November TWISTED challenge -the Blind Scrap

Moderator: ACOT Employee

sweetsour
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 898

November TWISTED challenge -the Blind Scrap

Post by sweetsour »

I remembered seeing this type of challenge but have never tried it, no one has done one here since I’ve been on board. I guess it’s like a sketch, but no visuals.   
Let’s give it a go! 

Do the 10 steps below one by one, in order.  Some are specific and others are purposely vague so you can figure out your own twists!    Otherwise do and use only what is suggested- preferably from your scrap paper bin.

Exceptions:  Where it says adhere, you can do that however you like – tape it, tie it, staple it.  And ink, stamping, painting etc is free,  if you need it, add it!     
                    Except for step 3, using patterned or plain papers is up to you. 

Normally I want to see your pages right in the thread, but this time,   post only your link to your page in your gallery.   The twist is to not look at the other entries until you have completed yours!  It will be interesting to see how differently everyone had interpreted the instructions and how unique all the entries are. 
Toward the end of the month I will copy and paste them all in the thread.

Ready to try??

1. Choose a photo and crop/print  it to be no larger than  3.5” X 4”
  2. Make a mat for it, then mat it once again, set aside.
  3. Take a piece of double sided patterned paper that you love BOTH sides of, and cut it in half so you have 2 pieces.
  4. Flip one piece over and adhere it back together. This is now your base page.
  5. Choose a piece of paper longer than 8”,  cut/tear/borderpunch off a strip at least 1” wide.  Adhere to your page.
  6. Find another piece of paper –rectangular or other shape–   larger than 6” and adhere on your strip.
  7. Adhere your matted picture on top of the shape.
  8. Place a journal spot on your page, and journal something more than place, date etc.
  9. Choose at least 3 examples of 2 different kinds of embellishments (ie 3+ buttons and 3+ flowers) and place them on your page accordingly.
  10. Title it!
Fine Print:
1. Have Fun!
2. Open to layouts only due to the nature of the challenge, digi-gals can modify the instructions as necessary to take part.
3. Submit as many entries as you like, but I am not sure how you will be able to combine with others this time.
4. Due midnight the last day of the month.  Add your LINK (NOT your page) to this thread, there is no gallery.
5. Winner will be randomly chosen for a $5 ACOT gift certificate from me.

Here is my link: I combo'd with the Scrappy Bag of Tricks - glittery

http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/use ... 8305-ready

Last edited by sweetsour on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Karrie

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2465

Re: November TWISTED challenge -the Blind Scrap

Post by emmapaige »

I participated in something similar a few years ago and it was lots of fun! Can't wait to get started on this challenge!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Sara Scraps
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1385

Post by Sara Scraps »

This looks like fun!...hoping to give it a try.
average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 846

Post by average_kim »

Sounds interesting! !
Kim

Image Image  
Yankeegirl
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1533

Post by Yankeegirl »

I have also done one of these, only the hostess gave out one step each day for a series of days!  It is a LOT of fun, and always interesting to see how many ways one step can be interpreted by scrappers!

If I post a link to my gallery, people can still go and see it, right?  And they can see it in the gallery if they go in to look at pages (I do this so I can leave some love for my fellow scrappers when I can!)......so do I have to select the 'PRIVATE' option to keep others from seeing it in the gallery?  Or not?

Thanks for another fun challenge.....you always keep them fresh!
I am running away from my responsibilities,
and it feels good!

Kathy

Image  Image  Image Image  Image      
shoorn
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 2867

Post by shoorn »

Question - if we post the link here it is in the gallery correct - so people can see it there? Am I missing something?
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image
sweetsour
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 898

Post by sweetsour »

for the questions:
 All I am asking is if you plan on doing it  don't go actively looking at other's pages, until after you upload yours... I understand you might see them without trying if you peruse the gallery quite often, but I don't think it will be as fun if you follow the links and check out the other entries before doing it yourself...  if you are not doing it by all means look all you want!

no you don't have to mark it as private, just maybe not mention directly right away that it's for the "Twisted"
 Karrie

keatonsgtgram
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 822

Post by keatonsgtgram »

I've done a few blind scrap challenges in the past. They are alot of fun. I find it better to have a color scheme in mind when I start. My first page looked like a rainbow had evploded! I'd like to try writing one of my own. It's really a good way to see how well you can relate simple and understandable directions to another person. I'm excited to start working on this fun challenge!
Yankeegirl
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1533

Post by Yankeegirl »

Thanks Karrie, I get it.  I think I am going to make this one tonight, so I won't be tempted, and then I won't have to worry about it.  I won't mark it as this challenge until the end of the month!!  Good idea!   wrote:for the questions:
 All I am asking is if you plan on doing it  don't go actively looking at other's pages, until after you upload yours... I understand you might see them without trying if you peruse the gallery quite often, but I don't think it will be as fun if you follow the links and check out the other entries before doing it yourself...  if you are not doing it by all means look all you want!

no you don't have to mark it as private, just maybe not mention directly right away that it's for the "Twisted"
I am running away from my responsibilities,
and it feels good!

Kathy

Image  Image  Image Image  Image      
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3712

Post by blbabe1234 »

Very neat!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 593

Post by Shutterbug »

This sound cool. BUT, every Challenge is a BLIND Challenge for me! LOL! Image No really I have never done one of these before.  I am excited to try this!
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
karensay
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 240

Post by karensay »

I've never heard of a Challenge like this before.   I read the instructions and the whole process sounds like FUN.

I hope to get some PAGES done this month, I've been working on Christmas Cards and the Tag Swap for quite a while.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper
Daniela D.
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 48

Post by Daniela D. »

This sounds fun. Will have to try it!
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

Sounds fun, but I rarely scrap w/only one photo & never w/one so small (i.e. if I do just use 1 photo it's a 5x7).  I might do one w/multiples just for fun but probably won't do the challenge.  Will be fun to see how everyone's pages look tho!
Image Image
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1053

Post by pawprints »

This is so interesting and so intriguing! It will be so much fun to do it and so much fun to see all the different creations that everyone does with the same instructions. Great challenge!

Image Image Image

StacyLee
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 930

Post by StacyLee »

This sounds very cool!
Stacy

ImageImageImage

MacSarah
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 276

Post by MacSarah »

http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/198020

Interesting challenge.  I am not sure I would have ended up with a page like this if I had been more intent on anything but following the steps.  I do like how it turned out.  My 3 sets of 2 are the brads and the pieces from a epherma pack.

~Sarah~
Christi S.
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1467

Post by Christi S. »

This was so much fun!  This was the challenge I did first.

http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/198025-renzhi-roo

Thank you for looking,
Christi S
~~~~~~~~~~~

Christi_S

Totals for 2016
     Layouts 33
     Cards 42

Totals for 2015
     Layouts 299, Cards 331, Mini Books 5

Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

I"ve done these as a fast scrap before, and done them digitally. They're a blast!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5437

Post by Deanna13 »

Sounds interesting! Image
Image Image ImageImage

Return to “Contests & Challenges”