July 2024 Video Game Challenge

Moderator: ACOT Employee

QueenBee89
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1730

July 2024 Video Game Challenge

Post by QueenBee89 »

Welcome to the Video Game Challenge for July 2024! This month is all about a personal favorite from my childhood (as well as my sister's!) - when Wyatt got his Switch, she called dibs on buying him the Spyro Reignited Trilogy for Christmas! We played the original versions on our PlayStation and PlayStation 2 way back when, so it's been a lot of fun sharing the little purple dragon with Wyatt! 

Here’s our color palette! 

Just like last month, I worked this so it can [potentially] go along with the monthly inspiration kit over on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog! Come join our stash-bashing, kit-building fun!

Again, we will have two options for your project(s) with an opportunity for a BONUS entry if you use both on a single project. 

Option 1: Use the above color palette for your project. You will need to include at least (3) of the featured colors, as close to the same shade as possible (the bottom color is open to some interpretation, lol, definitely purple, but I went a little more fuchsia/raspberry with mine). One additional neutral is permitted as well. 

Option 2: What's a dragon if he doesn't breathe FIRE?! Spyro's flame attack is a crucial component to make any progress in the game, so please scrap a topic that includes a FLAME. [Ideas: Campfire, Birthday Cake, Candles, Torches, Etc.] 

For my layout, I created a double page for my 6x6 album of our family camping trip last summer. Photos are of my husband teaching our boys to build a campfire! we're doing another cabin camp-out later this summer and we're all so excited! this little project is definitely getting me ready to go make more outdoorsy memories with my boys!

If you like this design, be sure to check out my sketch up for Stick it Down for July! It's a fun one! 

The Fine Print
1. New Projects Only. Open to both paper & digital, single or double page layouts and cards.
3. Limit of (3) entries per Cherry.
4. Can be combined with (1) other monthly challenge.
5. I’ll use Wheel of Names to select a winner for a $5 ACOT Gift Card! 
6. Please link your layouts here by 11:59pm EST on July 31st.

Participating Cherries: 

1. Aztam
2. Aztam (Bonus)

Last edited by QueenBee89 on Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image Image
joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2450

Re: July 2024 Video Game Challenge

Post by joannie »

OMGosh!! I loved watching my son play Spyro!!! He was so good at video games...as a 30 year old, he is still is!! LOL!!!
I really like the fire/flame option!

- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1398

Post by VickiR »

Love the color options for this month. 
QueenBee89
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1730

Post by QueenBee89 »

joannie wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:54 pm
OMGosh!! I loved watching my son play Spyro!!! He was so good at video games...as a 30 year old, he is still is!! LOL!!!
I really like the fire/flame option!

It's such a fun game! I've definitely pulled out Wyatt's Switch after he's in bed to play Spyro! Ha!

~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image Image
Aztam
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 702

Post by Aztam »

Option 1 brown, dark yellow, light yellow (celebrate) chipboard piece, (some blue as well) 
and 2 candle ephemera, also candles on cake are lit

ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam

Return to “Contests & Challenges”