Take an EXTRA 10% off everything with code EXTRA10

Rachel Kent

ACOT Employee

World Card Making Day Brainstorm!
World Card Making Day is coming up before we know it! (Saturday, October 5th) We don't have a big event like NSD, but I would like to do a little something fun. Would anyone be interested in some card challenges? The prizes would probably be acot gift cards. How long should these challenges go for? A week maybe?

Any other ideas? Let's brainstorm!

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

Re: World Card Making Day Brainstorm!
Yes!!! That would be great !
Maybe a little video link of you guys doing some card making for inspiration for some of the cherries who don’t make cards ?
I would be willing to host a challenge for a mini card that day that could run for a week before it is due and can provide a gc.
3 users liked this post:
Susan

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I love this idea! I recently got a stamp set of sentiments and would love to play around with them! And we always need birthday cards in this house  :biggrin:
2 users liked this post:
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Flasher

Cherry Crush

I think that's a great idea, Rachel!
2 users liked this post:
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

DrSonja

Cherry Berry

I'm a card maker, so this is right up my alley. I love fun fold or 3-D type cards, so it would be great to sponsor a challenge to make a fun fold card. I could provide links to simple tutorials for a few different types of folds (gate fold, step fold, bridge folds, etc.) I think a week is adequate time to complete. Whether the challenge is presented before or on WCD doesn't matter to me, I'll go with the preference of staff or Cherries.
1 user liked this post:
Image  Image 

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

Oooh this is a great idea!! A week is a perfect amount of time. You could have them combine scrapbooking elements to their card projects. 49 and market is perfect for cardmaking. That way they don't feel pressured if they don't have stamps, Inks and so on. Scrapbooking and card making coming together ❤️
4 users liked this post:
Always grateful for this journey, Flora

Instagram @mycreativerootscrafts

ImageImageImageImage

lesmitch

Cherry Bing

Yes! I would love this.
 ImageImageImageImageImage

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

I'm in for sure!  I was hoping we would be doing something here at ACOT.  Let me know if you want any help.

How about gift cards?  They're an easy make and with the holidays coming I'm sure they would get used. 

2 users liked this post:
    ImageImage

Nana01

Sweet Cherry Pie

Sounds fun. I make cards for the care ministry at my church. I hope you and Jessica do a video together. I love your demos.
Just call me Nan - it's short and sweet  

ImageImage

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Sounds great. I’d participate for sure.

Birgit55~Chickadee

Cherry Berry

Count me in!  I'm mainly a card maker too and would love to see more inspiration in that department.  I'm happy to do my part too!  I make collage style cards, CAS, and lots of layers.  Let me know if I can be of any help.
2 users liked this post:

traveler

Cherry Cola

I would love more card challenges. A week would be good, I don’t generally scrap on Saturday. 
1 user liked this post:
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

lisn2cats

Sweet Cherry Pie

Love this! I'm not much of a card-maker but I do know it's a great way to use up the leftovers from my LOs. I would love ideas of how to make stunning simple cards as well as those "fancy" cards (shaped, moving elements, etc.). One of the things I like to do is reimagine a LO sketch for cards...I just don't do it well. Can't wait!!!!!!!! ACOT is so great at engaging its members!
Image  ImageImageImage

Flasher

Cherry Crush

How about a specific challenge for a "Fun Fold" card?
2 users liked this post:
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

wazzu94

Sweet Cherry Pie

Yes Yes YES!!  That would be so fun!  Loooooove making cards!!
Suzann
 ImageImage Image           

beachlover

Cherry Addict

Lisn2cats wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:46 am
Love this! I'm not much of a card-maker but I do know it's a great way to use up the leftovers from my LOs. I would love ideas of how to make stunning simple cards as well as those "fancy" cards (shaped, moving elements, etc.). One of the things I like to do is reimagine a LO sketch for cards...I just don't do it well. Can't wait!!!!!!!! ACOT is so great at engaging its members!
Same here!  Have made a few basic cards or had help with more detailed.  Cannot call myself a card maker, LOL, but need to use the growing pile of scraps and learn to make cards bette and more often!  Also, a week (following Sunday @ midnight) would be perfect for those who have family obligations and jobs!! 

Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

wazzu94

Sweet Cherry Pie

As for brainstorming...I came across a gal who does 6x6 paper pad challenges using 6 sheets to create a bunch of cards and use the all the sheets with no waste.  I'm not sure if that will work, but something similar would be fun.  Like a one sheet wonder.  

I'd be happy to host a challenge or a few as I love making cards.  Maybe we could also do a card donation to a nursing home or something.  Or an old fashion stamped image swap.  

I'm up for helping if you need volunteers!  And I will be participating too!
Suzann
 ImageImage Image           

VALERIE 03/22

Cherry Bomb

SOUNDS FUN TO ME.................. MAYBE WE COULD DONATE TO THE MILITARY????????????????? VALERIE

Kelly R.

Cherry Picker

Yes, I would love this.  
:) Kelly 

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

This would be fun!  Head start on getting some Christmas cards done?  I do like when the deadlines are at least a week, going through a weekend.  Otherwise, I can't do much during the work week. :)
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

Return to “Announcements”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee