MMC - June 17 - Challenge #3

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2336

MMC - June 17 - Challenge #3

Post by Art_Teacher »

This third MMC challenge is going to be a color challenge. ;)  During the last MMC's, I posted a guessing game to guess the 2 main colors of my backyard deck/patio flowers.  The answer was purples/yellows. :)  These are known as complementary colors (opposites on the color wheel), which means they make each other stand out even more, thus one of the reasons I chose those colors (that, and they look good with my grey-green siding on my house).

For this challenge, you have 3 options.  Choose one of them:

Option 1:  Create a layout using yellow & violet, like my garden (meaning no other colors in your papers and embellishments, just tints and shades of these 2 colors and neutrals). You will earn a bonus entry in the prize drawing if you add flower embellishments (3 or more) to your layout - for this option only! ;)

Option 2:  Create a layout using another pair of complementary colors (opposites on the color wheel) as the main color scheme (meaning no other colors in your papers and embellishments, just tints and shades of these 2 colors and neutrals).  You could choose red & green, or blue & orange.  If you want to get fancy, you could choose yellow-orange & blue-violet, for example, as they are also direct opposites on the more detailed color wheel. 

Option 3:  Create a layout using the colors (meaning no other colors in your papers and embellishments, just tints and shades of these 2 colors and neutrals) you guessed in my garden guessing game (can't do this option if you didn't already guess).  Here is the link, in case you forgot what you guessed.    MMC - little game - Page 3 - ACOT Message Board (acherryontop.com)
If you guessed more than once, use the colors in your first guess, but if you guessed correctly the first time (Monroe1218, Flasher, Retiree3, and CathyG89) use the second colors guessed, if you like.  

You have until midnight, Monday, July 24th to upload your layout into the gallery spot I've provided to be entered in the prize drawing.
*Must be a new layout.
*CANNOT be combined with other challenges, except for motivational challenges that require multiple layouts, such as the Bi-Monthly or the new Team Challenge.
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 517

Re: MMC - June 17 - Challenge #3

Post by SandyJay »

I KNEW you would be integrating the color wheel in at least one of your challenges!  Great challenge.  I have hung my color wheel on the wall to remind me to use it more.  Thanks for the inspiration!   
Cindy312
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 14

Post by Cindy312 »

I chose blue and yellow for your flowers - I love the option of using that combination for a layout. 

Have you scrapped about the different color combinations you've used over the years? That would be a fun page, to see them all together!
lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 780

Post by lilkoala3 »

Hmmm... Do I want to stretch myself and use something other than green and red? Or do I want to just use green and red? I'm probably gonna just use green and red....
Leslie
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

Cindy312 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:38 pm
I chose blue and yellow for your flowers - I love the option of using that combination for a layout. 

Have you scrapped about the different color combinations you've used over the years? That would be a fun page, to see them all together!

I actually haven’t done that.  It will be a challenge to see if I took photos each year, though.  I have the past few years, but I have kind of stuck with this color scheme since I did it in 2020…it’s my favorite with my backyard and deck. :)
Laura
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

lilkoala3 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:28 pm
Hmmm... Do I want to stretch myself and use something other than green and red? Or do I want to just use green and red? I'm probably gonna just use green and red....

LOL…it’s a no-brainer, right? ;)
Laura
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1367

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Nice one! The Mets colors are blue & orange...maybe I can do a page for my Mets book.
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1383

Post by VickiR »

I'll have to think about the colors on this challenge. 
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1383

Post by VickiR »

Mommytron wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:45 pm
I KNEW you would be integrating the color wheel in at least one of your challenges!  Great challenge.  I have hung my color wheel on the wall to remind me to use it more.  Thanks for the inspiration!   
Great idea, Sandy.  I will have to do this too.

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 323

Post by Flasher »

Here is my entry using Option 1 -- violet/purple and yellow, plus 4 flowers for the bonus!  It is also posted in the Gallery spot!  (My stupid scanner keeps cutting off my right edge!  😠)

OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1790

Post by aheatfan »

Also used the violet and yellow with lots of flowers. 

🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

QueenBee89
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1719

Post by QueenBee89 »

Orange & Blue

~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image Image
Mathandlit
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 434

Post by Mathandlit »

I felt pretty lucky when I realized that my wrong guess of pink and purple would look great on a layout! My 9 year old daughter was my inspiration and helper. 
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 517

Post by SandyJay »

I did Option 1 with the bonus, added flowers. :). My ink stamped on the strips is purple, you can’t tell from the photo.  
ScrappyRN74
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 715

Post by ScrappyRN74 »

I went for option 1 with the colors yellow and violet and the added bonus for flower embellishments.
Whatever you choose to do, leave tracks. That means don’t do it just for yourself. You will want to leave the world a little better for your having lived.” RBG

:) Trisha

ImageImageImageImage
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 743

Post by sherelm »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:39 pm
Cindy312 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:38 pm

I actually haven’t done that.  It will be a challenge to see if I took photos each year, though.  I have the past few years, but I have kind of stuck with this color scheme since I did it in 2020…it’s my favorite with my backyard and deck. :)

This heat wave? My pool flowers are going to brown and dead. It's horrible and so is waiting for relief in the form of storms!!
Amy Jo
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 773

Post by Amy Jo »

I rarely use this color combo but went with option 1 for a true challenge!

ImageImageImage

Trek
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 389

Post by Trek »

Option 2
red and green
Katerina
Tammey
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 2124