***New Cherry Questionairre***

A place for new members to introduce themselves and ask questions about the Message Board, the Gallery and getting around ACOT.

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Tinkeringjo
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 1

Re: ***New Cherry Questionairre***

Post by Tinkeringjo »

How did you find ACOT?? i was doing a search for digital challenges, and found you guys a few weeks back :)

What technique would you like to learn? i'm always on the look out for new ideas, techniques, something quirky and fun.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? depends on the mood i am in and my time frame i have. lately ive been favouring less is more.. not sure if thats because of time restrictions hmmm.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? im a digital scrapbooker although i have a studio with a ton of paper, punches, diemachines stamps etc etc.. always saved because they are just to pretty to use..

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? i did a new born page for a friend of mine, her grandson was just born last month and i wanted to surprise her.

Do you have your own scrap room? as mentioned above i have a studio in the garden, there is just not enough space in the house. uk homes are tiny.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? no never, and im eager to go and do one :)

What gives you the creeps? erm... crawly things.. detest them with a passion, and strangely enough, horror movies lol.. which figures since thats what they are meant to do. i can not, will not, watch them under any circumstances

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? i go through phases of being up late and then just crashing, but since joining this forum and you guys are at most 7 hours behind me.. possibly more, im guessing i might be up later and later.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? hmmm, kinda a vodka and orange kinda gal. although nothing beats a good nutella hot chooclate

Tr1pod3
Cherry Tart

Post by Tr1pod3 »

I can't even remember how i found ACOT...
Would love to learn more about alcohol inks/mists.
I usually put anywhere from 3-10 photos on a LO...just depends on size of LO.
paper!!! just use digi to work on photos
I am working on a book for my mom and one about all my birds
I have a corner of our finished basement to work in...it's nice in that the other half is family room so i'm still with everyone while i work
I crop with a small group at our church once a month...but have never been to an online crop
Not too much of anything really
I am most definitely a night owl!!! life should start no earlier than noon.
a cold mountain dew!
Jenni328
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 6

Post by Jenni328 »

How did you find ACOT??
online search of scrapbook stores
What technique would you like to learn?
how to use embellishments in new ways.
How many photos do you usually place on a layout?
one to four
Are you into digital or paper layouts?
paper
What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?
my wedding album....almost 16 yrs later
Do you have your own scrap room?
yes, I took over the den since the Wii is all the kids play in there now.
Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life?
Yes, I am fortunate to have found a group that gets together once a month.
What gives you the creeps?
snakes

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird?
early bird but night owl if hubby has a boy scout campout : )

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage?
I am no fun...tea...I don't drink alcohol
ernstem
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 20

Post by ernstem »

How did you find ACOT?? By accident, searching for dinosaur themed scrapbooking items in a general internet search.

What technique would you like to learn? How to use ribbon differently and my chalk inks.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? Typically 2-5

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Paper!

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? Just finished up some fall ones from outings last year. And of my oldest son playing board games with DH

Do you have your own scrap room? Nope, just a table that is barely 3 ft long and an office chair

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? yes, love to go to crops IRL

What gives you the creeps? The feel of cotton balls!

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird?Early bird

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage?Amaretto stone sour

dwinchell
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 11

Post by dwinchell »

How did you find ACOT??
I have been a member since 2008 but really only recently started getting onto the site... I love doing the crops tho.

Embossing

As many as I can.. hehe

Paper

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?
Christmas

no, it is shared as a classroom (I homeschool my children), craft room, all purpose you can say

Absolutely.. MANY online and in RL

Heights

NIGHT owl here

White Russian or Cranberry/Vodka
Denise
Mom to Nicole and Michael

SewBee
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 13

Post by SewBee »

[highlight=#e1ebf2][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN] :-D How did you find ACOT??[/highlight][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN][/highlight][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]What technique would you like to learn?[/highlight][/highlight]
[highlight=#e1ebf2][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN] A friend (2boysma) told me... she also got me into scrapbooking. [/highlight][/highlight]:)
I'd like to learn more about inking techniques.

[highlight=#e1ebf2]How many photos do you usually place on a layout?[/highlight]
[highlight=#e1ebf2][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN] 3 or as many as I can get on there![/highlight][/highlight]
[highlight=#e1ebf2][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]
[/highlight][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]Are you into digital or paper layouts?[/highlight][/highlight]

[highlight=#e1ebf2][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN] Paper... I like playing with it.

[/highlight][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?[/highlight][/highlight]

[highlight=#e1ebf2][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN] Trying to finish a trip to England from 2004!

[/highlight][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]Do you have your own scrap room?[/highlight][/highlight]

[highlight=#e1ebf2][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN] Yes :-D :-D :-D ... it used to be a sewing room.... then my mother's bedroom... now it is a scraproom

[/highlight][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? [/highlight][/highlight]

[highlight=#e1ebf2][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN] Yes

[/highlight][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]What gives you the creeps?[/highlight][/highlight]

[highlight=#e1ebf2][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN] Wasps :bludconfused:

[/highlight][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]Are you a night-owl or an early-bird?[/highlight][/highlight]

[highlight=#e1ebf2][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN] Night-owl ... whooo whooo...[/highlight][/highlight]
[highlight=#e1ebf2][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]

[/highlight][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage?
[/highlight][/highlight]

Water, just water.
ScrapyCandy
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 73

Post by ScrapyCandy »

How did you find ACOT?? I don't remember actually.

What technique would you like to learn? Would love to learn more digital step by step.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? at least 3.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Paper

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? My son's h.s. graduation.

Do you have your own scrap room? An alcove.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? One or two crops, one online.

What gives you the creeps? Dark nights with no moon, walking home.

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? early bird.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? beer
Scrapycandy
ScrapperCarolS
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 3

Post by ScrapperCarolS »

How did you find ACOT??

Originally during a web search. Also a fan on Facebook

Digital Scrapbooking to use all the freebies I have downloaded.

3-5 per page depending on cropping.

Mostly paper - want to learn more about digital

Today I did the bookmark challenge and the keychain challenge. Just finished an adorable shadow box with handmade flowers.

I have a scrapbook studio where I do most of my work, also like to work on projects while watching TV.

I have been to many crops. Today was my first on-line.

Spiders and snakes! EEWWWWW

Early-Bird all the way.

A blueberry martini from Outback Steakhouse or a good glass of port wine.
missmarcy
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 3

Post by missmarcy »

Howdy! I'm a newb ;) I wanted to fill this out but I'll also post an introduction in the forum later ;)

How did you find ACOT??

By googling digiscrap kits ;)

Hmm... I'd like to learn a little more about distressing, or whatever the proper term is. Ya know, making the (real paper) look vintage-y?

2-4, or more =)

I do both! But I'm getting back into digi right now, don't have the time for the real paper atm ;)

Just finished up these two pages!

In my dream house, yeah. In my current apartment? Nope =/

Crop...? What is this crop you speak of?

Old men with no children in playplaces.... I mean really....

Night owl, fo' sho!

Not a drinker, and honestly haven't drank enough to have a fav ;)
L_O_V_E_to_Scrap
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 1

Post by L_O_V_E_to_Scrap »

How did you find ACOT?? My oldest sister is a GREAT scrap leader and has been scrapping for years and she insisted that, as a start to the scrap world, I get on A CherryonTop!

What technique would you like to learn? All of them, everything is new to me for the most pa
How many photos do you usually place on a layout? It varies to how many pictures do I have that I can use to compliment each other

Are you into digital or paper layouts?Paper

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?Not so much working on a single theme I dont think, just scrapping my boyfriend and myself because we have been so many places and have so many PICTURES!

Do you have your own scrap room? yes, depending on what day it is. We call it the computer room, the study, the extra bedroom, and the craft room
:)

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Once, about 7 years ago with my sister

What gives you the creeps?touching a frogs back, there so slimmmey.....

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? both im not much of a sleeper

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? i can only pick one?
jnet
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 43

Post by jnet »

Hi All;
I'm enjoying getting to know everyone, slowly but surely. My name is Jeannette and I am new here.

How did you find ACOT??
Google

How to print multiple photos in a grid on 8.5 by 11 photo paperHow many photos do you usually place on a layout?
As many as I can fit!
Paper
Christmas – 1995!! I’m a little behind
J
Sort of – I have a wide space in the hall before the garage door but most of my stuff is in boxes here and there throughout the garage
Yes both! I love them!
scary movies – I never watch them
A night owl by nature but an early bird by marriage
Coffee – I HAVE to have my coffee!
Jeannette
Robina23
Cherry Tart

Post by Robina23 »

How did you find ACOT??
I found ACOT when I was searching for A Mind's Eye patterned paper! (Which I love) I am definitely glad I stumbled on it. :)

I have just recently started with stamping and would love to learn more about it. I know there is a wide variety of things you can do with it and I'm excited to learn.
Depends on the layout but usually 1-2.
Paper! I really enjoy cutting and embossing and that's not as fun digitally :)
Right now I am working on an 8x8 album for my best friend who just recently had a baby girl.
I wish! I have a scrap...corner.. :) I just use a desk in the corner of my room for all my crafting.

I havent. I'm not sure I even know what goes on at a crop... :)
Lightening...seriously..I freak out.. LOL
I get more done at night but lately it seems like I have had to be both. :) I have two toddlers and a new baby on the way in June so I'm getting used to lack of sleep. lol
Moscato! Delicious!
Betsy023
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 25

Post by Betsy023 »

[highlight=#e1ebf2]How did you find ACOT??[/highlight][highlight=#e1ebf2][/highlight]
[highlight=#e1ebf2]my friend Andrea told me about it last year, but just recently started to scrap book.[/highlight]

[highlight=#e1ebf2]What technique would you like to learn?
bling florishes and making flowers
[/highlight]
[highlight=#e1ebf2][/highlight][highlight=#e1ebf2]How many photos do you usually place on a layout?
Really depends on the layout.
[/highlight]
[highlight=#e1ebf2][/highlight][highlight=#e1ebf2]Are you into digital or paper layouts?
paper
[/highlight]
[highlight=#e1ebf2][/highlight][highlight=#e1ebf2]What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?
Just finished adding some 4th of July pictures to couple of pages I made in a class
[/highlight]
[highlight=#e1ebf2][/highlight][highlight=#e1ebf2]Do you have your own scrap room?[/highlight]
[highlight=#e1ebf2]I have craftroom, but don't seem to use it as much right now.[/highlight]
[highlight=#e1ebf2][/highlight]
[highlight=#e1ebf2]Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? [/highlight]
[highlight=#e1ebf2]Yes to both. I really enjoy both types of crops[/highlight]
[highlight=#e1ebf2]What gives you the creeps?[/highlight]
bugs

[highlight=#e1ebf2]Are you a night-owl or an early-bird?[/highlight]
[highlight=#e1ebf2]sometime a little of both, but mostly a night owl[/highlight]
[highlight=#e1ebf2]What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage?[/highlight]
[highlight=#e1ebf2]Malibu Bay Breeze[/highlight]
*(`'·.¸(`'·.¸***¸ .·'´)¸.·'´)*
«´¨`·. . BETSY . .·´¨`»
*(¸.·'´(¸.·'´***`'· .¸)`'·.¸)*

Feb. Goals 10
gerberagirl5
Cherry Tart

Post by gerberagirl5 »

How did you find ACOT?? I was looking for a certain product and this site came up on the search engine

What technique would you like to learn? I never journal on my scrapbook page or put titles on them, is that a must?

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? One or two

Are you into digital or paper layouts? paper layouts..although I recently started card making and I love it!

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? I am working on a journal, kind of a Smash book kind of thing, it's called "A year in the life of ME!"

Do you have your own scrap room? No, but I hope to by the end of the year (been trying to gently nudge the birds from the nest...)

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? No, but I would like to...

What gives you the creeps? I have a hair phobia...

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? night owl...

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? I don't drink much, but when I do, I love margaritas
akgnere
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 21

Post by akgnere »

How did you find ACOT??
I found doing a google search of scrapping in the Saginaw area.
Digital scrapping
On a two page usual 6 on a single page 1 or 2.
I do mainly paper, but am learning digital.
Working on completing the Disney album.
I share a room with hubby and his computer.
I have a retreat business and I have been to online crops too.
snakes
I have to be an early-bird for work, but my choice is to go to bed early and sleep in too.
a real Cherry coke (a rare treat).
Annie in Mio
Lover of all things Scrappy
!Image
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 956

Post by suewho372 »

How did you find ACOT??
I found doing a google search of online scrap stores since at the time (2008) we did not have a scrap store in my town.
NSD 2012 is when I got involved in the board...I had NEVER participated until then and just today saw this topic in the boards as I am trying to learn about it.

Digital scrapping... maybe in the future I still love to play with my sparkly papers!
It depends on the background paper I am using....

I do only paper right now....but do look at the digital stuff although I have no idea how to do it....it looks so cool! What happens if you try to print?

Worked on a NSD challenge about color.

I have my own room but it is split between my books and cds as well.
I have been to a local crop for Scrap Pink in the fall .... that is where I made my first layout... I have to admit I was a collector from 2004 until 2009 when I made my first page, until then I was just a collector although I did collect with specific photos in mind.

spiders

I have to be an early-bird for work, but my choice is to go to bed early and sleep in too.
after the gym I love a Sonic Diet Vanilla Coke.... but I also like a nice cold beer in the evening!!
Susan

MominCT
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 4

Post by MominCT »

Hello!! I am new here but definitely not to the scrappin world :)

How did you find ACOT?? : I was looking for a place to shop online and you had ALL the new products!

What technique would you like to learn?: Paper Bag mini albums

How many photos do you usually place on a layout?: Alot, I do 2 pages usually

Are you into digital or paper layouts?: Only Paper

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?: My boys baseball seasons

Do you have your own scrap room?: Yes, sort of. I have 1/2 a room :)

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? : Yes, I love day crops and a few times a year go to 4 day weekend crops

What gives you the creeps?: Bugs, rodents, anything creepy crawly!

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird?: Night Owl

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage?: My hubby makes a terrific spiked pomegranate lemonade with Bacardi
*Danielle - Married since 6/2/01 & Mom of 2 Boys - 9 & 11
ImageImage
mmalou2u
Cherry Tart

Post by mmalou2u »

suslvgeo wrote:This is a questionairre for any new Cherries that want to participate!

We here at ACOT would love to get to know more about you and this seems like a fun way to do it. Of course we also encourage you starting a thread and introducing yourself, this is just a fun little tool to help you get started!

I will be popping onto the thread and randomly handing out points to those that participate. What are points you ask, click here to find out more.

edited to add:any new cherry can fill this out, but random points will only be given to those that have less than 500 post counts.

And WELCOME to ACOT!!!! We are glad you are here!!!!
How did you find ACOT?? Not sure

What technique would you like to learn? any and all

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? 1.2,3,4,5, whatever works

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Paper

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? I make a bunch of card and my son b-day

Do you have your own scrap room? Nope but an area off my kitchen.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? I love crops. I go to one a month. Sometimes more.

What gives you the creeps? Wet green with flip-flops on

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? both at times

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? a White Russian

scrapendipity
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 15

Post by scrapendipity »

How did you find ACOT??
Long long time ago just searching for online scrapbook shopping. There is nothing in my teensy little town. But only recently started posting on the board.
I'd love to take a class on Copic coloring.
Usually just a couple.
Paper please!
Just finished one a couple of hours ago. Halloween theme
I do and I spend about 99% of my time in here. LOVE it! {thank you hubby}
Online once or twice.
Socks. Clean or dirty. With or without feet in them - ewwwww!
Night owl {it's almost 12:30 a.m. right now in fact LOL}
Probably Mike's hard cranberry lemonade. Refreshing!
MarZ
Cherry Tart

Post by MarZ »

[highlight=#e1ebf2]How did you find ACOT??[/highlight][highlight=#e1ebf2][/highlight][highlight=#e1ebf2]OMG! I learned of you from my sister years ago & I registered...[/highlight][highlight=#e1ebf2]What technique would you like to learn? [/highlight][highlight=#e1ebf2]I have been scrapping over 16 years, so I know a lot of techniques, but am always looking for something new.[/highlight][highlight=#e1ebf2]How many photos do you usually place on a layout? [/highlight][highlight=#e1ebf2]at least 3[/highlight][highlight=#e1ebf2]Are you into digital or paper layouts? [/highlight][highlight=#e1ebf2]paper (I love to handle pretties & get ink on my hands)[/highlight][highlight=#e1ebf2]What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? [/highlight][highlight=#e1ebf2]probably a Christmas get-together[/highlight][highlight=#e1ebf2]Do you have your own scrap room? [/highlight][highlight=#e1ebf2]not yet ~ I will use a bedroom when one of my kids moves out (will be a bittersweet time)[/highlight][highlight=#e1ebf2]Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? [/highlight][highlight=#e1ebf2]yes, in real life[/highlight][highlight=#e1ebf2]What gives you the creeps? bugs[/highlight][highlight=#e1ebf2]Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? night-owl[/highlight][highlight=#e1ebf2]What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? no alcohol ~ so my "vice" is cherry Dr. Pepper[/highlight]
Margaret

I love to talk about scrapbooking!

Return to “Cherry Blossoms”