June Spent Smart/Stash Bust Challenge

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 516

June Spent Smart/Stash Bust Challenge

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Hey Cherries! 😊 Welcome back to another month of spending smart and busting stash!
If you're new to the challenge, here's a link to May’s :
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=277314

Thanks for joining me here again! How is everyone doing with their goals? Any new goals? Successes? Disasters? Lol I want to talk about them all!

I'll start us off!
Well in May my only spending goal was a small gift for myself during NSD sales- and adhesive if needed! I used gift cards and points and spent NO MONEY out of pocket! I got a traveler's notebook for less than $3, and I LOVE it! I'm NOT even sure what else I bought haha! It was JUST a few items- but sometimes that's ALL we NEED, right?
As for stash busting, well… I used a LOT and am STILL at an abundance! Blessedly, I receive gifts at times, and I was delighted to receive a nice box of goodies from a dear Cherry Friend! 😍 Soooooo, everything I busted has kinda been replaced! Haha! This JUST means MORE to bash, right?! ☺️
Believe me, between NSD and all the challenges I do one a regular basis, plus my regular art stuff - I STILL have PLENTY of stash to go around!

June's goals:
I'm doing a complete NO SPEND this month… I have several friends who do this too, amd encourage you to follow along, if that's something that suits you this month. It's not always easy, but that's part of what makes it a challenge, right? 😉
I've learned a LOT of tips and tricks along the way to help with this- the biggest AND best tip is to JUST dive into your stash! Maybe you make kits, maybe you rotate items, maybe you spend an afternoon stamping, coloring and fussy cutting - maybe you take all the little bags of leftovers and create cards. Maybe you use markers to change the color of your stickers so they match some papers.
Whatever works for YOU, to get you re-acquainted with your stash, to make it feel fresh again - do that!
I AM!
I'm out of my regular adhesive, but since I've overstocked the last time I bought, I ACTUALLY have enough for another month - easily! That's it! I have plenty of everything else for right now!
Which brings me to: Stash Busting!
I could play with my stash all day, every day, for probably another year, and STILL have plenty! I say, we keep working at it! It's fun, we're SO creative, AND we HAVE these things! We might as well use them!
In addition to layouts, I'm also working on other projects: art journals, altered playing cards/ATCs, mixed media art and other journals. I've also been periodically pulling out unfinished projects and finishing them!
I have an iris container stuffed full and hope to see be at LEAST easier to shut by the end of the month! 😂
shoorn
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 2860

Re: June Spent Smart/Stash Bust Challenge

Post by shoorn »

This was May's goals:
      Spend Smart - This is my birth month too and hoping DS will send a gift card that I can use. There are some new G45 collections that I love but am waiting to see if I get a gc. Spending budget $75 and hope to spend less. 
   Stash Bust - Since this is NSD month, I am hoping to get a lot of challenges  done - NSD and monthly. I want to get at least 22 pages done. Use up some older stash. 

How I did - Spend Smart I did get a gift cards but spent around $70 of my own - includes shipping - and that works. The git card paid for a larger order during NSD.
                 Stash Bust - I didn't reach 22 pages but did make it to 20. I am happy with that. I used some older stash and lots of scraps. 

June Goals:
   Spend Smart - I still have some money on my gift card and am eyeing some new products (especially stamps) that I would like. Will be trying to keep it under $50 in addition to the gc - includes shipping. I did some NSD prizes so hoping to hold off on papers. 
   Stash Bust - I hope to get at least 16 pages done this month and several cards. Use up some older stash and scraps. 
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Post by blbabe1234 »

I spent more than expected in May, but I'm not surprised and I'm definetly not ashamed! 😂 😂

Spent $150 across 4 separate orders.

1. Bought the EP "Off the school" collection. Necessary purchase. I need it to scrap Draven going to school and this year, I'll have 2 nephews going to school.
2. Ran out of adhesive due to NSD (YAY!) So bought a bunch of cherry tape.
3. Placed an order over Memorial Day weekend (should be here on Monday) :) Bought the Pebbles "Cool Boy" paper pad, a couple of Reminisce collection packs, and some stickers for a few layouts I have in mind.
4. Bought the Reminisce Fiesta collection from another place for the Fiesta Baby Shower I went to in December.

ALL NECESSARY PURCHASES. :)

AS for scrapping, I did a really great job last month. 17 layouts, 4 cards AND a mini album!!! I even scrapped all the pics from a folder I had found a couple of months ago. PHotos from Oct - Dec 2014 have been SCRAPPED :greenlol: :greenlol:

As for June, I'm doing GREAT. Got 2 pages scrapped already, using up older stash. And with all of my May purchases...doubt I'll need anything.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

shoorn wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2024 4:40 pm
This was May's goals:
      Spend Smart - This is my birth month too and hoping DS will send a gift card that I can use. There are some new G45 collections that I love but am waiting to see if I get a gc. Spending budget $75 and hope to spend less. 
   Stash Bust - Since this is NSD month, I am hoping to get a lot of challenges  done - NSD and monthly. I want to get at least 22 pages done. Use up some older stash. 

How I did - Spend Smart I did get a gift cards but spent around $70 of my own - includes shipping - and that works. The git card paid for a larger order during NSD.
                 Stash Bust - I didn't reach 22 pages but did make it to 20. I am happy with that. I used some older stash and lots of scraps. 

June Goals:
   Spend Smart - I still have some money on my gift card and am eyeing some new products (especially stamps) that I would like. Will be trying to keep it under $50 in addition to the gc - includes shipping. I did some NSD prizes so hoping to hold off on papers. 
   Stash Bust - I hope to get at least 16 pages done this month and several cards. Use up some older stash and scraps. 

Thanks for playing along again, Susan! ☺️
It sounds like you've been on a good path!! Using those gift cards is DEFINITELY Smart Spending!!! ☺️
(ALSO, I can certainly understand wanting new stamps!!! I've went overboard at times ! 😂)
16 pages AND a bunch of cards IS AWESOME!!! ☺️ Kudos to you for using older stash AND scraps, too! (ALSO something I've been trying to do!)
I hope you're able to reach all your goals this month! ☺️
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2024 5:01 pm
I spent more than expected in May, but I'm not surprised and I'm definetly not ashamed! 😂 😂

Spent $150 across 4 separate orders.

1. Bought the EP "Off the school" collection. Necessary purchase. I need it to scrap Draven going to school and this year, I'll have 2 nephews going to school.
2. Ran out of adhesive due to NSD (YAY!) So bought a bunch of cherry tape.
3. Placed an order over Memorial Day weekend (should be here on Monday) :) Bought the Pebbles "Cool Boy" paper pad, a couple of Reminisce collection packs, and some stickers for a few layouts I have in mind.
4. Bought the Reminisce Fiesta collection from another place for the Fiesta Baby Shower I went to in December.

ALL NECESSARY PURCHASES. :)

AS for scrapping, I did a really great job last month. 17 layouts, 4 cards AND a mini album!!! I even scrapped all the pics from a folder I had found a couple of months ago. PHotos from Oct - Dec 2014 have been SCRAPPED :greenlol: :greenlol:

As for June, I'm doing GREAT. Got 2 pages scrapped already, using up older stash. And with all of my May purchases...doubt I'll need anything.

Excellent moves here, Brandy! ☺️ Making necessary purchases is good - planning ahead never hurts! You'll DEFINITELY need that school paper! (Which I've seen and think is awesome, lol!) It sounds like you've really put some thought into the things you bought- which is what Smart Spending is all about! 😉
After bashing so much stash, you DO need to replenish! A min album is an impressive feat on it's own, but 17 Layouts and 4 cards is some serious stash busting, too! ☺️
I LOVE that you've ALREADY gotten scrappy, and with your older stash, too! ☺️ You rock!
GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 471

Post by GinniG »

May's goal...  I did use points and took full advantage of the sales!!! A little TOO much advantage and then the Cherry Box also came out and I'm subscribed so I spent too much.  BUT...  I LOVE everything that I got AND I won TWO NSD prizes so I'm pretty happy about that.  :)

I busted a LOT of stash too but now I need to restock cardstock especially!  Since we'll be down in Kentucky and Tennessee for several weeks I will try to find some in the stores there and at least save on the shipping costs!  :) 

I won't be able to scrap while I'm gone so not quite sure what to make my goals so I'm just going to be happy with whatever I manage to do before we leave on Friday.
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

GinniG wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:48 pm
May's goal...  I did use points and took full advantage of the sales!!! A little TOO much advantage and then the Cherry Box also came out and I'm subscribed so I spent too much.  BUT...  I LOVE everything that I got AND I won TWO NSD prizes so I'm pretty happy about that.  :)

I busted a LOT of stash too but now I need to restock cardstock especially!  Since we'll be down in Kentucky and Tennessee for several weeks I will try to find some in the stores there and at least save on the shipping costs!  :) 

I won't be able to scrap while I'm gone so not quite sure what to make my goals so I'm just going to be happy with whatever I manage to do before we leave on Friday.

Sounds like you've done some smart spending last month! Congrats on winning some goodies! Free goodies are ALWAYS a bonus!
Good for you for busting so MUCH stash!!! I know it's going to be hard to not be able to scrap, but I hope you find some amazing scrappy goodies in KY! ☺️
Birgit55~Chickadee
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 137

Post by Birgit55~Chickadee »

I think I might join in on this with you Holly.  I've been trying for months now, to curb my spending and maybe this will help, although I'm a card maker and not a scrapbooker.  What do I need to do, set a goal for June?   hmmmm.....  My goal is to spend nothing on crafty supplies and only use what I have, as I have enough for more than one lifetime. (The Free Shipping offer here at ACOT is awful tempting though.)  As far as making cards, my goal is to make 20 cards and send out 10.  Is that how this works??
Monroe1218
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 92

Post by Monroe1218 »

GinniG wrote:

What part of Tennessee will you be in?  I'm in upper east Tennessee, close to Knoxville and Pigeon Forge.
Rebecca

Monroe1218
Cherry Cropper

Post by Monroe1218 »

I did pretty well for May.  I think I only spent $20 - and that was on a stamp set that I had been looking at for quite some time.  It went on sale and then I purchased a couple of other embellishments that were also on sale that I can use to finish up a couple of projects.  I'm not sure how many layouts I got finished in May.  I think I did maybe 7 from start to finish but then went back and finished a couple that needed just a little something to get them added to the complete pile.

Goals for June....
  • We are going on vacation on June 20 - so my goal is to spend nothing on scrappy supplies this month.  I do have a couple of gift cards to use if there is something that I just can't live without during the month of June.  
  • I set my goal for June at 8 - but I'd love to get 15 done.  I've gotten one almost complete on my desk - I also have 10 days of vacation this month so I won't be home in my scrappy space... but I'm going to have some incredible pictures from all of our adventures and I'm already looking forward to scrapping those.
  • Complete 5 challenges here at ACOT.
  • Become more intentional about posting on my scrappy instagram...
Rebecca

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Birgit55 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:14 am
I think I might join in on this with you Holly.  I've been trying for months now, to curb my spending and maybe this will help, although I'm a card maker and not a scrapbooker.  What do I need to do, set a goal for June?   hmmmm.....  My goal is to spend nothing on crafty supplies and only use what I have, as I have enough for more than one lifetime. (The Free Shipping offer here at ACOT is awful tempting though.)  As far as making cards, my goal is to make 20 cards and send out 10.  Is that how this works??

Hey Brigit! 😊 Thanks for joining us! ☺️ This works however you need it to work! ☺️ (I meant to post a link to the original start of this challenge, but I forget!)
I'm guilty of having more than I will need for quite a while! I love any excuse to play with the fun stuff - but I need the extra help to watch my spending! (The free shipping is VERY tempting! I'm SO CLOSE to being able to afford it, too!)
Anyway, I need the extra help staying accountable! 😂
Your goals sound great!! Card making is DEFINITELY welcome here, along with any other project that gets you into your stash! (You don't have to post them here, though!)
We mainly just get together here and show support for one another, sharing our monthly goals. 😊 Thanks for playing along with us!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Monroe1218 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:08 am
I did pretty well for May.  I think I only spent $20 - and that was on a stamp set that I had been looking at for quite some time.  It went on sale and then I purchased a couple of other embellishments that were also on sale that I can use to finish up a couple of projects.  I'm not sure how many layouts I got finished in May.  I think I did maybe 7 from start to finish but then went back and finished a couple that needed just a little something to get them added to the complete pile.

Goals for June....
  • We are going on vacation on June 20 - so my goal is to spend nothing on scrappy supplies this month.  I do have a couple of gift cards to use if there is something that I just can't live without during the month of June.  
  • I set my goal for June at 8 - but I'd love to get 15 done.  I've gotten one almost complete on my desk - I also have 10 days of vacation this month so I won't be home in my scrappy space... but I'm going to have some incredible pictures from all of our adventures and I'm already looking forward to scrapping those.
  • Complete 5 challenges here at ACOT.
  • Become more intentional about posting on my scrappy instagram...

Great goals, Rebecca! 😊
You've definitely got some Smart spending when you're saving your gift cards for things that you may end up needing to finish some projects with! (That's WAY better than when I was buying random things on impulse!)
I REALLY LOVE to hear that you've been finishing up those unfinished projects (UFOs), too! (Since last year I've been slowly working on mine as well! Who knew there were so many?!)
I think your goals for June sound realistic, clear-cut, which I ALSO admire! (I'm STILL learning to NOT be over zealous!) ESPECIALLY since you're going on vacation!! (I hope you have an amazing time and get LOTS of photos!!)
I hope you meet all your goals this month, have an amazing vacay, and check in to tell us about how everything came along! 😊
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

Monroe1218 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:56 am
GinniG wrote:

What part of Tennessee will you be in?  I'm in upper east Tennessee, close to Knoxville and Pigeon Forge.

Rebecca, we will be in Nashville. We are flying in and out of there and will be there with my daughter and her family from the 3rd to the 9th. The rest of the time we will be in Bowling Green Kentucky.
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:28 pm
GinniG wrote:

Sounds like you've done some smart spending last month! Congrats on winning some goodies! Free goodies are ALWAYS a bonus!
Good for you for busting so MUCH stash!!! I know it's going to be hard to not be able to scrap, but I hope you find some amazing scrappy goodies in KY! ☺️

Thanks Holly! I’ll be on the lookout for scrappy things for sure!
Monroe1218
Cherry Cropper

Post by Monroe1218 »

GinniG wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:25 pm
Monroe1218 wrote:
GinniG wrote:

Rebecca, we will be in Nashville. We are flying in and out of there and will be there with my daughter and her family from the 3rd to the 9th. The rest of the time we will be in Bowling Green Kentucky. 
I hope you have a fabulous time!  We love Nashville! 

Rebecca

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 948

Post by suewho372 »

Well I did pretty good in May! I didn’t buy anything - I tried to order some awesome albums but they sent the wrong items! What?!
I did only did 6 layouts in May- but that’s better than a lot of the months. I did a lot of old stash busting.
I plan to stay on budget maybe get something at the free shipping sale. I do have gcs so that doesn’t count 🤣😂!! Lol
And hopefully if I can get through the next week I can get some scrapping done.
I have made 1 layout in June so far!
Susan

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

suewho372 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:39 pm
Well I did pretty good in May! I didn’t buy anything - I tried to order some awesome albums but they sent the wrong items! What?!
I did only did 6 layouts in May- but that’s better than a lot of the months. I did a lot of old stash busting.
I plan to stay on budget maybe get something at the free shipping sale. I do have gcs so that doesn’t count 🤣😂!! Lol
And hopefully if I can get through the next week I can get some scrapping done.
I have made 1 layout in June so far!
Welcome back, Susan! 👋 😊😊
Lol not the wrong items!?!! 😳 They must have had an off day?! Well, lol at least you didn't end up spending after all, I guess! 🫂 That would definitely have saved me! 😂
Hey, 6 layouts is STILL BETTER than none!! 😊😊😊
Yup, gift cards absolutely don't count! 😂😂 I say, you deserve a treat! 😂
I hope you're able to get some more scrappin' done this month!😊 It sounds like you're off to a good start, having ALREADY done a layout! Lol I haven't started my first one yet! 😂
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

Monroe1218 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:43 pm
GinniG wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:25 pm
Monroe1218 wrote:

I hope you have a fabulous time!  We love Nashville! 

Thanks so much Rebecca!!!
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 948

Post by suewho372 »

I FELL off the no spend wagon!!! Ugh 😂🤣😂 but I have been soooo good this year! I only had 1 small order in Feb ! And I have been consistently using my stash
( which I have enough for me and 10 others. I do believe it would sustain us for years! )
Anyways, I took advantage of the anniversary sale no shipping and I used gcs! But spent some too! And I found a couple things at Joann and scrapbook.com That we were out of here at ACOT
( eeek we sold out while I was on no spend ! Ha! )
However, I have completed 6 layouts from stash this month and we are only 1/2 way in!
I will now return to my regularly planned no spend….. !!!
😂😂🤣
Susan

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

suewho372 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:29 pm
I FELL off the no spend wagon!!! Ugh 😂🤣😂 but I have been soooo good this year! I only had 1 small order in Feb ! And I have been consistently using my stash
( which I have enough for me and 10 others. I do believe it would sustain us for years! )
Anyways, I took advantage of the anniversary sale no shipping and I used gcs! But spent some too! And I found a couple things at Joann and scrapbook.com That we were out of here at ACOT
( eeek we sold out while I was on no spend ! Ha! )
However, I have completed 6 layouts from stash this month and we are only 1/2 way in!
I will now return to my regularly planned no spend….. !!!
😂😂🤣

😂😂😂Susan, you go, Girl! 😊😊
You've been sooo strong in your no spending- AND using you stash, which is ALSO part of your goals!
I say, you've earned a few new goodies, AND it sounds like you've spent smart! 👏🏻
It's great that you've so many projects ALREADY! That's the ONLY way I know to bust some stash! 😉
Thanks for checking back in with us! 😊 I need the accountability and support! I've been tempted but having no funds is helps me! 😂😂
Especially motivates me to get into my stash lol I need all the help I can get! 😊

Return to “Contests & Challenges”