Get up to 3 FREE GIFTS with purchase → See details
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products!

sweetsour

Wild Cherry

CLOSED!! Dec/Jan TWISTED-HACKS
WONDERFUL ideas shared everyone!  Thanks!

For the busy holiday season I thought I would keep it easy. It’s an off the page challenge and something you have already done.  Or you can do something especially for the challenge if you wish to and have the time.

Show us pictures of your scraproom “hacks.”  Have you repurposed something for interesting and handy storage or some other use? 
I want a description of what it used to be, how you got the idea (if it’s not obvious,) how (if) you gave it a makeover.
Upload your pix here and in the gallery, as many “hacks” as you want.   If you have before pix, great! but they’re not required.

Then, I am going to ask everyone to vote for their favourite ideas for the GC and a RAK or 2!
Fun and informative for everyone!

For example:
I bought this wooden box at a rummage sale for a buck, I think some kid made it in shop class. It reminded me of the old tool box my grampa had, so that’s what I use it for, tools on my desk! Holds scissors, x-acto, adhesive roller, edge distresser, fave ink, mini measuring tape, bone folder etc.   I modpodged some paper on and added a flower to match my décor.

I bought these hat-boxes when a store was closing out,  big ones were $5 and smaller ones less.  Each holds the colours of ribbon indicated by the ribbon and pin on the outside - pinned, not permanently attached in case I want to repurpose them again!  Same closeout – this spinning jewelry rack was $50, and  I LOVE it for hanging my scrappy packages.  I had to wash all their stickers etc off with Un-Du, made my own labels, and washi taped for interest.
ImageImage
This is a jewelry box I bought at Value village for like $2.  I didn’t need to do anything to it, and it’s perfect for keeping my loose die cuts sorted.
My garbage bin is a bamboo clothes hamper. Love how big it is so I don’t have to empty it every 5 minutes, but light and easy to shove around the room with me as I work.
These trays from a box of chocolates make a great paint palette, and this envelope moistener you fill with water is a good companion for gelatos.

Ok?  Now  show off the interesting, original and creative things YOU have  “hacked” for your scrap space!  Can be simple or complex, anything you've repurposed.
 Fine Print:

1. Have Fun!
  2. Any questions post here or PM me.
  3. Submit as many entries as you like. You can combine with other challenges if you can figure out how.
  4. Due midnight Saturday January 17 2015.  Add your pix to this thread.   Voting will begin Sunday January 18th and close January 31st 2015.
EDIT: i have deleted the gallery.

Karrie

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

Re: Dec/Jan TWISTED challenge - HACKS
Great challenge. I have a few since I've done my scrap room over twice in six months. It is a constant work in progress. 

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

Oh, this is a great challenge!  I can think of a couple things already!

One little question, can we enter an item we made in a fast scrap for a challenge here?  For instance, we were to decorate some empty TP rolls, but the challenge here would be to show how I use mine in my scrap room?
Kim

Image Image  

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

Great ideas, Karrie! Wonderful challenge!! Image
Image Image ImageImage

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

You are so inventive!!!! Wonderful idea for a challenge!!!!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

sweetsour

Wild Cherry

average_kim wrote:Oh, this is a great challenge!  I can think of a couple things already!

One little question, can we enter an item we made in a fast scrap for a challenge here?  For instance, we were to decorate some empty TP rolls, but the challenge here would be to show how I use mine in my scrap room?
Yep that would count, it's as long as you are using something somehow in your scraproom, and you said you are! 
 Karrie

sweetsour

Wild Cherry

Croppinmama wrote:....I've done my scrap room over twice in six months. It is a constant work in progress. 

Exactly the idea behind this challenge! 

Glad you all are likin it!
 Karrie

Yankeegirl

Cherry Cola

Great challenge!  Already have a couple of items I can show you!  Your ideas are great....I really like the idea of using chocolate liners as a paint palette....can just toss it instead of washing it!  And.....and excuse to eat some chocolates!!  LOL...
I am running away from my responsibilities,
and it feels good!

Kathy

Image  Image  Image Image  Image      

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

This is awesome!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

Here are a couple of things I have done. I was cleaning the cellar and found some old glass kitchen canisters. I used to use them for flour and sugar years ago. I painted the wooden cover and filled one with ribbon and the other with scraps of fabric. Here is a photo.

Here is a tray I made to place my paper scraps on while scrapping. I used two old platters and painted them black then used paper to decoupage it. I painted two terragotta pots and hot glued the trays to them. I leave this on my table and it helps my work space stay cleaner until I have time to put my scraps away. 

ImageImage

sweetsour

Wild Cherry

Great share Lori, I have some shaped jars like that too-love how you can stick your whole hand in there and fish for something!  Especially love the tiered platter you made- the plant pot base for the layers - perfect hack!!
 Karrie

ScrappyDistractions

Cherry Bing

WOW, Karrie!  Is there any thing you can;t re-purpose!  Awesome
Lisa - Scrappy Distractions

ImageImageImage

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

here's one from me - I repurposed some scrapbook packaging - a clear plastic dome, filled it with red hots and made it into Rudolph's nose on a card
also used this for the Christmas card challenge
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

debamas

Wild Cherry

scrappininAK wrote:here's one from me - I repurposed some scrapbook packaging - a clear plastic dome, filled it with red hots and made it into Rudolph's nose on a card
also used this for the Christmas card challenge
So cute! Need to" PIN" this, LOL, for next year! 
Debbie

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

I just uploaded 3 hacks into the gallery. Here they are. Sorry for the weird coloring in the photos. I think I left the camera setting on "snow" Opps!!

The first is my vintage lunchboxes of various things. Fibers in Charlie's Angels (my ACTUAL lunchbox from grade school) and various ephemera in Happy Days.

ImageImage

Nothing fancy - just a shoeholder nailed to the wall to give me some storage. The corner of our bedroom is my scrap area. To the left of the ribbon is our dresser. To the right you can see a bit of my craft table (card table). You can see what a squeeze it is.

Priority mail boxes as paper storage - My plan was to make beautiful brightly colored paper holders but I haven't gone back to do it after 2 years lol. Nor have I progressed from the post-it notes that I put as dividers "for now". I'm sure somebody else could do this much more prettily than this LOL! But it works and that's what counts Image

ImageImage
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

Here are my scraproom hacks!

Altered drink carrier(from Sonic)--I altered this cardboard drink carrier to take supplies when I go to crops, but it became a holder for my hot glue gun and sticks as well as decoupage jars.  I got this idea from another lady at a crop--she had some Cricut cartridges in hers.  It holds a dozen perfectly!

Pantry over door organizer--I got this when I lived in my former house where we didn't have much cabinet space in the kitchen. It held supplies like ziplock bags and wax paper. Now, it's in the scraproom holding jars of washi tape!

Shoe boxes--I use these plastic shoe boxes for almost all my supply storage from adhesive to brads to twine, etc.  This was an idea from my friend.  We had organized our Sunday School supplies in them (we both teach children's classes), and with the cheap price--I think I gave $4 for 5 boxes--I couldn't go wrong with these.  I have plans to cut chalkboard labels and make them prettier, but these address labels work for now (and have for about 3 1/2 years, lol!). 

Ornament storage--use this as Ribbon storage, great for lots of rolls. 

Cutlery organizer--got this as a gift from a friend, but I use it in the scraproom to hold paper straws and pieces to unfinished mini albums. (two photos)

I change some stuff around sometimes, when I don't have as many of certain supplies, or if I start a new obsession . . .

Thanks for the fun challenge!
Kim

Image Image  

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

Here's my last entry!

Decorated these TP tubes a long time ago for a Fast Scrap for a crop here on the ACOT MB. But I use them in my scraproom for holding cords to use with my Cricut and Gypsy.
Kim

Image Image  

ncokely

Cherry Cola

I alter cigar boxes for photo storage.
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

ncokely

Cherry Cola

Washi storage-
1st picture--don't remember where I got the spindles, but they are easy to store on shelf.
2nd pictures--bought these tins for Christmas stocking stuffers and was a little upset to find out how much they cost when I got to the register.  Bought them anyway and now I am glad I did--they are my washi storage when I am going out to a crop!!
ImageImage
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

scrapscot

Cherry Bing

Here are a few "twisted hacks" in my scrapbooking area:  Image ImageImage Image Image

A vegetable holder for my stamps, candy jars from Target and tins for various embellishments, ribbons, etc and those beautiful decorative boxes (find them on sale at Joann's or Michaels or even Tuesday Morning) for groups of embellies and memorabilia for certain pages. I have one for my trip to Boston with stuff I collected and the embellishments I bought for those pages.
Image Charlene

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee