Sept. Pick A "Wacky" Holiday

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Mommyof5
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 197

Sept. Pick A "Wacky" Holiday

Post by Mommyof5 »

Hello, Cherries!  Welcome to SEPTEMBER!

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU WHO PLAYED ALONG WITH THE AUGUST CHALLENGE!  THE WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON!

*I have inherited this challenge and I vowed to keep Susan's original rules and wishes in place. I did change the name just a bit.
Here is how this Challenge works:
Each day of the month has a "wacky holiday" attached to it. Some of the holidays are WACKY and wild...and a few even a little over the top...but ALL are actual holidays. Each month I will post the prompts for that month.  Your challenge is to pick a day/holiday that I have added to the calendar and base your layout or card around that theme.  There is also a theme for the month shown at the top and/or bottom of the calendar.  If you choose the theme of the month, your name will be entered twice in the drawing for a winner. 

THE RULES:
~Your layout must be NEW - can be paper or digital. 
~Cards are allowed
~The holiday that you choose must be one that is featured on the calendar that I have provided. 
~ Post your layout or card to this thread by The last day of the month at midnight, and please note which day you chose. 
~You may post as many times as you want, but your name will only go in the drawing once
     (unless you get at additional entry for using the monthly theme or OCCASIONAL twist.)
~If you use the theme of the month for the bonus entry, PLEASE put that into your post when you submit.
~To qualify for the bonus entry, I must be able to see the relevance of the layout to the theme.
~You may combine with one other monthly Challenge that allows it.

As I am offering a monetary reward to the winner, I want to make sure that all Cherries have the same opportunity to win, as many of you do not have as much time to scrap as others. (I am one of the ones without much scrappy time!)
This is the only way I know to make it fair for all participants.  (Keeping Susan's original wishes/rules in place.)

One randomly chosen Cherry will be chosen for a $5 ACOT GC from me!  If you have any questions, please let me know! Have fun! I can't wait to see which "WACKY" Holidays you all scrap about!

For September, I chose August 25th- BE LATE FOR SOMETHING DAY
This is a photo of my daughter and her boyfriend at before their Senior Prom. I took SOOOO MANY pictures during this photo shoot, I made them late getting to their dinner date with their friends! LOL Oh well!  They still ate!  :greenlol: :greenlol:

SEPTEMBER WACKY HOLIDAYS LIST:

Themes for the month:  National Honey Month AND National Breakfast Month.

**There is a 2nd monthly theme, but still only eligible to use this bonus one time

1. Emma Nutt Day
2. Labor Day
3. Grilled Cheese Day
4. Newspaper Day 
5. Be Late for Something Day
6. Lazy Mom's Day
7. National Salami Day
8. Hug a Hound Day
9. Wonderful Weirdos Day
10. Swap Ideas Day
11. Hot Cross Buns Day
12. Chocolate Milkshake Day 
13. Peanut Day
14. Eat A Hoagie Day
15. Make a Hat Day
16. Play Dough Day
17. Apple Dumpling Day
18. Cheeseburger Day
19. Talk Like A Pirate Day
20. Punch Day
21. Miniature Golf Day 
22. Wife Appreciation Day
23. Checkers Day 
24. Cherries Jubilee Day
25. Comic Book Day
26. Pancakes Day
27. World Tourism Day
28. Fish Tank Floorshow
29. Coffee Day 
30. Mud Pack Day 

Last edited by Mommyof5 on Sun Sep 01, 2024 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty
 Image  Image   Image

VickiR
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1449

Re: Sept. Pick A "Wacky" Holiday

Post by VickiR »

Wow, beautiful LO, Misty!  There are lots of fun topics for September.
    ImageImage
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 340

Post by Flasher »

Beautiful layout!

I'm so here for "Wonderful Weirdos Day"!!!!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2500

Post by joannie »

"hug a hound day" sounds like a winner!!  🐶
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Contests & Challenges”