Our Creative Team

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Kara
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 69

Re: Our Creative Team

Post by Kara »

Should I pretend to be surprised. Who couldn't see the writing on the wall?
Image \ ImageImage
Sandi0805
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2310

Post by Sandi0805 »

I too am not surprised at all. I know for myself around the fall crop that things started feeling different especially with all the changes then. I know that I don't participate as much as I used too with the challenges or the message board. As I said before, one tends to lose interest when you play or participate and then nothing. Many times I have completed challenges etc. and then never a winner.
I do want to thank all of the CT past and present though for all the inspiration and fun times that I have had. I really have gotten some great ideas for layouts and loads of tips and techniques that I would never have thought of myself. I can't wait to see what the new changes will be in March.
 Image ImageImage
glo85cam
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 99

Post by glo85cam »

I AM surprised. I expected to see an announcement of the new CT members instead of this.
glo

[img:3st2c6tv]http://sbing.com/i/thumbnails/proudjubilee.gif[/img:3st2c6tv]
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1052

Post by pawprints »

I am surprised too. I also thought that there would be an upcoming CT call. I am sorry that the team as we know it will no longer exist.

I will miss the CT team very much. I hope that they still stick around here and play, as many of the CT Alum do. It is great being able to still share their friendship, and also to have them share their many talented projects with us. Many of my own digi pages just wouldn't exist if it weren't for the inspiration I've gotten from many of the challenges and contests that they have come up with. They gave me the spark and I took it from there. They are awesome and will be missed deeply.

Image Image Image

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 323

Post by Flasher »

I mostly lurk these days, but I just wanted to say that I'm sure this was not an easy decision to make.

That being said, a big THANKS to all CT members, past and present, for all of their insipiration and fun. Ultimately, the CT members are crafters and scrappers, and so long as they continue to craft and scrap, I'll continue to be inspired, with or without a CT title, just as I am by everyone else in the gallery.
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

scrapsakes
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 451

Post by scrapsakes »

oh no... wow, i truly didn't expect this :waiting: i am sad to hear it, but i'm sure it was a very hard decision to make.
this will always be my home online as i value the friendships i've made here, as well as being a part of the CT!
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

I didn't expect this either and have to say I am rather disappointed. The CT members have inspired me to try new things and whole new avenues....I never would have tried digital without their support and encouragement. I will admit I am having difficulty envisioning this site without a CT, but will definitely hang around to see what is in store. I can't help but feel very disappointed however. Purely selfishly, one of my goals as a scrapper was to be chosen as digital GCT for a month and I am quite saddened to think I can never achieve that on the site that got me started.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

I will be sad to see the CT go away, because they are what drew me in. I get a lot of inspiration from them. It sill be a change and like most all change, we will get used to the new ACOT....Grudgeingly.
Bibi
love2stamp
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1035

Post by love2stamp »

blbabe1234 wrote::( This is really really sad news to hear. I will miss seeing the CT's inspiration and tutorials.

And ditto what handerful said - I hope its not the end of montly challenges.
My thoughts excactly. I also hope it's not the end of the crops, I soooo look forward to both the crops and the monthly challanges.
ImageImageImageImage
Northern Brat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 253

Post by Northern Brat »

This is truly sad news. I sure hope the "changes" that are coming are exciting and keep people interested..........
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

Northern Brat wrote:This is truly sad news. I sure hope the "changes" that are coming are exciting and keep people interested..........
And I truly hope we aren't kept waiting too long to find out what they are, or I fear interest and participation will wane.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

CherryTat
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 492

Post by CherryTat »

This is very sad. I don't know what else to say, I was shocked and disappointed. I fear that the whole message board is in jeopardy of being taken down. Guess we'll see what happens.

I was with Nancy too- I was hoping to be GCT some month in the future. Oh well, so much for that.
Image      Image    Image 

My blog...My tattooed paper heart
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

CherryTat wrote:This is very sad. I don't know what else to say, I was shocked and disappointed. I fear that the whole message board is in jeopardy of being taken down. Guess we'll see what happens.

I was with Nancy too- I was hoping to be GCT some month in the future. Oh well, so much for that.

Ditto! I was honestly hoping to be on the CT (either paper or digital). It's been one of my dreams for the past 4 or so years. I'm so very saddened, upset and disappointed, along with a bit scared that we are going to lose the board. I've seen it happen before...
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

Northern Brat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 253

Post by Northern Brat »

Ayla wrote:
Northern Brat wrote:This is truly sad news. I sure hope the "changes" that are coming are exciting and keep people interested..........
And I truly hope we aren't kept waiting too long to find out what they are, or I fear interest and participation will wane.
As they say on Facebook press the "LIKE" button!
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage
evilqueen
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 555

Post by evilqueen »

Sandi0805 wrote:I too am not surprised at all. I know for myself around the fall crop that things started feeling different especially with all the changes then. I know that I don't participate as much as I used too with the challenges or the message board. As I said before, one tends to lose interest when you play or participate and then nothing. Many times I have completed challenges etc. and then never a winner.
I do want to thank all of the CT past and present though for all the inspiration and fun times that I have had. I really have gotten some great ideas for layouts and loads of tips and techniques that I would never have thought of myself. I can't wait to see what the new changes will be in March.

Where is that like button when you need one.
Here I come to save the day! Chas
I'm the crazy lizard lady
http://scrapinlizards.blogspot.com/

evilqueen
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 555

Post by evilqueen »

CherryTat wrote:

I been waiting for that for four years and nothing. Guess people don't like my kind of pets layouts.
Here I come to save the day! Chas
I'm the crazy lizard lady
http://scrapinlizards.blogspot.com/

Keling
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1509

Post by Keling »

Have to say, I'm not surprised...
Sara
4peasinourpod
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 816

Post by 4peasinourpod »

PezKat wrote:WOW. I hope the new plans are announced soon - I kept waiting and waiting to hear about a new CT call!! :(

I totally plan my spring schedule around ACOT's NSD crop so *PLEASE* let us know ASAP if that is not happening. Seriously - as part of a chain of events it actually influences when and if we're visiting relatives overseas this year!.

I know there has been attrition as the paper CT has declined and I agree w/the others who say the challenges, CT inspiration and crops are what has brought and kept so many of us to this wonderful community! I for one will re-mention that I would be happy to help with monthly challenges as well as other duties that formerly belonged to the CT if help is needed.
There will be an ACOT NSD crop. It just won't be the same format as before.
~pam~
ScrapEgypt
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 129

Post by ScrapEgypt »

I am also sorry - and a bit shocked - to hear this. Although I have been on this site for many years, my participation in crops, challenges, and the message board has often been sporadic. But I always knew that when I did return, I would be warmly welcomed back by old friends.

It is because of the ACOT CT that I decided to venture over to the dark side and try my hand at digital. Their support, encouragement, and advice were invaluable. Now that I'm overseas again - digital is just so much easier. And I REALLY didn't want to pack up my stuff again. Shoot, my scrappy stuff is better traveled than most people!

Put me in the group that is anxiously waiting to hear what ACOT has in mind. Hope they have something good to replace the inspiration, friendship, and fun that the CT has provided to everyone!
Last edited by ScrapEgypt on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cielle

ImageImage Image
4peasinourpod
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 816

Post by 4peasinourpod »

ScrapEgypt wrote:I am also sorry - and a bit shocked - to hear this. Although I have been on this site for many years, my participation in crops, challenges, and the message board has often been sporadic. But I always knew that when I did return, I would be warmly welcomed back by old friends.

It is because of the ACOT CT that I decided to venture over to the dark side and try my hand at digital. Now that I'm overseas again - it's just so much easier. And I REALLY didn't want to pack up my stuff again. Shoot, my scrappy stuff is better traveled than most people!

Put me in the group that is anxiously waiting to hear what ACOT has in mind.
Cielle, when did you leave Texas? I am sorry...I missed that. I always loved chatting with you.
~pam~

Return to “Announcements”