***New Cherry Questionairre***

A place for new members to introduce themselves and ask questions about the Message Board, the Gallery and getting around ACOT.

Moderator: ACOT Employee

spendit57
Cherry Tart

Re: ***New Cherry Questionairre***

Post by spendit57 »

suslvgeo wrote:This is a questionairre for any new Cherries that want to participate!

We here at ACOT would love to get to know more about you and this seems like a fun way to do it. Of course we also encourage you starting a thread and introducing yourself, this is just a fun little tool to help you get started!

I will be popping onto the thread and randomly handing out points to those that participate. What are points you ask, click here to find out more.

edited to add:any new cherry can fill this out, but random points will only be given to those that have less than 500 post counts.

And WELCOME to ACOT!!!! We are glad you are here!!!!
How did you find ACOT??
From one of my best friends!

What technique would you like to learn?

Flocking

How many photos do you usually place on a layout?
4-6

Are you into digital or paper layouts?

Paper

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?

New Baby

Do you have your own scrap room?
Yep!

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life?

Yes, in real life

What gives you the creeps?

Reptiles

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird?
Night Owl

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage?

Sangria

jaullom
Cherry Tart

Post by jaullom »

How did you find ACOT??
One of the emails that shares about other sites! I'm so glad I click on you and checked you out. I am really excited to get involved with all the fun things you have going!
:-D

I just purchased Photoshop Elements 8. So I'm hoping to learn about digital!!

It all depends on what I am working on.

Paper but would like to combine them.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?
My grandchildren

Yes but I need a bigger one!!
:winkb:

Yes, love to go to crops

Spiders

Night Owl

Diet Coke!! :inlove:
MNO
Cherry Tart

Post by MNO »

Hey, I'm Melissa a SAHM to 4 kids, 5 dogs and a cat. I've a customer of the store and I decided I needed to meet some new friends so I just joined the forum!

How did you find ACOT??
Gosh, I'm not sure I've known about your store for a while.

What technique would you like to learn? How to keep my house clean with 4 kids!! LOL Seriously, I cannot think of one right now.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? Between 1 and 4

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Give me the paper!!! I must feel it and get my hands into creating.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? I work randomly but my last page was 2 of my kids in the bathtub - very original layout! HAHA

Do you have your own scrap room? Yes I do.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Yes to both.

What gives you the creeps? That's a rather long list!

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Well, sort of both.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Rum and Coke
CreativelyCarol
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 6

Post by CreativelyCarol »

Hi! I am Carol and I am addicted to scrapbooking and making cards! I live in Mesquite, NV where I don't have anyone to scrap with :(

How did you find ACOT??
I think it was from a swap group I was in a while ago

What technique would you like to learn? all of them ( can't think of one)

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? 4-5

Are you into digital or paper layouts? paper, I need the therapy

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? Grandchildren

Do you have your own scrap room? I use to, but we moved and now I have a table up in the livingroom - ALL THE TIME so more like a scrap corner

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? yes, love them both

What gives you the creeps? weird old men

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? trying to go from night owl to early bird.... it isn't working!

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage Coke Zero. As a Mormon, I don't drink... But when I did, it was Baileys and Cream :) Dessert in a glass!
Carol Gomes
Check out my blog : www.creativelycarol.blogspot.com
Kitkat137
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 151

Post by Kitkat137 »

My answers are in green

How did you find ACOT?? I joined a scrap group on BabyCenter.com and it led me here.

What technique would you like to learn? paper cutting, layout ideas, embossing, quilling, and much more (I'm a scrap newbie)

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? 2 or 3

Are you into digital or paper layouts? paper

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? Golf

Do you have your own scrap room? kinda. I use the guest bedroom as a work space.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? This winter one on ACOT is my first (online)

What gives you the creeps? insect swarms

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? night owl

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? coconut rum and diet coke with splenda
Last edited by Kitkat137 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kat >^..^<

Image Image Image
Sim6ba
Cherry Berry

Post by Sim6ba »

Hello everyone. My name is Marilyn. I found ACOT by accident way back when it was Stickers Galore. The technique I would like to learn more about is using distressing inks. When it comes to layouts it depends on how many photos I would use according to how many I have. I like to use paper layouts because of all the cool stuff you can use. I just recently altered the Kaiser Craft's perpetual desk calender for my daughter for Valentine's day. My office is my scraproom. I have only done the online crops here, but never did any layouts. Spiders give me the creeps. I am considered a nightowl. My favorite 5'oclock drink sometimes is Hennessey & pepsi, otherwise just coffee.
~MARILYN~
mommyof4
Cherry Picker

Post by mommyof4 »

How did you find ACOT??

I think I Googled "Online Scrapbook Stores" several years ago.

Embossing. Sounds so easy, but I suck at it.

Too many. I take too many pictures, and I have a hard time editing them down to the essential photos. I'm getting better at it, though.

Paper. I have too much stuff to go digital.

I'm working on my 9 year-old son's album right now. I'm in summer 2008 and just finished a page about our trip to Gatlinburg.

Yep.

Definitely! Real life day crops, weekend crops and several of these ACOT online crops.

Those Ghost Hunter/Ghost Story shows on cable.

Night owl.

I don't drink a lot, but I enjoy some Mike's Hard Lemonade every now and again.
Lorus
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 1

Post by Lorus »

I found ACOT through the Scrapbooking Roads Reindeer Roundup Nov '09. I would love to learn some inking techniques. I like to put lots of photos on each layout. Rarely do I make a page with only one photo. I use paper layouts, but really want to try some digital (I guess that is another technique I would like to try!). I am not working on anything right now. I have been playing around with making cards since I got my Cricut. I need to catch up on the family book and our latest trip. I do not have my own scrap room yet. I have one set aside, but it needs new light fixtures, shelves, and cabinets. It was a bedroom until we completed our addition a few months ago. I haven't been to a real crop in 9 years, but I did the Feb online crop here. Spiders give me the creeps! Unfortunately, my kids know this! I am not a night owl or early bird. Maybe a late morning to mid afternoon bird? I am a tee-totaller so the only 5'oclock somewhere drink I drink would be coffee!
michellecm03
Cherry Blossom

Post by michellecm03 »

How did you find ACOT??

Through a friend..she had a good time w/ the online crops!

any & all new ones!

depends, definitely more than one!

Paper! Digi scares me!

I'm bound and determined to do chronological albums (with a sprinkle of mini albums to keep me motivated), so Xmas 2007

YEs, love it! Don't spend as much time as I'd like there though

Yes, I try to go to "real-life" crops at least once every 2 months, like the online version too though...

Gas station restrooms...ugh!

both....depends on the mood, probably more night owl though...

Hands-down, Margaritas! Have a pre-mixed bottle in the fridge at all times!
scalder
Cherry Tart

Post by scalder »

Can't remember how i found ACOT.
Technique to learn--mmm--using vellum.
I like paper layouts.
I am working on a baby album with layouts so the new parents just have to plunk the photos on the pages!
I share my scrap room with my hubby. It is our computer room, although I do have a craft room for sewing in the basement.
Creeps--parents who mistreat their children.
I am a night-owl although I have tried over the years to change my clock (my hubby is an early-bird).
My favourite beverage---mmm--chocolate martinit:)
aceason
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 723

Post by aceason »

How did you find ACOT?? A friend told me about it.

What technique would you like to learn? Hm, I feel like I know most of them so I guess whatever new techniques come out.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? Lately I've been focusing on one but I've been known to get crazy and have two or three.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Paper. A friend tried to get me to do digi but I'm on my computer all day and don't need to spend any more time with my mouse. Plus I'm a certified paper junkie.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? I've been working on the challenges to get away from my typical style and try some new things.

Do you have your own scrap room? Yes, my friends say it looks like I have a scrapbook store.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? I've been in real life, wish I could go to more, and online here for the first time!

What gives you the creeps? Ladybugs. I know, weird.

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Both, I don't sleep much.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Pomegranate Martinis
shayla_rose
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 125

Post by shayla_rose »

How did you find ACOT?? I was looking through scrapbook stores online and this one looked cool.

What technique would you like to learn? stitching on a lo

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? 2-3

Are you into digital or paper layouts? paper lo's

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? a zoo lo

Do you have your own scrap room? nope

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? yes one irl

What gives you the creeps? spiders!!

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? night-owl but im forced to be an early bird

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? strawberry margaritta :)
ScrapKaty
Cherry Tart

Post by ScrapKaty »

How did you find ACOT?? My sister told me about the site.

What technique would you like to learn? Alcohol inks

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? If I'm doing a single page..one, maybe 2...if doing a 2 pager...lots!..no, normally about 5'ish

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Paper... I love paper and scissors and glue

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? I'm currently working on a 2 pager with about 8 photos of one of our daughters and her boyfriend. They've been together about 4 years. I'm using papers from my monthly kit which is "love and romance".

Do you have your own scrap room? I have my choice of 3 bedrooms that I could convert into a scraproom...but right now I have an area (desk, cabinets, and shelf) in between the living and dining rooms... I love it there. Can watch TV with hubby..it's conveniently located close to the kitchen..and lots of windows...I'd love to have a room, but I'd feel so alone and isolated working up there by myself.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Not yet. My sister are and I are attending one in May for 3 days...Can't wait!

What gives you the creeps? Spiders

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? I'm an early bird! I can never sleep in on my days off..and I always feel my best in the morning.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? I don't drink...but does ice tea count as a "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage?

Arcadian
Cherry Tart

Post by Arcadian »

Hi all

How did you find ACOT??

I was a paper customer for years, can't remember how! Now I buy digi. Not because I don';t love the paper stuff but because I have a house full of that;-)

Using templates

3 -4 . I'm afraid my family laugh at the layouts with one teeny photo and 20 embellishments in one corner and complain they can't see themselves in the photo

Both but mostly digital

Just completed a paper album of our last cruise. Working on a big digital album of "Our house" which mostly consists of pictures or my DH fixing stuff.

You're kidding. Have you seen the size of houses in the UK?? I work in the dining room. I also quilt in there. Occasionally we eat in there too.

Yes I go to local crops when I can and teach small digi classes at home

People who are cruel to animals

Night Owl. I live in England on New York time even though I've never been there.

Pimms
PhillyScraps
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 8

Post by PhillyScraps »

Hi Ladies!
I am far from new to A Cherry on Top, just check my bank statements over the past few years, but I have never been really active on the boards, now it is a new year and new me so I am dedicating more time to what I love - scrapping! Here's my intro!

How did you find ACOT??

As far as I can remember I found stickers galore first and then ACOT and loved the way everything was set-up the promo codes and great customer service I always receive.

I am pretty seasoned although I have been challenging myself with using copic markers and coloring lately.

I usually wind up with one photo but I really want to do more multi-photo layouts.

Although I am extremely impressed with digi artist I am a paper kind of girl, I love the feel, smell and just "having" it - okay yes I need help.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? Thanks to my bsff (best scrapbooking friend forever)
who I met trhough another site I am hooked on Crate paper bliss right now. The colors and patterns are so much fun!

Do you have your own scrap room? Yes aptly known as Tamikaville (because Tamika is my name, lol) and even though I tell my family over and over again they are not allowed in there I still find evidence of the contrary.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? I participated in one ACOT online crop and I was so tired by Sunday night. It was sooo exciting and addictive! My bsff and I met for the first time at a crop in CT. We met online and talk everyday and couldn't wait to meet each other. She is from Boston and I am from Philadephia so we met in the middle in CT. It was one of the best moments of my life and it has brought us even closer. I tell her more than I tell most of my other girlfriends. (whether she wants to hear it or not, lol)

What gives you the creeps? Mostly heights, I have such a huge fear of falling.

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? I am a night-owl. I envy people who can get up in the morning ready to go but I struggle every time my body tells me it is time to wake up (my husband does not like alarm clocks)

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Woohoo! A pomegrante margarita on the rocks!

I can't wait to get to know more of you and look forward to chatting on the boards. Keep an eye out for me - I plan to be around for a while this time.
Jane!!!!!!!!! Stop this crazy thing - the Jetsons
eilaeila
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 164

Post by eilaeila »

Hello world, eilaeila in Stockholm calling!

Have to admit I only now figured out what's going on at the messaging board, am a complete rookie in every sense though I've been posting LOs and cards for a year in the gallery. Small wonder, scrapbooking is only in its bud over here in the Swedish hemisphere and there are absolutely no stores worth mentioning.

I found ACOT on Google about 1,5 year ago when I tried to figure out what that scrapbooking thing was all about. Many hours later I was so inspired that I started making my first cards without having a clue about sticky pads, crafter's knife or glue dots. I have never been to a class, never seen a tutorial or taken part in any scrapbooking classes. Everything that I make, I have figured myself out by looking at the works posted here in the gallery or elsewhere on internet and then tried out hands on.

In other words - I need to learn all the techniques there are! the clever way they are supposed to be used ...

I am a paper freak, love, love, love anything that I can use for fussy cutting and flowers are omnipresent in everything that I make. My husband says that I'm humming when I am scrapping, it makes me incredibly relaxed and happy. Almost as happy as when I get my parcels from ACOT!

My LOs are always very thick as I use loads of flowers, so I keep them in special see-through plastic boxes. I use between 1 and 3 photos in them.

Dreams of all dreams to have a scrap room of my own! I have to make do with our dining room table and then stash everything back in IKEA boxes when I cannot stand to see the creative mess and our cats have too many stacky pads in their tails. I usually have anything between 1 and 4 LOs going on at different stages though I am a very slow scrapper and make them in batches when I get hit by inspiration. 8 hours nonstop without lunch is standard procedure.

Five o'clock is an hour from dinner time over here and also the end of general office hours, in other words no beverages as I'm leaving the office at that time.

I get absolutely overwhelmed and very, very happy to find that somebody over there has actually seen, noted and liked my projects - thank you so very much to all of you!

Today I also had a major heureka moment when I found the thread with the explanations to all the abbreviations - ahaaaa!

Now that I've caught up a little bit more with the ACOT community, I feel as one of you all ladies out there - THANKS A MILL!

Over and out from eilaeila, time for lunch!
jessinmich
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 22

Post by jessinmich »

How did you find ACOT?? Gee, I don't remember, I think it was in my search a long time ago for scrappy supplies, I wanna say 6 yrs ago or so.

What technique would you like to learn? Anything new, I don't have enough time to keep up on all the new stuff.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? usually 3-5

Are you into digital or paper layouts? paper, dabbled a little in digital

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? Easter, worked last weekend on making pattered pieces for the first time

Do you have your own scrap room? Well sort of, i use half of the reck room where I am so lucky to have a Scrapbox.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? online...here only.

What gives you the creeps? mice, snakes

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? frozen margarita

~Jessica~

I am a collector of scrapbook supplies in hopes someday i'll have time to use them....
baltoscrapper
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 358

Post by baltoscrapper »

How did you find ACOT?? someone named Hope gave me a link, through a friend.

What technique would you like to learn? How to alter pictures with photoshop

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? wildly varies, from 1-15!

Are you into digital or paper layouts? PAPER!

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? Beach

Do you have your own scrap room? Yes, and it's beautimous!

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? both. Going to a real life crop this w/e with the girls!

What gives you the creeps? snakes.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? mudslides!
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!
WinterDawn
Cherry Tart

Post by WinterDawn »

How did you find ACOT?? Scrapbooking Top 50 list

What technique would you like to learn? Blending

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? Several

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Digital

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? Easter

Do you have your own scrap room? Yes

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Online

What gives you the creeps? Too many things to count

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Both (light sleeper)

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Riesling
Clareo
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 1

Post by Clareo »

How did you find ACOT??
Jules, Janet & Pam gave me the nod!

How to achieve more than one LO a week!!!

As many as possible - rarely less than two

Paper

I've just finished five LO's on my trip to Vancouver but have about another 10 of those to go.

Mmmm... sore point. The boychild "boomeranged" back home six months ago and took up residence in my scraproom. Good news I think he is moving out this weekend. Love the boy to bits but ....

Yes IRL

Snakes (Nakes Jules! LOL) - luckily we don't have them here

Used to be a night-owl but thanks to age I am now an early-bird also .... sleep, what's that?

At the moment pinot noir

Return to “Cherry Blossoms”