September/October Graphic Design Challenge

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1068

September/October Graphic Design Challenge

Post by pawprints »

It is birthday season here once again Cherries. From mid August to the 1st of October I have my three grands and two of my great nieces birthdays. So I have been looking at A LOT of toys lately. Toy packages can have a lot of inspiration as they of course need to appeal to kids and to even us grown ups, and if you have ever wrapped a toy for a kids' birthday you know how many weird shapes and designs the packages can have. So for this challenge I have chosen some toy packages again that we can use for inspiration.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Your challenge is to pick one of these toy packages and use it for inspiration to create a layout, card, or any craft project, but you must use something other than just the colors for inspiration. If you do choose to use the colors that is fine, but please also use something else from the package that also inspires you. Examples would be the design or shape of the package, if the package has a certain effect such as glitter or is a particular shape, if the package design contains shapes such as circles or triangles or arches, or even if the package contains beads or stickers or stripes or swirls. Or if the package contains a doll, or paint, or Play Doh, you can use that as your inspiration too. Just please use more than just the colors for inspiration.

Open to paper, digi, cards, planners, crafts, or whatever this inspires you to create.

Multiple submissions are allowed up to a limit of 5, as long as each submission is from a different toy package… no multiple submissions from the same package.

***You do not have to use the colors of the package, but if you choose to use the colors for inspiration please also chose another form of inspiration from the package as well***

You may combine with one other challenge that allows combining and you may also add to the Prompts Challenge.

Post your submissions to this thread by October 31st and a random winner of all participants will receive a $5 ACOT GC from me!

Most importantly, have fun!

I chose the Sweet Life Stationary Kit package. I was inspired by the pastel colors, the big heart, the rainbow effect background, and the colorful bars across the bottom. Pic is of my JJ, once again modeling my shoes. Lol.

ImageImage Image Image  

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 967

Re: September/October Graphic Design Challenge

Post by suewho372 »

Your layout is fabulous Barb! I love that photo of sweet JJ! And love all the pastels the hearts- stars and the flowers! Great challenge !
Susan

Return to “Contests & Challenges”