Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

Finally! check 'us' out!
I like the new style - but my stuff up top (buttons and such) are squished - so 'certificates' is on top of arrivals and Points and Chat are cut off on the bottom. I love that the default is company - and the little icons are cute :)Jenna

glo85cam

Cherry Jubilee

Finally! check 'us' out!
Are our profiles gone?  When I click on a name, all I get is a blank page except for the little bobble head !

scrapsakes

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Finally! check 'us' out!
you finally launched the new look, whoohoo!!

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

Finally! check 'us' out!
I love the hot products button and that I can see my cart while I am in the store.Now about the pink?
SUS ImageImageImage

lizziej

Bowl Full of Cherries

Finally! check 'us' out!
I don't like the fact that you can't get to the MB or the gallery from the home page like before.  It takes an extra step.

natally

Cherry Tart

Finally! check 'us' out!
I am looking for the next button also, and trying to get to the home page is next to impossible or trying to get to the companies by name... I am not so sure I think this is an "easy" change...

shanierae

Cherry Bomb

Finally! check 'us' out!
I have a question, when I click on someones user name it is blank and doesn't give me an option of sending them a pm. Will this be part of the new functionality or is it gone?Thanks! 

MamaDNC

Sweet Cherry Pie

Finally! check 'us' out!
It's really a great looking site!  I posted earlier today, probably about the time you actually did the switch!  It blew me away, but, even with the kinks, Brandon has done a great job.Keep on...
Diane Image

Image Image

Indy Scrapper

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Finally! check 'us' out!
Wow, will take some getting use to.  It is a little too WHITE and does hurt the eyes a bit.  Will go cruisin through to see how it all look. 
Janie
Live long, laugh often, hug someone.

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

Finally! check 'us' out!
I love that from the MB I can just click on a tab for arrivals/featured/clearance/GCs.

bayouscrap

Sweet Cherry Pie

Finally! check 'us' out!
I like the layout it's just a little hard on the eyes with it being a little too white. I can't wait to see how everything looks when the bugs get worked out. Great job!
Michelle
Born to Crop not to Mop!

ImageImage

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

Finally! check 'us' out!
It looks great.

DolphinSoul

Wild Cherry

Finally! check 'us' out!
It looks great... but why the change.. just b/c half the people have left.. doesn't mean you have to change a good thing. I'm not one to complain a lot on here... but I Do not like the option tabs only being about shopping. I know its better for people coming on here as new shoppers... but for us oldies that come here every day to the board.. its just hard to get around. If you take the simple out.. your gonna lose the ones that are used to a system. I dunno... I hope there is an option to change the way it looks from either Message Board tabs to shopping ones.I'm sorry to complain, I really am b/c I know how much hard work it is to make a website, but still. I think there should have been a vote first. Or like Windows Live we have the option to keep our old look, or join in on the new and improved.

MOM2SNOX

A Cherry on Top

Finally! check 'us' out!
Yowser! It's ... different! LOL! Will take a bit of getting used to. 

Kristin

Cherry Cola

Finally! check 'us' out!
Why the changes? We made the home page changes for search engine placement strategy reasons.

However, we did not want to lose what was our old home page look, thus the Community landing page idea was born.

Since the old home page is now our Community page - our thoughts were that those who frequent our site a lot, posting to the message board and such - would simply bookmark the Community page as their landing page for ACOT and bypass the main Home page.  Or they could bookmark the Message Board page, but then they'd miss out on events and such that are mentioned on the Community page (as well as all the great Featured Layouts blinking in rotation) .So my suggestion: change your bookmark for ACOT to our Community page.

As for color selection, we chose a color that is really a very light version of our Cherry logo. We'll play around with perhaps making it darker, eventually we may be able to bring back the color selections that we used to have.

We have a few changes that we'll be making today - some linkage problems will be corrected. 

Indy Scrapper

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Finally! check 'us' out!
After playing with this some last night, I do like the tabs at the top and I like the home page having the list of companies for shopping.  I do tend to shop by company rather than by type.  I don't mind the color, just needs a little more of it to break up the white. I like it there are more products on the screen, however they do seem to all run together.  Maybe just a little more white space there would work.The icons are great.  As with all change, some like, some don't, me I fall in the middle.  I take change much better with a sneak peak and the time to work it through. 
Janie
Live long, laugh often, hug someone.

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Finally! check 'us' out!
I suggested on the other thread to help with the "blindness":  maybe a tan or gray background would tone down the white some?  I like the pink and red, but the white does blind a little. Also, I noticed the type is larger....one of the things I learned in graphic design school is that type with a serif on it (such as Times New Roman or Baskerville Old Face) is much easier to read in body copy,  (i.e. messages and posts), than sans serif type...which is what I am having trouble with reading right now.  Maybe the type that is showing right now is not the one you picked, though, because I am at school and it could just be my school computer?  I would just suggest a serif typeface for the message board....this really does hurt the eyes.All in all, I am really liking the new layout, once I get used to it!  Thanks for putting up with our whining and suggestions, Brandon, Kristen, and everyone at ACOT!

scrapNslack

Cherry Bomb

Finally! check 'us' out!
Looks good!
-- Jenn

koala1966

Cherry Delight

Finally! check 'us' out!
I know why you enlarged the type, I saw the comments asking for it.  But for those of us who don't like large type, you can go to your View drop-down menu on your browser, go to "Text Size", and choose Smallest.  It put it back to a readable size for me.  FYI, for those of you upset that the text was too small, you could have done the same thing but chosen Largest.

NJTheresa

Cherry Cola

Finally! check 'us' out!
lol I was confused and thought I was on the wrong site.Looks cool

Return to “Announcements”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee