NEW Challenge - August Hollywood's Finest Movie Challenge

Moderator: ACOT Employee

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1833

NEW Challenge - August Hollywood's Finest Movie Challenge

Post by aheatfan »

Well the Alphabet Movie Challenge has come to an end...thanks to all those who have played along for the past 26 letters  😊

Our new challenge will still involve a love of movies and those that make them. Those that lead us on a momentary escape from our daily life. The actors that make us laugh, cry, anger, and cheer.  Each month we will focus on the work of one actor/actress.  There will be three options each month. You may do each option or just one, your choice.  In the past you were permitted to "find" a movie, now you many ONLY use the options given here!!  They must be used EXACTLY AS IS!!!!

This challenge has a limit of 3 ENTRIES.  You may only do ONE from each category for a total of 3, For example- you cannot do two posters and one quote, you may only do one poster, one quote and one title to reach 3 entries.  Any questions - please ask!

This month we will be focusing on the amazing work of Meryl Streep, my favorite actress. She has made me cry more times than I can count.  She has an immense body of work and we will be using some of those films as our inspiration this month. My favorite Meryl Streep movie is Silkwood, would love to know what yours is as well  🎬

Option # 1 - Movie Poster Inspiration 
You may gather inspiration from ONE of the movie posters below.  It does not have to be exact obviously but I must be able to see the inspiration. Here are your options. Please state which poster you used in your post. 

ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image

Option 2 - Movie Quotes
You may use one of these quotes either as your title or somewhere on the page. IT MUST BE USED EXACTLY AS IS!!! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PUT THE NAME OF THE MOVIE.

1."By all means, move at a glacial pace. You know that thrills me" - The Devil Wears Prada

2. "I have doubts, I have such doubts" - Doubt

3. "It's so much easier to be happy. It's so much easier to choose to love the things that you have, instead of yearning for what you're missing or what it is that you imagine you're missing". - One True Thing

4. "We will stand on principle, or we will not stand at all" - The Iron Lady

5. "And in that moment, everything I knew to be true about myself up until then was gone. I was acting like another woman, yet I was more myself than ever before" - The Bridges of Madison County

6."Instant gratification takes too long" - Postcards from the Edge

7. "How do I look?" - Kramer vs. Kramer

8. "I realized love won't obey our expectations, its mystery is pure and absolute' - The Bridges of Madison County

Option #3 - Movie Title
You may use one of these titles as the TITLE of your layout - IT MUST BE USED EXACTLY AS IS!!  No other Meryl Streep movie titles will be allowed for this option. Here are your choices:

1. Before and After
2. Heartburn
3. Music of the Heart
4. Falling in Love
5. It's Complicated
6. The River Wild
7. The Hours
8. One True Thing
9. Let Them All Talk
10. Mamma Mia
11. Postcards from the Edge
12. Doubt
13. Manhattan
14. The Deer Hunter
15. Out of Africa

Must be a NEW layout, paper or digital, single or double page. Layouts only. All entries should be entered on this thread. 
You can combine with ONE other challenge that allows it. 
*You may make more than one entry but each page MUST be from a different category. LIMIT 3 ENTRIES. 
Please LINK your work here. Deadline is August 31, 2024. A random winner from all entries done correctly will be selected for a $5.00 ACOT gift card from me

Here is my example - I took inspiration from the arched doorway and all the flowers on the Mamma Mia poster. 

🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1417

Re: NEW Challenge - August Hollywood's Finest Movie Challenge

Post by VickiR »

Gorgeous LO!  So beautiful.  Love the Meryl Streep topic too.
joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2472

Post by joannie »

Your layout is beautiful!! I love your new Movie challenge. One of my favorite movies of hers is the comedy "It's Complicated".  She's a great actress.
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
mizz_kitty21
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 163

Post by mizz_kitty21 »

Great challenge! I also love Meryl, I can’t pick only one favorite, lol. 

Question; if we use the quote, must it be written with the movie after a -dash? Like, must we write “How do I look?" - Kramer vs. Kramer”, or can we just write “How do I look?” And write in the description, that we used quote #7 - Kramer vs. Kramer. 

I hope it makes sense? I’m already full of ideas  :greenlol:
Add some sparkle to your life :)

- Henriette

Return to “Contests & Challenges”