***New Cherry Questionairre***

A place for new members to introduce themselves and ask questions about the Message Board, the Gallery and getting around ACOT.

Moderator: ACOT Employee

geswho40
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 8

Re: ***New Cherry Questionairre***

Post by geswho40 »

suslvgeo wrote:This is a questionairre for any new Cherries that want to participate!

We here at ACOT would love to get to know more about you and this seems like a fun way to do it. Of course we also encourage you starting a thread and introducing yourself, this is just a fun little tool to help you get started!

I will be popping onto the thread and randomly handing out points to those that participate. What are points you ask, click here to find out more.

edited to add:any new cherry can fill this out, but random points will only be given to those that have less than 500 post counts.

And WELCOME to ACOT!!!! We are glad you are here!!!!

How did you find ACOT?? Through "Gotta Pixel"

What technique would you like to learn? I would love to learn how to digitally Blend with different BG's and pictures

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? 1-3

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Both, but I'm just learning digital, so I've been doing more with that or the Hybrid projects

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? My son's wedding photos

Do you have your own scrap room? Yes

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Yes

What gives you the creeps? Watching people smoke around children, especially in the car

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Neither, but if I had to pick I would say a night owl, because I HATE getting up early

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? I love the Budweiser Chalada's, but they are hard to find

ImageImageImageImage
mrsarksmom
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 3

Post by mrsarksmom »

I found ACOT just crusin thru the web...
Any technique!! More stamping to blend with my cut work

1-3...I'm working on using more. Have gotten all the way to 4!

I like playing with paper. I'm on the computer all day at work, so to do more at home...naw

Pink challange

No...

No :waiting:

Injured animals. I want to help them all

Both LOL I love sleep, but it doesn't always like me.

I fine margareta (sp)

Blessed Scrappin

Kathy

Azle, TX
Scrapping Blessings
Kathy
Azle, TX
b53nan
Cherry Tart

Post by b53nan »

Searching for layouts. I need inspiration and love color... chalking, inking, distress, you walk on it and I will scrap it.
I use 2 or more mostly on a page. Its hard to stop but I am learning. PAPER PAPER and then more PAPER!!! Not into digital. I have more pictures than you can shake a stick at and am starting on my grandson's baseball picture's tomorrow. Yes I have my own scraproom which was taken over by my daughter just the other day. So only go in there to get supplies and go to the kitchen table now. :( I'm sad to lose my scraproom but love my daughter more. I use to go to a monthly crop but have too many things going on now. Creepy things gives me the creeps! Niteowl it is 10:22 pm now... but I will be up by 7:00 am. so I guess I'm an earlybird too. I need more zzzzzzzz's!!! I like the dc on rocks! But every now and then I sneak in a sonic chocolate peanut butter shake. Don't tell my hubby.

b53nan
pinkie915
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 1

Post by pinkie915 »

How did you find ACOT?? I loved the store when you had it open to the public a few years ago... I found you on line and have been checking you out ever since.

What technique would you like to learn? I am always looking for new tricks/techniques...

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? It really depends on the theme but I try to get as many as I can w/o cluttering the page.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? I am for sure a traditional kinda girl. I have been working on a digi book for awhile and find it very annoying...

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? I am working on my sons wedding book.

Do you have your own scrap room? Oh yes I do.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? I go to several crops a year.

What gives you the creeps? skunks

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? I am for sure a night owl

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? I love minosa. So refreshing!
www.marisheart.blogspot.com

~ Live ~ Love ~ Laugh ~
happyscrapper101
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 56

Post by happyscrapper101 »

Hi everyone, my name is Roulien and I'm 37 years old. I am a South African living in Saudi Arabia. I'm brand new to the ACOT site and is still trying to find my feet. I've been scrapping for about 7 months . . . and I just love it!

How did you find ACOT??

Found a link while shopping on another site.

What technique would you like to learn?

Anything & everthing. Altering objects and layering is high on the list.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout?

I've used 1 and the most I used on a double page lo was 12

Are you into digital or paper layouts?

Love to use my hand to put all the pieces together. For now I'm paper scrapping but maybe will try digital later.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?

Just finished one of my sister & her family.

Do you have your own scrap room?

I oh so wish!! We live in compound housing which is very basis. The dining room has become my scrap room.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life?

I'm not even sure what a crop is, so I don't think I've been to one.

What gives you the creeps?

Saudi ants . . . they bite.

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird?

I can do both with great success.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage?

Semi-sweet white wine. For now, I sticking to grape juice. No alcohol is Saudi.

[/quote]
Blessings to all!!

ScrappyMamma
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 7

Post by ScrappyMamma »

How did you find ACOT?? Google and it brought me here :)

What technique would you like to learn? Any that interest me along the way of my scrapping journey!!

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? 1 -2 .. Usually no more than that.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Both

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? Nothing at the moment.. I do have some Fall themed ideas though.

Do you have your own scrap room? Currently it is in my bedroom but once we move I am hoping to get my own space.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Yes

What gives you the creeps? Spiders, bugs of all kinds really, snakes and slimy things

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Night owl :)

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Hmmm... I would say Pepsi or water?
Amanda <AKA>~Mandi~
Proud Mommy to 5 beautiful kids!!

http://amandasscrappyadventures.com

CT for
http://jeanellepaigedesigns.blogspot.com/

I came, I saw, I scrapped!! Simple as that!

Laughter is timeless - imagination has no age - and dreams are forever
LuvUMore
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 119

Post by LuvUMore »

I don't think I count as 'new' since I kind of float off and on the boards from time to time, but I also thought it would be fun to formally (is anyone formal here? ;) ) do some type of intro

How did you find ACOT??

Not sure, I think I found an ad in one of my scrappy mags

lol all of them! Maybe digi at sometime, still trying to figure out my 'style' and what seems to work best for me

hummmm, usually multi photos lo's for an event but I've been doing school pics lately so I have quite a few single photo lo's of late

traditional

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?
I have 4 kids so I'm doing lo's with their school pics through the years. I do 2 lo's per picture in most cases, one which will go in my big album and then a separate lo to make an album for each kid which will span prek- graduation (eventually, they are all still in school at the moment)
also working on my honeymoon album and am almost caught up on 2009 to date

no I have a scrappy space in our loft area which is away from most activity but I can still catch what's going on with the tv and gang

done a couple online crops here at acot.

leeches and ticks

depends but more an early bird since I get up at 6:30 to drive my 4 kidlets to 4 different schools any given school day

don't drink much but if I do have an adult beverage, it probably has RUM in it!!!
:-D
August Goal 1/10 layouts 9/20 cards
Mini Album for Mom

ImageImageImageImage Image
meteechtap
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 318

Post by meteechtap »

How did you find ACOT?? FaceBook

What technique would you like to learn? Digital scraping

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? depends on the subject, or how many photos on i have left of the subject

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Paper Layouts

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? Thomas the Train

Do you have your own scrap room? No unfortunatly...just the dinning room table

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Yes in real life

What gives you the creeps? Swimming in deep ocean water...live in a land locked state my whole life.:bludconfused:

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Night Owl:-D

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Don't laugh DIET COKE....not a drinker really:bluelol:

This was fun ladies.....can't wait to read other ladies answers.

~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

CherryTat
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 492

Post by CherryTat »

How did you find ACOT?? internet search

What technique would you like to learn? too many to mention!!

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? 1 or 2

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Paper only

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? my wedding

Do you have your own scrap room? yes!! finally

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? no I haven't

What gives you the creeps? bugs

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? I am both actually!!

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? not much of a drinker anymore- when I do I am a beer gal :-D
Image      Image    Image 

My blog...My tattooed paper heart
ImCanadian
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 1

Post by ImCanadian »

Welcome fellow Canadian!! How are things on the rock!! I love the Maritimes. I spent 10 years in Nova Scotia. I miss it everyday. My daughter and her family still live out there so I get to go back a few times a year to visit her. This is a awesome site. Enjoy!! And ask any questions you have. I won't have the answer but someone else always does. LOL :winkb:
CherryTat
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 492

Post by CherryTat »

ImCanadian wrote:Welcome fellow Canadian!! How are things on the rock!! I love the Maritimes. I spent 10 years in Nova Scotia. I miss it everyday. My daughter and her family still live out there so I get to go back a few times a year to visit her. This is a awesome site. Enjoy!! And ask any questions you have. I won't have the answer but someone else always does. LOL :winkb:

Thanks!!!! This is an awesome site. I just recently found it and I am awaiting my first order- it won't get here soon enough!!

Nova Scotia and Newfoundland are quite similar. Both are fabulous places!!! My hubby is from out west- Vancouver, BC. I have been there, but never Alberta. My son spent 14 months working in a camp in Alberta- like lots of Newfies..lol..

I have one question already! If I wanted to post a layout, would all the products have to come from ACOT? I wouldn't want to do something inappropriate!!
Image      Image    Image 

My blog...My tattooed paper heart
scrapcathy
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 69

Post by scrapcathy »

How did you find ACOT?? I have been a registered user of ACOT for several years now. I buy from the store and post LO’s in the Gallery. One day SOMEONE called me a Drive-by poster and I didn’t know what that ment. Once I found out, I thought OMG, that’s terrible, so here I am!!

There is really nothing that I have an interest in learning right now.

One or Two

Paper only

My niece’s are my subjects. I just finished working on a LO of Emma winning Little Miss.

Yes and I wish I had a million dollars to make it into more then just a bedroom turned scraproom.

Oh yes!!

ANTS

100% Early bird

CORONA!!
JAire
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 950

Post by JAire »

How did you find ACOT?? Surfing. Clicked in here from someone's blog. I'm so glad I did!

What technique would you like to learn? I love new techniques - if I knew the name I would probably have already looked for it somewhere to learn it. My answer would have to be Surprise me!

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? I would have to say an average of 2.5. Not half pics of course but somewhere between 2 and 3 photos. I rarely do 1 or 4.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Been playing with this for a few months now and love it. I do both depending on the project I suppose. I have digital LOs of a couple of themes going, but my recent vacation and all subjects in general are still paper.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? I'm close to finishing summer vacation album. Also my 2 digital themes under way are my beach shots and my DGD.

Do you have your own scrap room? I am buying a house and should be closing the end of November. And, yes, I will devote bedroom number 4 to my scrap/stamp room!

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Online

What gives you the creeps? rats and even the rubber stamp line that tries to make them cute! And people with lots of metal implanted all over their face - it hurts me to look, makes me queasy. Sorry.

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? night-owl. In my younger day I believed that one day I would grow out of that and become used to getting up in the morning. I'm 62 and it hasn't happened yet.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? I enjoy lattes. Never cared for alcohol because it messes with my mind and not being in control doesn't work for me. So I don't drink it. I enjoy Vernor's ginger ale once in a while, other wise I don't drink carbonated because it makes my tummy blow up. So, my drink of choice after 5 pm is water with lemon.
Joyce Ann
ImageImageImageImageImage

kristievcat
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 2

Post by kristievcat »

About me: Recently moved to 3Hrs-From-Civilization, Oregon from Big City, Alaska and MISS it so much. No stores (let alone scrapbook stores) within 100 miles. Because there is little to do, I've found my scrapbooking habit more necessary than ever. New, first-time mom (at age 36) to 8-month old son.

How did you find ACOT??
Searching internet for digital scrapbook items

What technique would you like to learn? Really want to learn more about "digital" designs. I am new to digi, and quickly caught on to "paper" designed LO's, but the "digital" designs are so foreign to me. I don't even know where to begin!

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? I'm a multiple photo gal. Too much effort to do just one per page, though I do enjoy the way it looks. I like to do one two-page spread per event so I cram as much on as I can.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? I do both, but am trying to concentrate on digital at the moment. It's just easier because since the move, I no longer have a craft room. With digi, there's nothing to take out or put away besides my laptop.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? Just finished a LO that was initially going to be only journaling (a poem my DH found and wanted framed), but I wound up adding a photo. I'm going to post it to the gallery when I'm finished here.

Do you have your own scrap room? Ah, I already answered that! Used to and was spoiled by it. Two desks, walls of paper holders, 12" deep filing cabinets, you name it! Now I have a rolling Cropper Hopper and a plastic drawer tower in the spare bedroom. :greensad:

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? I've been to lots of crops (my best friend owned a local scrapbooking store) in person, but never online. A little curious how the online thing works, seems counterproductive - how do you type chat and work on your projects at the same time?

What gives you the creeps? Scary movies - I used to LOVE them, my dad and I watched them even when I was a toddler. Now I can't even watch the corny ones!

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Unfortunately a night-owl. My little guy still keeps me up all hours and it's just easier to stay up than get up and down. My DH takes him out for surf-check every morning to give me a few hours of uninterupted sleep. But I would prefer to sleep at night and wake up early - I'm more productive that way.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? I don't have a 5 o'clock drink anymore, but when I did, it was GOOD beer. My friends called me a beer snob because I had very discriminating taste. I like my beer like I like my man - Tall, Dark, Warm, and Strong. :greenwinka: Now coffee has taken the place of beer, but I still like it the same way!
dshepard
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 520

Post by dshepard »

How did you find ACOT?? I think I found it off Google when searching for digital stuff when I finally decided to give digital a try about 2 months ago.

What technique would you like to learn? How to find time in my life to scrap...I've got tons of projects started and hardly any finished. :?

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? Usually a lot...I take a lot of pictures and have a hard time not using them.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? I've been a paper scrapper for 11 1/2 years, but just started testing the waters of digital. :) I still can't seem to find time to do either type.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? I've got a lot started, but probably an album about our trip to the zoo.

Do you have your own scrap room? Not my own room, but I have a huge desk that takes up a corner in the living room. I designed it and my husband built it :-D

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Never have been to an online crop...but have been to a few crops in real life. It's been a long time because we don't have a store in our town anymore and it's hard to find room or time at friends' houses.

What gives you the creeps? Just about everything...but especially bugs of any kind.

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? I'm SO a night-owl. But most times I don't get to stay up as much as I'd like.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Vodka & Diet soda

About Me: This is actually my first post on here. I was on another board years ago but when they had some upgrades, it wouldn't let me post anymore...so I gave up. I just started lurking here about a week ago. I've been married for almost 12 1/2 years, I have a beautiful 3 yr old that I'm lucky enough to stay home with, I work part-time outside the house editing commercials, we're hoping to sell our house and get a bigger house in the next 6 months and I'm literally buried in scrapbook supplies and projects that never seem to go anywhere. I am hoping to find a way to scrap for hire soon so I can make ends meet a little better (and afford the bigger house), but I haven't quite figured out how to get started.

This was fun. Sorry about all the red text...can't figure out how to change it! :) Maybe I'll get the hang of this and actually participate more... Danna
Danna :)

Proudly creating for Image Image
sakura-panda
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 48

Post by sakura-panda »

I'll play. :)

How did you find ACOT?? I was looking for a manufacturer for the paper in one of my layouts and all I could remember was that it had "cherry" in the name. ACOT came up in my search (as well as Cherry Arte, the name I was trying to remember.)

What technique would you like to learn? Don't have anything in particular right now.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? 3

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Both

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? Nothing in particular -- I work chronologically, so whatever is up next! My last layout was Halloween costumes.

Do you have your own scrap room? I have a corner and a closet.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Yes, several and both.

What gives you the creeps? Lots of stuff, but I can't think of anything specific right now.

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Early bird

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Cherry Coke.

~ Katie ~

SamW
Cherry Tart

Post by SamW »

Hi everyone, I'm Samantha, Sam to all my friends. I live in Durban, South Africa

How did you find ACOT??
My friends over at Scrappin Mojo often mention ACOT

What technique would you like to learn? always opn to new ideas

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? it depends on what i'm scrapping

Are you into digital or paper layouts?paper

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? Christmas photos of my nephew

Do you have your own scrap room?Yes

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Yes to both

What gives you the creeps? creepy crawlies, frogs, snakes.....

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? scrapping wise...a night owl

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? tea..... boring I know!!!

Look forward to learning new ideas!!!:-D
wetnoses
Cherry Tart

Post by wetnoses »

How did you find ACOT?? a friend told me about you. I try to play the contest everday to earn points even though I can only win once a month.

What technique would you like to learn? anything

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? whatever looks good on the page usually 2-4 pictures

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Yes, do not know how to though

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? family pictures-working on an album for my kids for a wedding present

Do you have your own scrap room? yes, shhhh please keep it a secret from the kids and dogs--it is my hiding place

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? yes, lots of them-- love them

What gives you the creeps? snakes, spiders, and bad food

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? night owl

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage----strawberry daquires or if a really bad day a nice cold BEER
glynda82
Cherry Tart

Post by glynda82 »

How did you find ACOT??
a) I found this site on facebook

a) I have found that i am behind on techniques and am looking to try a bunch of them.

a) depends on what else I am putting on the page. most the time about 2-3

a) I like both. Digital layouts I like that you never have to buy the product over and over again to use on different projects. Paper layouts I like being able do all kinds of paper cutting and adding things to the page that I hand made.

a) I have started a new album to get ready for the new baby that we are having. I also finished a mini album for a breast cancer auction.

a) my whole house is my scraproom. I also am able to do some scrapping at work.

a) yes i went to one a few years ago. It was a lot of fun. I am hoping to start trying to do some online ones to help me get cuaght up on my daughters album and get going on my sons after i am done Recuping from giving birth to him.

a) wow not expecting that question hmmmmm. I would have to say going to sleep with no noise. I normally have to have the tv on to fall asleep. I guess i am one of those people that their brain just wonders around with all kinds of thoughts at night. Sometimes i feel my brain is more active at night than during the day.

a) most the time I am a night owl.

a) right now i am not drinking but I am mostly into fruit wines. There is this apple wine that is made by Sweet Pea that i like. One year for New Years i got a Huckle Berry wine that was really good.
reckshow
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 5

Post by reckshow »

I just love a good questionairre... and telling ppl abt myself. :-D

How did you find ACOT??

i *think* it was from one of those Top 50 sites.

eventually, i'd like to be able to create my own elements

less than 3

digital. i like that i can endlessly play with elements. with paper i'm afraid of wasting my money by glueing or cutting too soon, or placing a rubon badly. i've done some hybrid stuff, though.

just did a lo of a picture of a friend with her miracle baby and a quote she used on facebook abt him

i wish i had my own ROOM - I share with my sister (yes, i'm 35, but i'm post-divorce in a bad economy :) )

just attended my first online one this weekend! it's what drew me in to join the ACOT community.

saliva.

i prefer to be a night-owl. i like the quiet.

just one? i like a good margarita.
regina heater :: reckshow :: just a shepherd spreading religiosity to the fuzzy wuzzies ::
my blog

ImageImageImage

::tracking the creativity::
0/5 layouts
+
1/7 challenges

Return to “Cherry Blossoms”