I'm not new but it's been a LONG time!

A place for new members to introduce themselves and ask questions about the Message Board, the Gallery and getting around ACOT.

Moderator: ACOT Employee

scrappitydee
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 53

I'm not new but it's been a LONG time!

Post by scrappitydee »

Hello, ACOT!

I'm an oldie who's returned once or twice, but when I updated my profile just now it said it was last updated in 2011, so that gives you an idea. I remember this place as being Stickers Galore and when it switched to ACOT. ;) In case anyone remembers me, speak up!! I'd love to do some catching up; life is so different these days than a decade ago.

I'm SO THRILLED to see the expansion of products into needle crafts, planners, crafts, art in general... SO happy to see that! I can't wait to explore and to get to know everyone who is active these days! It does seem a bit slow though - am I wrong?

I saw the newbie questionnaire post and thought it worth the time, so here's my info on that. Feel free to shoot me a message! I'm on Facebook too, so friend me! I need crafting inspiration and companionship!

How did you find ACOT?? LOL I said above, I was here back when it was Stickers Galore. I don't remember how I found it back then, but it was AGES ago. I probably was just searching for scrapbooking message boards.

What technique would you like to learn? All of them. Duh.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? I try to do at least 2-3. I need photography lessons so I can include more... or something.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? PAPER all the way, baby! I really should try to get into the digital, though. I know it's faster and probably more effective for my end goal. But the creative process is my self-care.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?

Do you have your own scrap room? Sort of. I have half a bedroom for my crafting stuff, and my middle kiddo sleeps in there too. LOL I do my crafting at the kitchen table, for the most part, so it does have to be moved and not left out.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? OH yes. All of the above, several times. I've been scrapbooking since 1998! My mother finally was able to get her box of photos from HER mother (who passed away recently, btw :'( and we are sad), but she wasn't able to tell me who was in them, where it was, or what was happening when the photo was taken. I determined right then that it wouldn't be that way for me and my kids!!

What gives you the creeps? IDK. I'm pretty hard to creep out.

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? DEFINITE night owl! If I'm up early it's because I'm STILL up. I deal with insomnia because of fibromyalgia. I also sometimes deal with hypersomnia. It's a sleep thing, a fatigue thing, I'm always tired.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Currently drinking blush wine, I like white wine, I like sprite and vodka or a vodka sour or vodka and cranberry. Sometimes I like rum and Coke. I did drink it with Dr Pepper but can't any more.

So that's me, I guess. :) I just turned 40 and am not sure how I feel about it. There won't be any more babies, and I'm still several years from grandbabies, but this phase of life is a fun one because all of my kids are big enough to care for themselves. I have health issues but I deal with them well (most of the time), and life is good and God is great. <3 

Tell me something! What's YOUR favorite technique? Show me your favorite layout or project that you've done! I want to see all the things!! <3 
DaLynn - homeschooling 3 boys ages 12, 8, and 7
breastfeeding and cloth diapering boy/girl year-old twins
loving my hubby Bill, and my Jesus as Lord
and scrapping it all... in my spare time. ;)
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1398

Re: I'm not new but it's been a LONG time!

Post by VickiR »

Welcome back!  I am an old return too from back in 2008-09.  It's a fun place and everyone is friendly!
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 446

Post by DN in MN »

Welcome back :)  
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 325

Post by Flasher »

Welcome back!  Were you a homeschooler when you were last here?  I was a homeschooler as well and think I may have interacted with you in that common interest.  I had been homeschooling since 2001.  In 2017, my son said he wanted to go to high school for his senior year.  He went -- he thrived.  I actually felt lost for a bit.  For the first time in 16 years, I wasn't teaching any of my kids.  It was such a big part of my days/life -- it felt like I was mourning a loss.  But now, I have no problem happily filling up that lost space.  And, I'm actually enjoying it!

Anyway, again, welcome back!  We've got a lot of fun challenges going on every month, a bingo game or two, and we're just a fantastic bunch of ladies who are a lot of fun!

OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2469

Post by emmapaige »

Welcome back!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Post by sdwhru »

Welcome back!!

You can find me on FB under Rebecca Y. Harry Rice.  I do have an Instagram, too.  I really need to start posting more of my scrappy things on there
Last edited by sdwhru on Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1789

Post by CarrieG »

welcome back!
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3713

Post by blbabe1234 »

Welcome back! I got here around 2010, so our paths might have crossed. I had to giggle about turning 40 because I just did that too in January. Everybody kept asking me "how do you feel?". LOL. Eh...I'm good. No kiddos here, but I do have 4 furbabies (3 dogs and 1 kitty).
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Monroe1218
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 94

Post by Monroe1218 »

Welcome back!!
Rebecca

Ashjoy
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 151

Post by Ashjoy »

Same! Welcome back!
Joyce 

joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2450

Post by joannie »

Welcome back Da'Lynn! I was here in 2011(barely). I came in 2010! WOW 10 years ago.  😬
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
VALERIE 03/22
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 452

Post by VALERIE 03/22 »

WELOCME BACK...…. I'M SORTA A NEWBIE JUST HERE IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS I GUESS..... BUT I DO LOVE IT HERE LOTS OF FRIENDLY PEOPLE AND THINGS TO DO.... I WISH I COULD DO SOME OF THE CHALLENGES BUT I'M SO COMPUTER DUMBIE THAT I DON'T BUT I DO LOVE LOOKING AT OTHER PEOPLES CREATIONS.....IT GIVES ME IDEA'S OF WHAT I COULD MAKE OR DO....

HAVE FUN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VALERIE
blfonty
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 995

Post by blfonty »

Welcome back! Glad you found your way back to ACOT. You will find lots of inspiration, friendship and support here. Enjoy!
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Aztam
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 702

Post by Aztam »

Hi, I decided to join the NSD challenges and after a rough start of figuring out the message board I was ready to participate. This seems like a convivial group of chatters so it looks like fun.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam
karensay
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 240

Post by karensay »

Welcome Back - the more the merrier!
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2146

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

I have been around since 2009, though that first year I think I was more in the shadows. I don't recognize your name, BUT, welcome back anyway!!! Glad you have found your way back to ACOT!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 949

Post by suewho372 »

Hi, hello, and welcome!  I started on the MB in 2012.... been buying at the store since 2008! 
Happy to have you back!  :)
Susan

Retiree3
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 5461

Post by Retiree3 »

Welcome Back! I started scrapping at ACOT in 2009.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

Linda L
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 101

Post by Linda L »

Welcome back! We just can't ask for a better bunch of Cherries!! 

Return to “Cherry Blossoms”