Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

October 2014 Washi Challenge - WINNERS!!!!
Thank you Cherries for such a wonderful turnout again. I hope these challenges are helping you use your washi more. I used Random.org for both my winners this time. The first place winner of a $5 ACOT gc is #4 - ncokely. I will purchase that right away. The second place winner of a new roll of Washi tape is #32 - emtAimee734 (please PM me your address and I will get that in the mail for you).

Let's get a little more creative this month. This is my most favorite LO I have done with Washi. All the bright colors that you see are Washi Tape. What I did was placed my Washi on a 12x12 piece of white cardstock. Then I gradually cut out my design (the curves of the paper) and then placed it on my LO. By placing the Washi on the white paper, the true colors of the tape came through.

What I want you to do is to get all of your Washi together like I did and make it go totally across your page and also instead of having it straight, be creative and make a design of some sort.

Rules:
  • For Paper, Digi, Hybrid Scrappers and Card Makers.
  • Post to this thread and/or the gallery by midnight October 31 - CST.
  • Multiply entries allowed.
  • I will randomly choose a winner for a $5 ACOT Gift Certificate.
  • May not be combined with any other challenges (let's let that Washi be the star).
  • For an extra chance to win, embellish your Washi like I did.
  • Please have fun with this. There is no right or wrong way to use Washi Tape.
Participants:
  1. Charleneanne
  2. Charleneanne - Embellished Washi
  3. ncokely
  4. ncokely - Embellished Washi
  5. messa09
  6. messa09  - Embellished Washi
  7. Retiree3
  8. Retiree3  - Embellished Washi
  9. MacSarah
  10. MacSarah  - Embellished Washi
  11. CNMommy
  12. CNMommy  - Embellished Washi
  13. scrappinmom99
  14. scrappinmom99 - Embellished Washi
  15.  croppinmama
  16. croppinmama-Embellished Washi
  17. Tammey
  18. Tammey - Embellished Washi
  19. scrapsteph
  20. scrapsteph - Embellished Washi
  21. Joannie
  22. Joannie - Embellished Washi
  23. sweetsour
  24. sweetsour - Embellished Washi
  25. pawprints
  26. pawprints - Embellished Washi
  27. Sara M.
  28. Sara M. - Embellished Washi
  29. Sara M.
  30. Sara M. - Embellished Washi
  31. emtAimee734
  32. emtAimee 734 - Embellished Washi
  33. blfonty
  34. blfonty- Embellished Washi
  35. average_kim
  36. average_kim - Embellished Washi
  37. Christi S
  38. Christi S
  39. Christi S
  40. Christi S
  41. keatonsgtgram
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

MacSarah

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: October 2014 Washi Challenge
Love this, but definitely can't compete with your supply without a shopping spree!
~Sarah~

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

WOW, love that layout!!! Will sure have to play with this one!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

beachlover

Cherry Addict

OMG Mildred, that is the most beautiful LO and what an amazing challenge!  I just hope I have enough washi to do this!!!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

kguercio

Cherry Bing

So cool!  Great design!
****Kelly****

ncokely

Cherry Cola

LOVE this layout--I may have to do a repeating pattern with my washi since I don't have that much!!!Image
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

AWESOME! I super love that layout!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

I've loved your layout since you first did it, and thought of it again as last month Jillian did one like it for the Pinterest challenge.  This is just the push I needed to try this technique!!  Thanks for the challenge!
Kim

Image Image  

Yankeegirl

Cherry Cola

This is so cool...I love your inspirational page!  A great way to use up 'some' of the washi I have amassed!!!! Thanks!
I am running away from my responsibilities,
and it feels good!

Kathy

Image  Image  Image Image  Image      

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

So Beautiful! I will have to go on a shopping spree to do this one! BUT I LOVE IT!

Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

jrrah4903

Cherry Cola

Mildred, I just posted this LO to the gallery on 9/30. I know that it can't be counted now for October Challenge... but do you have a different challenge for me :) How about if I do monotone washi all the way across my page on the white background with it cut in the curve? Any good? Let me know what you think!

- Jillian

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

jrrah4903 wrote:Mildred, I just posted this LO to the gallery on 9/30. I know that it can't be counted now for October Challenge... but do you have a different challenge for me :) How about if I do monotone washi all the way across my page on the white background with it cut in the curve? Any good? Let me know what you think!

Absolutely!!!! That will totally work. It doesn't have to be the same colors as mine, it just has to go across the page with a design to it. I can't wait to see what you come up with. I love the LO that you already did. 
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

What a cool challenge and great way to use washi!!! Love your sample!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

jrrah4903

Cherry Cola

mgehrke wrote:
jrrah4903 wrote:Mildred, I just posted this LO to the gallery on 9/30. I know that it can't be counted now for October Challenge... but do you have a different challenge for me :) How about if I do monotone washi all the way across my page on the white background with it cut in the curve? Any good? Let me know what you think!

Absolutely!!!! That will totally work. It doesn't have to be the same colors as mine, it just has to go across the page with a design to it. I can't wait to see what you come up with. I love the LO that you already did. 

OK, awesome, Thanks!
- Jillian

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

ok here ya go.  I tried to make the washi look like sand, water and sunshine.  I like the effect but if I pulled the washi up to rearrange it straighter, I have had a heck of a time making it stay stuck.  Used lots of glue stick. Image

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

Charleneanne wrote:ok here ya go.  I tried to make the washi look like sand, water and sunshine.  I like the effect but if I pulled the washi up to rearrange it straighter, I have had a heck of a time making it stay stuck.  Used lots of glue stick. Image
Great Job!!! I love the look too. Thank you for doing my challenge. 

ncokely

Cherry Cola

Here's my try---it took me out of my comfort zone!!
The quote is--I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list.
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

ncokely wrote:Here's my try---it took me out of my comfort zone!!
The quote is--I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list.
Wonderful Job!!! I love the extra strip of washi. Thank you for doing my challenge. 

messa09

Cherry Blossom

I had such a blast working on this page. It inspired me to scrapbook the entire stack of pictures from the OZ Run we participated in in May. I used some enamel dots and jewel bling to accent my washi tape shape.

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

Here is my entry.

[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee