Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

MMC - July 1 - Challenge #3
For this challenge, you need to answer my question about your 4th of July plans on this thread first!  July 1st, already! - ACOT Message Board (acherryontop.com)

Don't scroll down until you've answered! ;)

Done?  Okay....
This challenge is based on your answer category for July 4th that I have listed below.  Whichever category is closest to what you said is what you must do!  If you said multiple things, choose one of them. ;)  You may use anything else on your layout that you wish, but you must use the items corresponding to your choice.

1.  Cooking Out/BBQ/Having family over or visiting family for a meal = Create a layout using either checkered or striped background paper + at least 3 food embellishments (stickers, die cuts, shaped buttons or brads, etc.).  :)

2.  Watching a parade/watching fireworks/setting off fireworks = Create a layout using a solid color (not white, black, or any other neutral) background paper + some shiny bling (glitter, sequins, beads, pearls, etc.)

3.  Camping/hiking/getting out in nature = Create a layout using a shade (or shades) of green for the background paper + at least 3 flowers and/or leaves embellishments.

4.  On the water/boating/swimming = Create a layout using a shade (or shades) of blue for the background paper + enamel dots, water droplets and/or brads (at least 5 of one kind).

5.  Staying home or working/not celebrating the 4th = Create a layout using black or white solid background paper + alphas for your title (stickers/cut outs, etc.) and at least 2 word phrases or a paragraph of journaling.

You will have until midnight, Monday, July 8th to upload your layout in the gallery spot I've provided to be entered in the random prize drawing.
Must be a new layout.
CANNOT be combined with other challenges, except for inspirational challenges requiring multiple prompts, such as the Bi-Monthly or the new Team Challenge.

Laura
 Image    Image         Image

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: MMC - July 1 - Challenge #3
Sooooo.... if I am snorkeling AND watching firework can I pick either/or?
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

aheatfan wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:49 pm
Sooooo.... if I am snorkeling AND watching firework can I pick either/or?
Yep! :)  (Consider it a bonus for being so active. ;) ) lol

Laura

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Yay, thanks  😊
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

mizz_kitty21

Cherry Picker

Category 5; does the solid background cardstock and the alphas have to be the same color, or can I have white cardstock background with black alphas?
Add some sparkle to your life :)

- Henriette

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

mizz_kitty21 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:02 pm
Category 5; does the solid background cardstock and the alphas have to be the same color, or can I have white cardstock background with black alphas?

Only the background has to be solid white or black.  Alphas can be any color. :)
Laura

LMTscraps

Cherry Tart

I think scrapbooking and cooking would be the same as not celebrating. Hopefully, I interpreted this correctly.

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

LMTscraps wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:43 pm
I think scrapbooking and cooking would be the same as not celebrating. Hopefully, I interpreted this correctly.

Unless you are cooking out/bbq’ing, yes. :)
Laura

Sharmon P

Cherry Blossom

My July 4th plans are working at a mall that has quite a few foreign travelers so we will probably be busy, but the bright side is my grown daughter is going to be working with me! Normally she Temps at a different location but they made an exception since it may be extra busy.

Oops! I answered in the wrong thread. Sorry

Here is my layout using white cardstock, alpha stickers and 2 word phrases.

Sharmon

Follow me on Instagram for more scrappy fun @tpgirl_scraps

Trek

Cherry Berry

2.  Watching a parade/watching fireworks/setting off fireworks = Create a layout using a solid color (not white, black, or any other neutral) background paper + some shiny bling (glitter, sequins, beads, pearls, etc.)

My LO
Katerina

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Mine was #4, since we're swimming at my brother's house!! I had so much fun working on this! I FINALLY started using these Heidi Grace stickers from 2007!!!! 😂☺️☺️☺️☺️ The paisleys reminded me of splashes, and there's enamel dots and tons of blue here! Thank you, Laura! ☺️

https://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/343471

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Teacher I have a question!

These don't have to be Fourth of July related from this year, do they??

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

sherelm wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:31 pm

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

sherelm wrote:

They don't have to be 4th of July related at all! ;)  You just have to answer the question about what you are doing for the 4th this year and then whatever you said translates to some requirements to use on your layout.
Laura

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Art_Teacher wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:56 pm
sherelm wrote:

They don't have to be 4th of July related at all! ;)  You just have to answer the question about what you are doing for the 4th this year and then whatever you said translates to some requirements to use on your layout.

Thank you!!

ScrappyRN74

Sweet Cherry Pie

I had cooking out/having family over for a meal so I used a muted tonal striped background papers and included three food embellishments
Whatever you choose to do, leave tracks. That means don’t do it just for yourself. You will want to leave the world a little better for your having lived.” RBG

:) Trisha

ImageImageImageImage

Mathandlit

Cherry Picker

I have a blue background paper and there are 6 enamel dots--3 in the upper left corner and 3 in the bottom right by the title.

QueenBee89

Cherry Cola

checkered background and food embellies! smores! 

~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image Image

mizz_kitty21

Cherry Picker

My challenge was #5 not celebrating: use a solid black or white background + alphas
Add some sparkle to your life :)

- Henriette

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

white background, alphas for my title and at least 2 word phrases

*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  ImageImage

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee