Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

busymom923

Cherry Tart

Re: ***New Cherry Questionairre***
Hi! I'm new here. I've posted a little bit, but just now saw this place to introduce myself.

How did you find ACOT??

I found ACOT when I went to Archiver's in Katy, TX to scrap last Saturday, and there was a group of 5 ladies who had met here. They were so friendly and fun that I decided to check it out.

What technique would you like to learn?

I want to learn more embossing techniques.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout?

I usually place 3-5 photos on a layout, but I also tend to do two page layouts.

Are you into digital or paper layouts?

I do both.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?

I just finished a layout of my daughter when she lost both of her front, top teeth. I am about to do a Halloween layout.

Do you have your own scrap room?

I do have my own scrap room in the house, but I am temporarily in an apartment for a few months, so not right now.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life?

Absolutely. Went to one on Saturday at Archiver's and went to a friend's today to crop for 8 hours. I haven't done one online.

What gives you the creeps?

That's a hard one! Lots of things give me the creeps!

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird?

Definitely a night owl!

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage?
Coca-Cola. Adult beverage? Depends. A Miller Lite under some circumstances, a vodka/orange juice under some circumstances, strawberry wine under some circumstances, and maybe even a pomegranite martini under some circumstances. But, those circumstances don't happen very often.:)

CardsByRia

Cherry Tart

How did you find ACOT??
Jeanne Directed me to here .

Oh i am open to everything

None as I don't do layouts I am a cardmaker :)

None :)

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?
I am working on some simple haircolouring tutes for on my blog.

Yes but I am never in there, I always am downstairs as it is way to cold upstairs and so boring being there all alone while my poor puppy Seven is downstairs and I never know what mess I will find if I leave her alone to long. So now the dinningtable is my workspace. This was only going to be a solution till she (seven) was grown up but now almost 3 years later I am still downstairs ;)

I have been to a day from a store here to do some altering projects, but it just isn't my thing.

Spiders and skeletons and people throwing up.

I am an early bird I enjoy the silence of when hubby and Seven are still asleep and I can have some quit me time colouring some images etc. LOVE IT!!

Has to be Coca cola Zero as that is my fav, drink.
Hugs Ria
Image Image Image Image

simplykate

Cherry Tart

How did you find ACOT??
Just browsing for scrapbooking supply sites.

embossing

Usually 1 to 3

Definitely paper layouts. I enjoy the whole hands on process.

I just finished all my Christmas pages and now am working on one of my son and grandson. It may be a black and white.

Yes.

Not yet, but I would love to.

Loud noises at night and the dog pooping in the house:)

I have always been an early bird, but the more I scrap, the more I have become a night owl.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere beverage?

An ice cold Coke or a steaming cup of black coffee.
Kate Enjoy the little things in life!

nmelton

Sweet Cherry Pie

II am not totally new to ACOT...however, I am still learning the ropes, so I thought I would take the time to fill this out...plus I don't have 500 posts and I would love some points!!!

How did you find ACOT??
I found it while searching for scrapbooking sites.

What technique would you like to learn? I would love to learn how to use more paper on each page...I want my pages to be very busy...so I guess maybe layering.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? If it is single usually just 2. A double layout can have anywhere from 4-7.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Paper.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? I am working on Christmas, just finished a Halloween layout too.

Do you have your own scrap room? Yes.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Yes, real life.

What gives you the creeps? Spiders, snakes, and feet.

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? A little bit of both...I do much better when I get up and get moving though.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Well I don't know...however, I turn 21 the 29th of this month!!!

DebNYC

Cherry Blossom

DebNYC ***New Cherry Questionairre***

Hi Everyone, or should I say 'cherries' - I'm delighted to have found you!

How did you find ACOT??

Searching for "best scrap sites"...and there you are...and they were right!

Adding movement in creative elements

don't be a hater...but i'm a card maker :? that's on the fence with scrapbooking albums...i do use photos a lot in my cards and use between 1-4 photos on a card...i guess you could say i make lots of scrapping cards.

Paper

grandmother birthday, vday & work 'thank you' crafts

kind-of, but my bed in in there too :greenlol: I'm in an apt in NYC, so space is limited...I can craft anywhere!

Nope

dried up seahorses, and jello

Night-owl...whooooooo's gonna be up with me?

I'm a water-holic...totally addicted to fresh H2O with lots of ice...boring, but pure!
Love is Handmade from the Heart

mlr00c

Cherry Tart

How did you find ACOT??
That would be my mom, letumom. (And no I'm not the letu part of that. That would by my younger sister. I went to ACU- Abilene Christian University.)

I would like to learn how to put together digi LO (I have CS3 InDesign, Illustrator, & Photoshop. would these work?)

It depends on the theme and subject of the LO, any where from 3 to 8 sometimes more

right now I've only done paper LO, but seeing what my mom has done has gotten my interested in digi

Right now I'm getting ideas for my wedding , but the last layout I've done was one for Halloween

That would be the kitchen/dinning room table, but I keep all my supplies stored in our spare bedroom

I have been to several live crops. That was our mom's and mine mother/daughter time. I miss those :(

Snakes take the cake. Found a king snake in my bedroom once. I couldn't sleep in my room for a week!!

Definitely a night-owl. I have been a waitress since I was sixteen. Lots of late nights!!
For the most part, I'll have a margarita on the rocks with salt. Occasionally, I'll do a rum and coke, or if I'm feeling really fruity, a pink coyote (strawberry daiquiri mixed with a pinacolada) Yum!!
Miranda

cbergren

Cherry Blossom

How did you find ACOT??

My LSS is closing and I was searching around on the internet for somewhere to purchase some stuff I wanted. That's when I found ACOT.

I always love any new technique. Especially ones that have some kind of cool ink effect

Anywhere from 1 to 3. I usually like just one or two photos and then jounal my story if I need to.

Paper. I like to get my hands dirty.

I just finished an anniversary card for my hubby last night.

I do. We just moved a couple of months ago and this new house has space for me to have my own craft room.

I have been to many crops at my LSS. That won't be happening anymore since they are closing as of the end of this week. I would love to try an online crop thougyh. That sounds fun.

Rodents. Any little hairy creature just grosses me out. Anything from mice to gerbils.

I am completely addicted to Diet DP. I have a 5 week old and Diet DP is the only thing that keeps me awake some days.
Cindy

doviana

Sweet Cherry Pie

How did you find ACOT?? Not sure how I found it the first time but this time I found it going through my 'Favorites' on my computer and dropped in...

What technique would you like to learn? Not so much 'learn' as do more of - embossing... I know HOW I just never seem to use it

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? anywhere from 1 to 3 but I vary all over the place depending on the event

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Definately paper

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? I SHOULD be working on the theme of Christmas since I owe someone a Christmas album BUT since it's been nearly a year since I have really gotten any actual scrapping done right now I think I will just do whatever inspires me...

Do you have your own scrap room? Good gosh I wish!!!

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Yes - 2 in person and many many on line

What gives you the creeps? Wierd old creepy dudes at auction (I work for an estate and auctiopn house and the creepuy "come here little girl" feel has been a little strong lately

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? A little of both but I definately am more productive on the house in the morning and in creative pursuits at night

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? If I am drinking that early in the day it's most likely going to be Beam and Coke.... At night I am either doing Malibu and Pineapple or Jack and Cokes with some shots thrown in there for good measure

lilmacgil

Cherry Picker

How did you find ACOT??
from a link in one of my Yahoo groups post

Using alcohol inks, haven't tried that one yet

3 or 4

paper

I finished a few different ones recently, all that had been sitting and waiting to be done...one Christmas, one dogs, one of my son on a climbing wall. A little bit of everything.

kinda, it's a work in progress!

Both and I love them both!

bugs, especially big hairy ones...yuck!

night owl

hmmm, mandarin stoli with club soda and a lime on the rocks
Julia

Image Image Image

Visit my blog!

HoldenOn2Love

Cherry Blossom

Hello all! I am so new to this it is truly terrifying!! But, here goes... I am Kelly, I am a stay at home mom, I have 2 teenage children...*gasp* and an adoring wonderful husband of almost 18 yrs..(this June). I have been Scrapping for 5 or 6 yrs now...Love It!!

How did you find ACOT??
So, there I was, 2 o'clock in the morning, senselessly searching the internet...when all of a sudden....A Cherry On Top?? Say it isn't so!!!

I feel like I am a technique junkie...but i would love to learn photo editing.

I usually use between 5 & 7 photos per layout, but have been known to use up to 12 but don't really like using less then three. (*jeesh Kelly a simple 3-7 would have sufficed).

I have only dipped my toes into Digi...way too much to remember , plus how would I get all those wonderful paper cuts from Digi??

I just finished a fabulous page on my daughter who takes alot of photos on her laptop for her MySpace and Facebook pages, so to get all the good photos of her, I go swipe them from her Facebook!!

I do have my own scrap space, which I lovingly refer to as "A wide spot in the hallway"!!

I have been to several 'real life' Crops, but am waaay to chicken to try an online crop.

Online Crops!! HA

Well let's see, Does staying up as a night owl being creative all night, then morphing into a Early bird to get the kids off to school count?

Rum & Diet Pepsi!! Yummy...So? Is it 5 o'clock somewhere yet?
I just want the chance to PROVE that money won't make me happy!!

rebran22

Cherry Tart

How did you find ACOT?? friend. . . .thanks lynn!

What technique would you like to learn? all that I can

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? depends on the pics and LO.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? paper but have been playing with hybrid

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? bath time

Do you have your own scrap room? currently no :(. . . . .

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? yes

What gives you the creeps? bird feathers

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? a little of both

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? wine :-D
Rj

scrapbookmary

Cherry Bing

How did you find ACOT?? Shopping and swapping on a swap site.

What technique would you like to learn? smooch!!! and sticky canvas

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? 3 to 7

Are you into digital or paper layouts? paper, but I'm exploring the dark side......

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? father/daughter dance of my son/granddaughter

Do you have your own scrap room? Yep. My own little mobile home! 14' X 70', although I have to give one room to my husband for his office.
Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Yes to both. Love them both.
What gives you the creeps? creepy crawler critters with lots of furry legs. ugh!

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? mostly a night owl

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Red wine or Margarita
...... but age is such a triumph over youth,
again, because you moved across the years to here.
Leaving there where it belongs
for youth to come along and re-discover. by Rod McKuen

javalove

Cherry Bing

How did you find ACOT?? Handerful and Scrappie Stacie are friends from another online site (we all three have seven-year-olds born in the same month), and the told be about ACOT.

What technique would you like to learn? machine stitching - the hand sewing takes too long!

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? 1 to 4

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Paper

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? I've been trying to complete several of the February challenges on here.

Do you have your own scrap room? Yep. I have a "bonus room" on the second floor that I use for scrapbooking, and it also has a table in it for the kids to do crafts.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Yes, IRL but not online. However, I get much more accomplished working on my own and not gossiping...lol.

What gives you the creeps? Spiders

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Night owl definitely

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Mojitos lately, but I'm flexible as long as it doesn't have gin in it.
Lisa

Image Image

amylw

Cherry Blossom

How did you find ACOT?? through Jules and Pam, lets see if they see me here :winkb:

What technique would you like to learn? hmmm.... probably anything using my heat gun. It's pretty lonely.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? 1-3 for a single page.. 4-6 for a double

Are you into digital or paper layouts? PAPER!

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? vintage

Do you have your own scrap room? sort of

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? yes

What gives you the creeps? spiders eeeesh

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? night-owl

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? glass of Merlot

Queenie451

Cherry Berry

How did you find ACOT?? From Stickers Galore

What technique would you like to learn? digi scrapbooking

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? 2-4

Are you into digital or paper layouts? paper so far

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? working on vacation photos

Do you have your own scrap room? more or less ... share my husband's office space

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? both many times

What gives you the creeps? rodents

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? neither

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? cosmopolitan

ImageImageImage

SheriF

Cherry Tart

Hi! My name is Sheri (sherif). I have been scrapping for 5 years, totally addicted. I am married w/ two boys and a dog. I work outside of the home, although I am currently out on disability (which is why I had time to surf the net and find ACOT). I teach classes at my Local Scrapbook Store, and host crops ( 12 hour events and weekend getaways). I was a guest Bella Artista (Bella Blvd.) in September 2009, and have had a few of my Bella layouts published in a Japanese Scrapbook Magazine. I am a blog junkie! My blog is www.thedesperatescrapper.blogspot.com (I hope I can put that here?). I am looking forward to chatting with everyone here!!!

How did you find ACOT??
Just surfing the net.

What technique would you like to learn? I am always up for trying something new, but don't have one specifically.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? The most I put on a single page layout would be 3.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Paper!

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? I completed a valentines layout and a few cards.

Do you have your own scrap room? I sure do.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? I love going to crops, I host crops, all day and weekend crops.

What gives you the creeps? Bugs!

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Night owl, I dread the alarm clock going off.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Margarita (hello). I have the Jimmy Buffet Margarita Maker, love it!

Sheri

sarahbreienbach

Cherry Tart

How did you find ACOT?? I found Acot just searching online I had just started Scrapbooking and was looking around the internet to get Ideas and such.

What technique would you like to learn? I would like to learn to Distress a bit better and to layer. I guess the reason I have not been using those two very often is because of how much product gets used up. I'm not rich and try to use my costly products wisely.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? For me It depends on the photos. If I love the picture or it has some meaning to me It gets own page. If it's random snap shot of a fun outing's or my nephew just being cute I try to scrap three to a page.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Paper Layouts only.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?I won a trip to Las Vegas through Miller Lite So right now I am scraping my Vegas trip. I have to say It is posing a challenge Never scraped anything but People.

Do you have your own scrap room? Nope I have a Scrap Desk that I all most never sit at. Normally I fill a small bin with the supplys I want to use from my desk. Then I go to my Favortie Chair with a lap desk and start scraping.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Nope not even sure what that intails.

What gives you the creeps?Bugs

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird?Night Owl.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Coors Lite.

mrsfarra

Cherry Tart

I found ACOT through a google search. Boy am I happy that happened.

I would love to learn more about stamping and chalking in my layouts.

I usually do anywhere from 1 to 5 depending on the subject mostly an average of 3 though.

I do not like digi Sam I am. I like paper I guess old fashioned like to play with what I am working on.

Nope I have a Scrap Desk that I all most never sit at.I keep what I am workingon in a scrap holder and pull that either into the living room or on the kitchen table.

My middle daughter is having a rough time with middle school and so I am working on a special love you book for her.

I go to personal crops all the time this will be my first online crop.

Spiders and snakes give me the creeps.

I am a total nightowl. The ladies I crop with know that I will be up late if not all night and then take a nap about mid morning.

My favorite 5 oclock somewhere beverage is Cherry Limeaids from Sonic.

My name is Melissa from Colorado. I have been married 21 years, 3 kids 2 girls 19 and 14 and a 5 year old son. I have been scrapbooking now for about 8 years. My husband told me no more paper or stickers til I use what I have and I told him then the same for hunting and fishing so tight now we have a truce.

Alissa103

Cherry Berry

I'm just barely making it (I think I have 447 posts now), but I feel new since I'm not on here much!

How did you find ACOT??

I googled a paper line I couldn't find anywhere a few years ago and ACOT was the only place that had everything from that line I wanted in stock, plus tons of other stuff I wanted. I placed my first order ASAP! When I order online, this is still the place I come to first.

I'd like to get better at thinking to do techniques on my layouts in general. I know how to do a lot, but I tend to do the same stuff on my projects.How many photos do you usually place on a layout?
On a single page, probably 3. On a double page, more like 7.

paper

the last page I made was a family page using the Basic Grey Origins line :)

Yes! It's currently a disaster. It's on my to-do list to clean up before the start of the online crop tomorrow!

Yes, both! I've participated in the online crops here before, but never the whole weekend due to other commitments. Hoping to stay around all weekend this time! Also, my LSS has crops that I go to occasionally with scrappy friends.

Scary movies, ghost stories, crime on TV... I'm basically a big scaredy cat!

Night-owl, definitely.

Oooh, tough call. I enjoy a glass of wine occasionally.

Thanks! This was fun :-D

ElizM88

Cherry Tart

How did you find ACOT?? friends @ work

What technique would you like to learn? I am game to learn anything new!

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? usually 2

Are you into digital or paper layouts? paper layouts

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? Valentine's LO

Do you have your own scrap room? Office/scraproom

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? yes, online

What gives you the creeps? Snakes

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Depends if weekend or during week! ;)

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Sierra Mist
ElizM88

Scrappin' in Alabama

Return to “Cherry Blossoms”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee