Where's Charlie?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

heidi
Site Admin
Gallery: 502

Where's Charlie?

Post by heidi »

To start us off with a bang, Charlie has also hidden four $50 Gift Certificates this weekend. 

*HINT* - We think we spotted him near our General Crafts section.

Remember - don't click TOO FAST!  Be sure you LIKE us on Facebook for future Where's Charlie announcements and for HINTS!

Thanks for playing along!
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Re: Where's Charlie?

Post by blbabe1234 »

Wow, thank you Charlie! ImageImage
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
redsonic20
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 116

Post by redsonic20 »

I love this...totally awesome.  But I do have a few questions.

Is it like the cherries where when you reach 150, you don't get anymore?  Meaning, once you find one, can you not find more (one per person type of thing...or maybe one per person per day)?

When you say don't click too fast, does that mean it's a pop up and not like the cherries?
Denise

Visit My Blog:  Mamarazzi Scraps
ncokely
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 601

Post by ncokely »

I got one!!!  Took me almost a solid hour!!
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

redsonic20
Cherry Cropper

Post by redsonic20 »

ncokely wrote:I got one!!!  Took me almost a solid hour!!
Congrats!  Can you share what it looks like...if it's just like cherries or a pop up? :)
Denise

debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

I'm going to play! Oh, Charlieeee, where are you boy?
Debbie

average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 846

Post by average_kim »

redsonic20 wrote:
Congrats!  Can you share what it looks like...if it's just like cherries or a pop up? :)
He's like the cherries in that he's about that size, but there's no box around him. and like Heidi shared, he's by the product description.  When she says don't click too fast, that means you have to let the page fully load.  It doesn't take too long, but it's not on the page right away like the cherries.  When I found him on the first day they started it, I clicked "next" on the previous product, and didn't see him on the product description, so I scrolled down (I was on my phone), then scrolled back up (because I was finding lots of cherries in that section!), and there he was under the product description!
Kim

Image Image  
redsonic20
Cherry Cropper

Post by redsonic20 »

average_kim wrote:
redsonic20 wrote:
He's like the cherries in that he's about that size, but there's no box around him. and like Heidi shared, he's by the product description.  When she says don't click too fast, that means you have to let the page fully load.  It doesn't take too long, but it's not on the page right away like the cherries.  When I found him on the first day they started it, I clicked "next" on the previous product, and didn't see him on the product description, so I scrolled down (I was on my phone), then scrolled back up (because I was finding lots of cherries in that section!), and there he was under the product description!
Awesome!  Thanks for the tips!!
Denise

stateless
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 335

Post by stateless »

Aww he's cute. Now I know what I'll be doing tonight, lol.
- Valerie/stateless
redsonic20
Cherry Cropper

Post by redsonic20 »

Another question:  Do you have to still be able to look for your cherries for the day to see Charlie?
Denise

Kristin
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1452

Post by Kristin »

Thanks average_kim, I think you answered most of the questions. 

As for if Charlie effects the Cherry Hunt -no. Nothing has changed with the Cherry hunt, you can still collect Cherries just like before.

With Charlie, we have it set so that you can only win once per campaign. We do that to make it more fair for all those clicking away. We plan on continuing with the one GC of $10/day being hidden (but may change/edit as we go along). We have it set so you can only win that once every 30 days. Brandon still has to create a way to post the list of winners, look for that next week.

We will have other shorter campaigns like this weekend's four - $50 GC's. One can only win that once. Hope this helps.
redsonic20
Cherry Cropper

Post by redsonic20 »

Kristin wrote:Thanks average_kim, I think you answered most of the questions. 

As for if Charlie effects the Cherry Hunt -no. Nothing has changed with the Cherry hunt, you can still collect Cherries just like before.

With Charlie, we have it set so that you can only win once per campaign. We do that to make it more fair for all those clicking away. We plan on continuing with the one GC of $10/day being hidden (but may change/edit as we go along). We have it set so you can only win that once every 30 days. Brandon still has to create a way to post the list of winners, look for that next week.

We will have other shorter campaigns like this weekend's four - $50 GC's. One can only win that once. Hope this helps.
I meant more along the lines of if you've found your cherries for the day, does that impact your ability to find Charlie, but you answered the rest of what I was curious about...except if you find him and accidentally click past him (someone said that happened to them on your FB post) will you be able to run across him again if you didn't get a chance to click on him?  Thank you so much!!
Denise

redsonic20
Cherry Cropper

Post by redsonic20 »

FWIW - my types of questions had a tendency to drive my teachers crazy as a kid.  They'd give me guidelines for 99% of the time and I'd come up with 1,000 questions about the 1% that was the exception, lol!

And I'm looking...not having any luck so far...but the UPS man just delivered my new camera and I'm, uhm...having issues focusing...between that and being sleepy I'm moving slower than I usually do when hunting on here.
Denise

Kristin
Cherry Cola

Post by Kristin »

edited, oops! I initially read the question wrong

"if you've found your cherries for the day, does that impact your ability to find Charlie"  No. And if you find Charlie, you can still hunt Cherries just like always.

"if you find him and accidentally click past him ... will you be able to run across him again if you didn't get a chance to click on him?"  YES.

As for Charlie taking a little longer to show up than the cherries do -- you shouldn't have to wait very long, it depends on your connection. The page has to fully load, that's all.
57Diana
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 365

Post by 57Diana »

redsonic20 wrote:
Yes, it is just like cherries, but Charlie the puppy!!!

An expert at anything was once a beginner!

redsonic20
Cherry Cropper

Post by redsonic20 »

Kristin wrote:"if you've found your cherries for the day, does that impact your ability to find Charlie"  No. And if you find Charlie, you can still hunt Cherries just like always.

"if you find him and accidentally click past him ... will you be able to run across him again if you didn't get a chance to click on him?"  No. You shouldn't have to wait very long depending on your connection. The page has to fully load, that's all.
Thanks much!!
Denise

Kristin
Cherry Cola

Post by Kristin »

I goofed on the question above, it has been edited Image

"if you find him and accidentally click past him ... will you be able to run across him again if you didn't get a chance to click on him?"  YES.
redsonic20
Cherry Cropper

Post by redsonic20 »

Kristin wrote:I goofed on the question above, it has been edited Image

"if you find him and accidentally click past him ... will you be able to run across him again if you didn't get a chance to click on him?"  YES.
Phew!  I got worried that if I miss him and that I'd be clicking all weekend and never see him again!  Thanks for the updated response! :D
Denise

Scrap Bug
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 240

Post by Scrap Bug »

Oh boy, my husband is not going to like this.  LOL  I've already been spending too much time on my computer reorganizing every single file, document, folder etc.  I hope I find Charlie quickly.  Image
Melissa
KrazSparkle
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 297

Post by KrazSparkle »

Will you let us know when all the Charlies have been found??
(Kristi) When life gives you scraps, make something with them.  ~Author Unknown

Return to “Announcements”