Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

lgrcrrmom

Cherry Tart

Brand Spankin' New to Digital Scrapping
 Hello Everyone!

I want to start digital scrapbooking but I'm not sure where to begin.
I need any and all the suggestions and help I can get on how to start. This site is wonderful, but I'm not exactly
sure what to do with it all.
Do I need specific software for my pc? 
I have done traditional scrapbooking for years and now I am ready to venture on and try something new!!

Thanks!!

Jessica
jess

SarahA

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Brand Spankin' New to Digital Scrapping
 There are several programs you can use- a lot of people use PhotoShop- usually PhotoShop Elements. You can get a free 30-day trial download from the Adobe site. There is also a free program called GIMP you can download from the web.
If you click on the Digital tab up on top here, you can find tons of kits and all sorts of information- there's even a link for Digital Tutorials, which can get you started!
Welcome to the board! :-D

immom2anc

Sweet Cherry Pie

Welcome to the dark side!!! Muhahaha!! LOL...

You don't have to have anything special for software.. You can use Elements, Or Photoshop CS, or strange as it sounds, you can even use MS Word if you like to scrap 8 1/2 X 11. That's where I started and then graduated from there.

Once you figured out the software, you'll need some goodies. The easiest way to get going is to look for some freebie kits to download. That way you have all the pieces you need to make a page in one folder and you won't spend a lot of money on the first few pages. And FYI, I highly recommend not going crazy with freebie downloads until you've gotten a few layouts under your belt. You won't know exactly what you like to use until you've done a few, and it stinks to have all sorts of stuff to sort through on your computer!!

Last step is putting it all together. Templates are a great way to help this process along, because all you do is drag and drop. (Sort of like a sketch in paper scrapping). Add your photos, embellishments and title and you're done! :) Yay!
**Kristen**
My photography: http://www.kristencarterphotography.com
Image Image ImageImage Image

peanutdlb

Cherry Tart

I'm new to it to, and have gotten great advice here.

Return to “Cherry Blossoms”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee