Berger. I just started posting cuz I felt like joining the crop.

Whatever new comes up next. I just mastered silhouettes.

I like 4-5 clustered, but it all depends on the page.

I mostly do digital these days, but have enough paper supplies to last the next decade.

I just did challenges 14 & 15. I've been working on alot of pages using cell phone pics that I've recently gotten around to uploading.

I have my own "scrapbook central" corner in the bedroom with a table, chair, armoire, bookshelves, scissor/punch rack, & ribbon rack.

both

mean judgemental people

so an early-bird

jack & diet coke
-jess b.
ebcullen
Cherry Blossom

Post by ebcullen »

How did you find ACOT?? Through a group I swap with

What technique would you like to learn? How to emboss

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? 2 or 3

Are you into digital or paper layouts? paper layout

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? my little girl's

Do you have your own scrap room? technically it my living room lol

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? no this weekends was the first one on ACOT

What gives you the creeps? Spiders

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Night owl because of school

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? southern blues
Leslie Krochta-Cullen
lissahope26
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 1709

Post by lissahope26 »

suslvgeo wrote:This is a questionairre for any new Cherries that want to participate!

We here at ACOT would love to get to know more about you and this seems like a fun way to do it. Of course we also encourage you starting a thread and introducing yourself, this is just a fun little tool to help you get started!

I will be popping onto the thread and randomly handing out points to those that participate. What are points you ask, click here to find out more.

edited to add:any new cherry can fill this out, but random points will only be given to those that have less than 500 post counts.

How did you find ACOT?? I don't remember, it's been so long.

What technique would you like to learn? Alcohol inks and glimmer mist

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? varies

Are you into digital or paper layouts? paper, fo' sure

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? did some pages for the crop, themes include my new baby girl and 3 yr old son

Do you have your own scrap room? no :greensad:

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? yes

What gives you the creeps? rodents

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? both

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? mojitos :-D

Melissa H.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Judy19
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Judy19 »

How did you find ACOT??

What technique would you like to learn? stitching on pages
stictching on pages - haven´t tried it yet
the number I have for an event/idea/etc -

paper - I like texture - feeling/seeing various papers etc

all recent (actually first pages) about first grandson
maybe someday

just attended ACOT Summer 2009 Crop - mostly watched /learned - played games and continued slowly scrapping grandson
dirty dishes/silverware in cupboard! (my husband would say he wasn´t responsible though)
very early-bird
wine or tonic water with lemon - depending on how early I want to sleep
jannyf
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 148

Post by jannyf »

First, thanks for the warm cherry welcome!

How did you find ACOT??
Wow - I really don't remember how I found ACOT. I joined and played the gold coin/cherry game, and then I ventured over to the message boards.

Using watercolors with my stamps and just generally improving my stamping.

2-4

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Paper!

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? I'm making albums for my 4 siblings with all our baby photos - I guess it's a heritage type of album.

Do you have your own scrap room? No, I share w/my DH and I like it so we aren't separated doing our own thing.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Both

What gives you the creeps? SPIDERS!

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Early bird!

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? A vodka based drink!
- Jan

pinkie915
Cherry Blossom

Post by pinkie915 »

How did you find ACOT??

What technique would you like to learn? I enjoy learning all the new stuff. Something new pops up all the time.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? 1-9

Are you into digital or paper layouts? It all depends, I have been known to mix them

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?I actually have 2 going, wedding and my sons younger years.

Do you have your own scrap room? Oh yes I do...

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? yes

What gives you the creeps? bugs

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Fur sur a night owl

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? ice tea

www.marisheart.blogspot.com

~ Live ~ Love ~ Laugh ~
CatherineStewart
Cherry Tart

Post by CatherineStewart »

I'm a sucker for questionnaires. Love'em !!!

How did you find ACOT??
I know a few of the members here from another site

What technique would you like to learn? Anything new and hot. I'm game for anything but I could use tons of help when it comes to inks and stamping.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? One or two but will stretch it to many more if I have to.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Paper layouts, a little bit of hybrid though. I like printing some digital elements to use on my pages.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? I do yearly albums and have a BOM on the go and a random "old photos" book on the go. Right now I'm scrapping our summer vacation pics from Montreal and Quebec City.

Yup. My wonderful hubby built me my own studio that I use for both work and play.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Online yes. IRL no (it terrifies me that I might forget something). I have taught scrappy classes IRL though.

What gives you the creeps? Toilets (even if they are on TV, they gross me out)

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? I used to be a night owl but lately I've been getting up really early. What's up with that?

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Lately it's Vodka and Fruit Punch. Yeah I know, real sofisticated eh?
Cherry Picker

Post by »

How did you find ACOT?? Scrapbook Roads hop - I didn't make a purchase at that time but signed up for the newsletter - then about a month ago I got a newsletter about new products and I HAD to get some BoBunny stuff - then got another note about the Core'dinations white wash that I had been looking for and found out about the CROP (which was way fun by the way)

What technique would you like to learn? glimmer mist hints

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? 3

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? vacation to Florida (did the beach ones during the crop now have to do the theme park ones)

Do you have your own scrap room? yep :)

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? first online one was here last weekend and lots of real life ones

What gives you the creeps? spiders, mice, snakes, and probably more

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? compared to my hubby a night owl (he goes to be by 9:00 and up at 4/4:30) but for me it just depends on the day!! :)

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? frozen strawberry dacquiri

Rona - my blog
bfaretra
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 27

Post by bfaretra »

suslvgeo wrote:This is a questionairre for any new Cherries that want to participate!

We here at ACOT would love to get to know more about you and this seems like a fun way to do it. Of course we also encourage you starting a thread and introducing yourself, this is just a fun little tool to help you get started!

I will be popping onto the thread and randomly handing out points to those that participate. What are points you ask, click here to find out more.

edited to add:any new cherry can fill this out, but random points will only be given to those that have less than 500 post counts.

How did you find ACOT??
My friend at work - Tamra - tamiB

embossing

on a 2 page spread I usually have at least 6 - sometimes more if I have cropped them down small

paper

working on scrapping my mother's recipes for my 7 siblings - did apple cake and applesauce cake last

maybe one day ............................

just ones with friends

that creepy Burger King dude who shows up in people's bedrooms in commercials and those Geico eyes on top of the stacks of money

used to be a night owl but now am not either

depends on how my day at work was

nmelton
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 12

Post by nmelton »

[quote="suslvgeo"]This is a questionairre for any new Cherries that want to participate!

How did you find ACOT?? I had been trying to find places to shop for scrapbook supplies...and kept googling different things and found it!!!

What technique would you like to learn? I have noticed a long of major layering...I really like that.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? usually 2 or 3, no more than 4.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? I have done both, but I like paper best!

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? Beach page

Do you have your own scrap room? We have a scrapbook room/office

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Yes, we have crops all the time at my church!

What gives you the creeps? snakes and spiders!!

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? day to day early bird...but scrapbooking night owl

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? don't have one

Nicki
CapeTownScrapper
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 96

Post by CapeTownScrapper »

Hi,
I'm Cecile - 40 this year. Have been scrapping since December 2008,so less than a year!
It started with my daughter wanting a scrap party in Nov. I made arrangements with a local srapshop to host the party.
As the girls were mostly 8-9 years old, I landed up having to help out.
And as quickly as that I was hooked!
I don't have a room yet....but find my large kitchen counter works well. I also regularly go for scrap & chats a t my local store.
Scrappers are generally such awesome, warm and friendly people, I have dragged my best friend into it as well.
.Y friend never thought of herself a screative but is loving her new hobby too.
My hubby loves that I am preserving our precious memories, and we love rembering the moments together.
My daughter has also started her first album - she begs me to go scrapping, even my son(3 years old) gets excited .
So far I only paper scrap - would love to learn more about digital scrapping...
I am always trying differnt techniques and styles - I don't think I've discovered my own personal style yet...oneday!
Very much a night owl when it comes to my addiction LOL. Have to put the kiddies to bed then stay up very,very late.
I work very fast...so already have 5 albums, and a calendar for special days(full of single page layouts)
I use plenty of photo's on my layouts, - am completely photo crazy.
Love Bernadette's work, also 2 other South African scrappers - Juliet Corbellari and Paula Storm. The common factor is they specialise in double page layouts with lots of photo's.
Am presently working on a layout of my daughter "Bandana Girl" will hopefully finish it this weekend....

Well that's a bit about me.Love ACOT, I visit the gallery nearly everyday, such a joy to see the layouts.
alligatorally
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 18

Post by alligatorally »

How did you find ACOT?? searching for the best price on MM slice. yes, I'm cheap.
(also used to post here for magistical memories!)

What technique would you like to learn? Really want to take a watercolor class.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? sometimes 1 sometimes 10 or more

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Paper although I will not discriminate against digital. I love photoshop :-D

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? vacation stuff

Do you have your own scrap room? it is a dream of mine...

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? I love crops :-D

What gives you the creeps? smelly people

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? unfortunately, both.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? corona with a fresh lime slice!
~ Kristi ~

blog

Return to “Cherry Blossoms”