August Music Challenge

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1061

August Music Challenge

Post by pawprints »

For this month's challenge we are going to use the Dream Girls Movie Soundtrack album cover for inspiration. You can use anything about it that inspires you… the colors, the design, the bright lights, the fancy dresses, the neon title, singing, the bokeh background, or anything else about it that gives you inspiration. Just let us know what it was that inspired you.

Open to paper, digi, hybrid, cards, crafts, planners, or anything else you are inspired to create.

Multiple submissions are allowed up to a limit of 3, but EACH SUBMISSION MUST USE A DIFFERENT INSPIRATION FROM THE ALBUM COVER.

You may combine with one other challenge that allows combining and you may also add to the Prompts Challenge.

Post your submissions to this thread by August 31st and a random winner of all participants will receive a $5 ACOT GC from me!

Most importantly, HAVE FUN! I hope you can all find something inspiring in this album cover art!

Here is my page. I was inspired by the bokeh background, the neon title, the light to dark effect, and the glowing lights. I also really liked the oranges mixed with blue. Pic is of my sweet Twinkie in her pool one summer night.

Participants:
1. Nana01
2. Donna_Coughlin
3. mizz_kitty21
4. Breauxlabs
5. traveler
6. Scraplifter
7. lilkoala3

Last edited by pawprints on Thu Aug 15, 2024 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ImageImage Image Image  

VickiR
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1438

Re: August Music Challenge

Post by VickiR »

Wow, great inspiration for the music challenge!  I love the Bokeh technique and your LO is awesome!
    ImageImage
Nana01
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 105

Post by Nana01 »

Here is mine. I was inspired by the colors and the bright round lights. I used 2 washi tapes with gold circles and gold accents. 

Just call me Nan - it's short and sweet  

Donna_Coughlin
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 554

Post by Donna_Coughlin »

I was inspired by the colorsImage

Donna
ImageImageImage
mizz_kitty21
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 187

Post by mizz_kitty21 »

Layout created for the august music challenge. I took inspiration from the colors and the title on the bottom.
Combined with SBB “team who’s Flasher” - Susans sketch.

Total points for team Stinkerbelle: 15 (music + SSB + 100 papers + stash busting, upload and all 10 items from the stash list) new: patterned paper ~ old: two facetted “buttons” (today and polkadot)
Add some sparkle to your life :)

- Henriette
Breauxlabs
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 852

Post by Breauxlabs »

Here’s mine using the blue title and circles lights.

Kim Breaux
ImageImage
traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 781

Post by traveler »

I was inspired by the orange background with blue letters and the horizontal strips across the design
combined with the 3 in a row challenge
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

DrSonja
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 103

Post by DrSonja »

Beautiful layout! Your pup looks so happy in the pool. What a treat to splash and play.
Image  Image 
DrSonja
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 103

Post by DrSonja »

Beautiful layout! Your pup looks so happy in the pool. What a treat to splash and play.
Image  Image 
Scraplifter
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 47

Post by Scraplifter »

I was inspired by the soundtrack album to complete a page focused on only Girls - my 6th grade daughter and her friends on the stage. Also, I was inspired by the orange in th e main photo and the bokeh background, so I used orange dotted paper to mat the main stage photo. The title was at the bottom of the page, similar to the soundtrack.

https://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/user/37993590-scraplifter/album/august-challenge/345699-6th-grade
lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 852

Post by lilkoala3 »

I was inspired by the colors! The oranges, yellows, reds, and blue!
Leslie
GayleChurches
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 345

Post by GayleChurches »

I was inspired by the line of lights (bling in the journaling) and the tall thin blue alpha title.  I also submitted this to the Picture Yourself challenge.

Return to “Contests & Challenges”