MMC - June 17 - Challenge #1

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2336

MMC - June 17 - Challenge #1

Post by Art_Teacher »

Let's get this week started with a sketch challenge!  I love a great 2-pager, so this challenge is a 2-page sketch challenge.  You can do a double-page layout (same theme/story), or you can split it with 2 single pages that will face each other in your album.  (Do you plan those ahead of time, so they match?  I'm just curious...I tend not to do that, but then when I put them in the album, sometimes it really bothers me when they don't go together. lol)

This sketch has room for LOTS of photos, which is why I like it. ;)  However, you could easily adjust it to only use 4 x 6 photos, if you don't want to crop squares.  I often take photos with such distracting backgrounds that the squares would be perfect for me to crop just the people in the photos. The squares could be serendipity squares, too!  lol  Another thing I love about Scrapbook Generation sketches is that they give you measurements, and if you struggle with combining patterned papers, they even let you know where to put your patterns. ;)  But, you could, of course, alter that to whatever looks good to you!

That's it...create 2 pages using this sketch.  (I need to be able to tell that you used the sketch, so don't change it too much!  lol)

You have until midnight, Monday, June 24th to upload your layout into the gallery spot I've provided.  Also come back and share it here on this post and let us know what you thought about the sketch...it's how we learn!

*Must be a new layout.
*CANNOT be combined with other challenges, except for those that require multiple layouts completed, such as the bi-monthly inspirational challenge (or the new team challenge).

Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Re: MMC - June 17 - Challenge #1

Post by blbabe1234 »

THIS IS PERFECT!!! Totally love this sketch!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1790

Post by aheatfan »

💗 this sketch!!
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

Cindy312
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 14

Post by Cindy312 »

I love this sketch! I hope to get some photos printed and do some scrapping, but if I can't I'm going to save this sketch for when I can. Thanks!
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 743

Post by sherelm »

I know the answer to this sketch, awesome!!! Look at that one spot for journaling tags, IN A POCKET, NO LESS! I love it and yes I have a collection of pictures to use, in fact I have photos from the last few months! Thank you!!

Now please, no ink.... Lol
Mathandlit
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 434

Post by Mathandlit »

Double page sketches can be challenging for me--I prefer not to scrapbook a lot of photos on a page, and this one had A LOT. But I am pretty happy with the cut outs I used instead of photos. 

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1383

Post by VickiR »

Nice double sketch but not sure I can do that many photos.  I'm a one or 2 photo peep.
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2336

Post by Art_Teacher »

VickiR wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:09 pm
Nice double sketch but not sure I can do that many photos.  I'm a one or 2 photo peep.
Psst...check my hints. ;)  You don't have to use all those photos to use the sketch!

Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1383

Post by VickiR »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:18 pm
VickiR wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:09 pm
Psst...check my hints. ;)  You don't have to use all those photos to use the sketch!

I have to find enough photos from one event!  I do have and idea for replacing some of the photos.  TY!
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 517

Post by SandyJay »

I like this sketch and challenge!  I have pictures for this.  I used to always do 2 page layouts but I am rarely happy with them.  I won’t give up, hank you for the blueprint sketch from SG.  Makes it easier.  
lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 780

Post by lilkoala3 »

Love this one. I think I'll do a row of vertical 4x6 photos. I feel like 95% of the photos I take these days are verticals.
Leslie
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1367

Post by scrappinmom99 »

That's a lot of photos! But I'm sure I can "zhush" it --- maybe some school photos and memento for the pocket. I do appreciate the measurements!!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
QueenBee89
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1719

Post by QueenBee89 »

~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image Image
aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1790

Post by aheatfan »

Such a great sketch for a lot of photos. Will save to use again. 

🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2049

Post by MTCanuk »

Here is mine.

ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

ScrappyRN74
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 715

Post by ScrappyRN74 »

Whatever you choose to do, leave tracks. That means don’t do it just for yourself. You will want to leave the world a little better for your having lived.” RBG

:) Trisha

ImageImageImageImage
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 517

Post by SandyJay »

Did I deviate too much? 
Last edited by SandyJay on Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lisn2cats
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 486

Post by lisn2cats »

Loved that I got to use so many photos!
Image  ImageImageImage
Amy Jo
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 773

Post by Amy Jo »

I loved this one! Thanks for the great two-page challenge!
ImageImageImage

hsblair
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 605

Post by hsblair »

First of all, I love double-page sketches because I take lots of photos and want to scrap them all!  Secondly, I love Allison Davis sketches because, as you said, she gives dimensions, and her layouts tend to be very clean and linear.  This sketch was serendipitous because when I scrap an event, I always pick the photos I want to use and put them in an album.  It just so happened that I had cropped all the bottom photos into squares and was looking for a sketch to use! This sketch had the exact number of photos and in the right orientation! The only thing I had to change was the dolphin photo on the top right I had cropped to a square, but I decided to use the whole picture.  Thanks for the timely inspiration!
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Contests & Challenges”