We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

heidi

Site Admin

Becky Fleck Sketch #102!
Week 102 - Sketch Challenge:

NOW 1000 ACOT Points Awarded to WINNER!

We'd love to see what you can do with this sketch! Post your finished project right here on our Becky Fleck Sketch Challenge #102 Topic and in the Becky Fleck Sketch Challenge #102 Gallery.  Random winner to be selected and awarded 1000 ACOT Points! Act fast! You have until midnite (11:59pm) EST on Thursday - Sept 3, 2015 to post your project.

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

Re: Becky Fleck Sketch #102!
YUM!! What a fun way to use up scraps.  I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend!  Image
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

redsonic20

Cherry Cropper

I think I have ONE kit from when I subbed to one that is down to mostly scraps...this might be a good way to get more of it used up...nice challenge for me!!  It's either that or digging into some 6x6 paper pads for this!
Denise

Visit My Blog:  Mamarazzi Scraps

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

Looks like a great sketch for scraps! Thanks Heidi! Image
Image Image ImageImage

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Awesome!!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

beachlover

Cherry Addict

gorgeous!!!!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

blfonty

Cherry Cola

Great layout design! Love using small scraps to create a grid - think I have an idea already.
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

SherrieLynne

Cherry Garcia

LOVE the grid!!! 

hsblair

Cherry Bomb

Don't get me wrong--I love all sketch challenges, and I know that you can interpret sketches to fit your pictures, turn them into 2-pagers, etc.  But I can't help but notice that Becky Fleck's sketches seem to use very small pictures.  Does anyone else find this challenging?  Maybe I need to get used to smaller pictures, or maybe my eyesight is getting worse...
Image Image Image Image

christinec68

Cherry Bomb

hsblair wrote:Don't get me wrong--I love all sketch challenges, and I know that you can interpret sketches to fit your pictures, turn them into 2-pagers, etc.  But I can't help but notice that Becky Fleck's sketches seem to use very small pictures.  Does anyone else find this challenging?  Maybe I need to get used to smaller pictures, or maybe my eyesight is getting worse...
Smaller pictures definitely seems to be a trend but I frequently use standard size photos for the sketch challenges. It's just a jumping off point so I try not to be so literal interpreting the sketch.  As a suggestion for this sketch, I would make the grid then in place of the two smaller pictures, I would put one matted photo with some layers behind it to give the illusion of angled pics.  The title would go above it and the journaling below (like in the sketch).  

Hope this helps :)

karensay

Chocolate Covered Cherry

hsblair wrote:Don't get me wrong--I love all sketch challenges, and I know that you can interpret sketches to fit your pictures, turn them into 2-pagers, etc.  But I can't help but notice that Becky Fleck's sketches seem to use very small pictures.  Does anyone else find this challenging?  Maybe I need to get used to smaller pictures, or maybe my eyesight is getting worse...
I would use one photo in place of the smaller photos.  I just find it difficult to find ONE photo to scrap....lol.  Most of my layouts have many photos and I prefer 2 page layouts.  But, I DO have one photo to scrap every now and then.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

StacyLee

Cherry Garcia

This was a great sketch to work with, thank you!
Easter 2003
Stacy

ImageImageImage

meredemaison

Cherry Blossom

I love this sketch! The grid is tons of fun! I can't wait to give it a go!

Ruth
Happy Scrapping!
I <3 my Silhouette Cameo!
I'd love for you to visit my blog:
Paper and Musings

meredemaison

Cherry Blossom

Have you tried the smaller pictures? I used to always want to put as many pictures as possible as big as possible on my pages, but I've found that focusing on one or two is good and that the small pictures are easier to see than I would have thought (and I've had to go to bifocals, so my eyes aren't the best either.) I will say that printing my photos at home really helps with getting the size that I need rather than trying to crop down an existing 4x6 photo.

I wonder if the smaller (and especially square photos) are popular because of Instagram and all the photos being taken with cell phones that might not look great really big...

I hope if you haven't given the smaller pics a try, that you take the plunge - I think you may find you like it.

Ruth

Ruth
Happy Scrapping!
I <3 my Silhouette Cameo!
I'd love for you to visit my blog:
Paper and Musings

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

Here's mine

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

Perfect sketch to use the MME 6x6 paper pad I have been hoarding to use for my granddaughter's cheer photos.  Since she is moving to another team in the Fall with different colors, I was thrilled by this sketch. Thanks Heidi!! Image

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

ncokely

Cherry Cola

[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

blfonty

Cherry Cola

Here's my layout inspired by Sketch #102 - Party Time. Also submitted for August GD #4 (scrapping about a loved one).

blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Linda L

Cherry Bomb

Here is mine, this was fun!   Image

Meli

Cherry Picker

Here is my submission! (forgot to mention combining with GD#4) Hope to snap a better picture before Wed, but for now:

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee