August 2024 Taylor Swift Challenge

Moderator: ACOT Employee

The Scrap Attack
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 139

August 2024 Taylor Swift Challenge

Post by The Scrap Attack »

Hi everyone! Since it's the month of August, this month's challenge is inspired by one of Taylor's songs called..."August."

This song is off of her Folklore album (personally my favorite release) and the dresses from her tour are so pretty for that era. So this month, I am asking you to create a page inspired by one of the five Folklore dresses she wore on her American tour. She has since added more for her international shows but let's just focus on these five. 

Your background for your project must be mauve, light blue, blush, cream or celery (or whatever shade of green that dress is.)
Feel free to incorporate whatever other elements from the dress inspire you, whether it's lace, leaves, sequins, flowing fabric, ruffles, etc.

Here is an example where I created a page inspired by her peachy pink dress. Yes, I made this page way back in April already knowing this would be my challenge for August!

I fully planned on using the mauve dress as my inspiration since that was what she wore the night I saw her live. However, I had just purchased some really beautiful stationary products off Etsy, many of them in blush and peach colors so I went that route. I liked the lace detail in that dress so incorporated that element as well.

Participants:

This can be combined with one monthly challenge that allows combining.  

Must be a new creation. No back linking old projects.

Scrapbook layouts, cards, arts journal pages etc. welcome! 

Multiple entries are allowed.  

Must post to this thread by 8/3rds 0/24.

If you have any questions, either post your questions here in this thread or send me a pm.  

One lucky winner of this challenge will (chosen randomly via random.org) receive a $5 ACOT gift card. 

Have fun and I can't wait to see what you create.
Image Image Image

Return to “Contests & Challenges”