June Pet/Animal Challenge 2014

Moderator: ACOT Employee

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 743

June Pet/Animal Challenge 2014

Post by sherelm »

Pet Challenge – June 2014
Feathers, Fins, and shells, OH MY!!  OK here’s a different one.  NO FUR ALLOWED.  I know few of you have feathers, fins, and reptiles, so anything WITHOUT FUR is allowed for pets.  Those without non-fur pets – this is your month to let it go and enjoy the zoo (or you can invest in a goldfish.  One time I heard my favorite comedian, Bobby Collins, say that the best thing about goldfish is they die before you get tired of them). Better yet, go to a pet store and take photos of some "no home" birds or fish, or saltwater creatures!   Anyway.  A little different slant this month.  And since you’ll be at the shore or have shore pictures from last year to scrap – don’t forget the seagulls.  THEY COUNT.  Anything outside will count as well. As long as it doesn't have FUR.  ENJOY!!!
Here’s a sketch for my “sketch gals”. . .   You do not have to use it, but you can if you are like me and love sketches!!  This one intrigued me – you literally can flip any way – and add more pictures or not, and dress it up or not.  Lots of freedom!!

Post here, or in the gallery - I'll make a spot this month.  $5 gift card awarded on July 1!!
joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2449

Re: June Pet/Animal Challenge 2014

Post by joannie »

I have a bird nest on my deck roof that I have been trying to get a photo of their "daddy"! He is so beautiful with a red breast. That would be perfect for this month!! Thanks Sher for the change-up!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm »

joannie wrote:I have a bird nest on my deck roof that I have been trying to get a photo of their "daddy"! He is so beautiful with a red breast. That would be perfect for this month!! Thanks Sher for the change-up!
OH THAT'S PERFECT!! Joannie, I like the way you think!!! Image
StacyLee
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 930

Post by StacyLee »

Great idea! I really like the sketch, too!
Stacy

ImageImageImage

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2463

Post by emmapaige »

Cool challenge! My daughter has two chickens and I gave some photos of them I've wanted to scrap.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Sara Scraps
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1385

Post by Sara Scraps »

I was looking for this challenge! I always look at it, but the pictures I have don't fit. But this month I *hope* I can do it- I have zoo pictures to do- just not sure if I did the furless animals yet or not...Image
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2144

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

I like the sketch, and I just last week took photos of alligators in the causeway, Perfect for this!!!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm »

I like the sketch too.  It's a no brainer, we could have thought it up on our own - but the fact that you can do what you want with it  - GREAT ideas are coming to mind!!

As for the chickens, YEP!!!  I'm sure I'll get some groans from others - but DO NOT FORGET - kids play with dinosaurs (and while some have fur, most don't!) and a host of many other toy animals.  Keep thinking about this - it's not as hard as it seems!!
Before you ask BRANDI - if your puppies have toys of animals with no fur - YES  - go right ahead!  See, I'm thinking ahead of your questions - I think I am, anyway.  lol
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm »

andysmom wrote:I was looking for this challenge! I always look at it, but the pictures I have don't fit. But this month I *hope* I can do it- I have zoo pictures to do- just not sure if I did the furless animals yet or not...Image
You will.  You'll be shocked, just like I am when I look at the photos I take at the zoo.  LOL!
Craftyshannon
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 444

Post by Craftyshannon »

This will get me to scrap our marine boat ride from Florida. I have photos of dolphins, well glimpses of fin really I wasn't fast enough with the camera, and osprey and rays.
Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5433

Post by Deanna13 »

I love that sketch, Sher and I have lots of fishy snorkeling photos I need to get scrapped! Image
Image Image ImageImage
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

I got some really nice pictures of a Baltimore oriole that landed on one of the trees on our campsite this week...eating the orange I put out for it. This challenge will be great for it! Thanks!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Post by blbabe1234 »

very fun!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1369

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Both of my children have had a pet snail that we found outside lol. I need to print out the pictures!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
Berta R.
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 627

Post by Berta R. »

Fun challenge and I like the sketch!
***Berta***
Cherry Blossom

Post by »

Ooh, another fun challenge, and totally do-able from my perspective, even though I don't have any pets!  Thanks!
"If you obey all the rules, you'll miss all the fun."

Kathy
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1786

Post by CarrieG »

fun challenge.......will have to do some digging for pics of our non furry pets of the past!
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm »

Craftyshannon wrote:This will get me to scrap our marine boat ride from Florida. I have photos of dolphins, well glimpses of fin really I wasn't fast enough with the camera, and osprey and rays.
"Parts" of the animals count, too!!!  Fast little buggers aren't they???  Image
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm »

Ayla wrote:I got some really nice pictures of a Baltimore oriole that landed on one of the trees on our campsite this week...eating the orange I put out for it. This challenge will be great for it! Thanks!
I can't wait to see the Baltimore Oriole photo.  I've never seen one live - ever - not in a zoo, or heck, for that matter, in Baltimore!! Not even in Maryland!
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm »

scrappinmom99 wrote:Both of my children have had a pet snail that we found outside lol. I need to print out the pictures!
That's so cool.  That's something my son would have done!! 

Return to “Contests & Challenges”