Learn to digi scrap

A place for manufacturers and designers to announce new product releases, contests, chats and more.

Moderator: ACOT Employee

MamaK321
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1010

Re: Learn to digi scrap

Post by MamaK321 »

that is fantastic news Marci! So glad you are able to host it here on site. Hopefully the mention in the newsletter will get some more observers to check it out ;) ;)
Image Image
debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

m1218p wrote:Ladies, I have the BEST news. I am in love with Brandon, er, something about that doesn't sound right. Let me rephrase. I sent Brandon a message over the weekend and he responded this morning. I would not have been even a little shocked if he'd said "Are you crazy? I can't do that by September 1st!!!!!!!" But, he didn't. He said "sure"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are going to have an area on the boards called "Learn to digi scrap" with an area for me to post the tutorials and an area for Questions and Answers and an area for you to post your layouts!!!!!!! I think this is THE BEST possible solution!!!!!

I've already begun planning tutorial #2 in my head. I am so excited!
Brandon Rocks! and YOU TOO ;)
Debbie

letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 846

Post by letumom »

Yay, Brandon!
Laurie

mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2212

Post by mgehrke »

I agree - Yay Brandon!!!! This will make it so much easier for me. I can't access blogs or things like that while at work, but I can access ACOT :inlove: I will be able to read things and then apply them when I get home.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage
Judy in NM
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 63

Post by Judy in NM »

m1218p wrote:Judy, since we are going to have a forum here, I am able to make a few improvements/changes in how I thought this would work. I will most likely upload the tutorial document to a download site like 4shared. That way you can download it and print it out easily to use as a handbook. You will want it to refer back to while you're working on your first few layouts. The links for the tutorials will be posted in the forum. There will also be a place in the forum for you to post your questions. I will be checking the forum multiple times a day so that I can answer your questions ASAP. Answers will be posted in the forum because there's at least a 90% chance that your question is just a question someone else hasn't gotten around to asking. By posting both the questions and the answers in the forum, everyone can benefit from the answer to your question. And, when you've completed your layout, we'll have a place to post them.

Are you in? I'll be thrilled to to have you join us!
Thanks for much for the answer.....count me in!
~~ Judy ~~

AmyTeets
Digital Designers
Gallery: 368

Post by AmyTeets »

Fantastic Idea! :-D

ETA- For those that want to learn, but don't have the program yet sign up for the class anyway :D You can download the tutorials as they're given and just put them in a binder!
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!
m1218p
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 1079

Post by m1218p »

There's grand news this morning. Brandon has set up our forum for us and it's all ready to go!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brandon is my hero!

Judy has joined us. That's 9 by my count. If there's one more person out there who wants in, we've got room for you and we're just waiting to find out who you are! Sign up now........

Here's the class list as it stands right now: (Please correct me if I've omitted anyone who committed to this)

Debbie, jnet, cynderellaj, writer lady, Lynda Kay, Mildred, CLandse, ncokely, and Judy.

First tutorial will be up on 9/1. You will need your copy of PSE to get started. Would be helpful to have a digital paper or element at your disposal.

Second tutorial will be up on 9/8. You will need tutorial#1, a digi kit, and a digi or scanned photo.
Proudly creating for Bella Gypsy Designs

m1218p
Cherry Picker

Post by m1218p »

We have our 10th participant, Pam from right here in Las Vegas! She and her husband and daughter are friends of my DD's. So happy to have her aboard.

mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by mgehrke »

OMG....I already have a question. What are you refering to when you say...."Would be helpful to have a digital paper or element at your disposal."

I know abosolutly 0 when it comes to digital scrapbooking. Sorry :?
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

m1218p
Cherry Picker

Post by m1218p »

Mildred, you will need to buy a kit or go on a freebie hunt. You are actually going to build several layouts during the course of this class. This is a learn by doing thing. I've offered to sell you one of my kits for half price. I've also asked in the designer's forum for someone else that might be willing to do that but there are no takers at this point that I am aware of. Pick a photo or two you'd like to scrap. Then go take a look at the HotFlashDesigns store and let me know which kit you'd like to work with by PM. We'll get it taken care of from there. Shouldn't cost you more than $3.

m1218p
Cherry Picker

Post by m1218p »

I am a little slow on the uptake sometime. Comes from limiting caffeine. There is a blog train that kicks off 9/1. If you don't know what that is, it is about 100 designers all working with the same color scheme and usually the same theme to create a HUGE kit which you can download for free by working your way through 100 blogs. I'll be participating and so will about 99 other people. Some of what you'll get, you'll love. Some you wouldn't use if your dog threatened to chew your leg off. But, it IS free. Here is a link to the Blog Train Blog for anyone who wants it:

http://blogtrainblog.blogspot.com/

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2337

Post by Art_Teacher »

Ladies who have never downloaded a digi kit or freebie will want to set up a folder for your digi downloads. You click on the download button and choose to save it there, then you go to the file you have saved and right-click to extract it from the zipped file. I am around if anyone has basic questions and I can help. I don't use PSE, so I won't be very helpful with that. :?
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
letumom
Cherry Jubilee

Post by letumom »

If you go to the ACOT digi store there is a link for free downloads as well.
Laurie

cynderellaj
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 576

Post by cynderellaj »

I am so excited to get started on this :-) Thank you...and BRandon.....for getting this off the ground :-)
Image Image Image
Cyndi
I NEED SA - Scrappers Anonymous!!!
Paminvegas
Cherry Tart

Post by Paminvegas »

I am ready and waiting for the digi scrap class!!! Woo-hoo! I just hope this gets me moving again on my scrapping! Bring it on! :)
letumom
Cherry Jubilee

Post by letumom »

Paminvegas wrote:I am ready and waiting for the digi scrap class!!! Woo-hoo! I just hope this gets me moving again on my scrapping! Bring it on! :)

Welcome to ACOT, Pam!
Laurie

LyndaKay
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 40

Post by LyndaKay »

Paminvegas wrote:I am ready and waiting for the digi scrap class!!! Woo-hoo! I just hope this gets me moving again on my scrapping! Bring it on! :)

Hi Pam. I'm in the class, too and can't wait to start! Welcome to ACOT.

Lynda
scraphappee
Cherry Tart

Post by scraphappee »

I am so looking forward to this class!!! I have photoelements 10 and dont know how to use it to digi scrap....
Kim
EyesForBeauty
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 499

Post by EyesForBeauty »

scraphappee wrote:I am so looking forward to this class!!! I have photoelements 10 and dont know how to use it to digi scrap....
Kim
Hi Kim!
Welcome to ACOT! I am on Marci's CT (been digi scrapping nearly four years) and I am also signed up for the class. I will lend a hand, when I can, and take a turn answering questions ocassionally. Maybe I'll even share a few tips from my own experience, if it relates to the lesson. And yes, I am hoping to learn a few shortcuts or simple steps for doing things I already know how to do in a slow round about complicated manner.
Karen
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by mgehrke »

Welcome Pam and Kim to ACOT. You are going to love it here. I too am in the class and know absolutely nothing about digi scrappy. I can't wait for the class to start.

Return to “Manufacturers and Designers New{s}”