Post by blfonty »

Scrap about yourself and ???
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

ernstem
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 20

Re: Can You Guess???

Post by ernstem »

Scrapping about ourselves using products in our stash that are "old"??
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3712

Post by blbabe1234 »

ernstem wrote:Scrapping about ourselves using products in our stash that are "old"??

That's exactly what my guess is.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Sandi0805
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2310

Post by Sandi0805 »

If it is old stash, then I should be set. I have stuff back to the early 2000's. Old Chatterbox, CTMH, Basic Grey, MME and Heidi Grace. I really need to use it up and I have been. It's just that I have too much of it. I have even given away 100's of pattern papers to a good friend that is scrapping. Can't wait to see what this challenge is going to be. Sounds exciting.
 Image ImageImage
Claudette
Cherry Tart

Post by Claudette »

I think that your challenge is to create a layout about yourself at a younger age.
debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

I was hoping it was OLD stash cause I've got it! But focus on US? Hmm, I am not my favorite subject and there's no way in H@## I can become NEW again no matter how hard I wish, LOL!
Debbie

beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1747

Post by beachlover »

how your scrappy style has changed - redo an old LO?
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

ernstem
Cherry Cola

Post by ernstem »

maybe a reflection of what we will be like in the future? or a LO to our "younger" self?
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3712

Post by blbabe1234 »

beachlover wrote:how your scrappy style has changed - redo an old LO?

Ooohhhh...LOVE that idea Ann! I've actually done that for a couple of photos.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
JillinIN
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 479

Post by JillinIN »

These are all fantastic guesses and they are giving me ideas!!
No one has guessed it exactly yet so keep guessing!!

I hope you're having as much fun as I am.:-D
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
JillinIN
Cherry Cola

Post by JillinIN »

debamas wrote:I was hoping it was OLD stash cause I've got it! But focus on US? Hmm, I am not my favorite subject and there's no way in H@## I can become NEW again no matter how hard I wish, LOL!
Oh Debbie that's funny. I've been wishing pretty hard with no luck.
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
JillinIN
Cherry Cola

Post by JillinIN »

I love this idea. I'll definately use it for a "twist" on one of my challenges.
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1747

Post by beachlover »

a LO featuring yourself using an older technique (will it be our choice or yours?)
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

DolphinSoul
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 506

Post by DolphinSoul »

I'm definitely going along with everyone else of using old products in a new way and about ourselves. Also thinking graduation just are around so maybe we reflect on how time has passed, etc.
~ Carissa ~

cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 256

Post by cajenkins81 »

blbabe1234 wrote:

Ooohhhh...LOVE that idea Ann! I've actually done that for a couple of photos.
There was a November Crop challenge like that once on here, circa 2009 when I first joined. it was great, It's in my gallery I think. I loved that challenge.

I'm thinking it might be what others have said, use old stash, and scrap pics about us..... could be a makeover page too tho, about a makeover for us? hmm...
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted
jrrah4903
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 649

Post by jrrah4903 »

debamas wrote:I was hoping it was OLD stash cause I've got it! But focus on US? Hmm, I am not my favorite subject and there's no way in H@## I can become NEW again no matter how hard I wish, LOL!

LOL Debbie

I agree, old stash challenge would be good. But a challenge about myself. hmmm not so sure about that, now if it was scrap your opinion about something - I could certainly do well with that!
- Jillian

Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

jrrah4903 wrote:

LOL Debbie

I agree, old stash challenge would be good. But a challenge about myself. hmmm not so sure about that, now if it was scrap your opinion about something - I could certainly do well with that!
Now I disagree. I don't think we scrap about ourselves enough. We tell everyone else's stories.... why shouldn't we tell our own? My mom died when I was a teenager. If she had scrapped about herself, I would know her better! I am trying to do this more for my kids...they might want that in the future!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 256

Post by cajenkins81 »

Ayla wrote:
jrrah4903 wrote:

LOL Debbie

Now I disagree. I don't think we scrap about ourselves enough. We tell everyone else's stories.... why shouldn't we tell our own? My mom died when I was a teenager. If she had scrapped about herself, I would know her better! I am trying to do this more for my kids...they might want that in the future!
This is a very good point! But the problem I run in to, is that no one in my family is as passionate about taking pictures of me or anything, as much as I love to take pics. SO I don't often have many pics with me in them, and if I ask them to take some, they rarely come out - I asked hubs to take a couple pics of me when we went camping for that very reason, but they were around the fire in the dark and you could just see a blob. So yeah. I do have SOME pics tho, but by and large I have more pics of others simply because I'm the photographer and others don't think to take pics of me. But I think it's a great thing to add the memories and the journaling that tells the story, for reasons you have pointed out. I scrap but don't often do the journaling, and I'm realizing that just a few years erases those stories from ourselves, much less having our kids know about them.
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted
ernstem
Cherry Cola

Post by ernstem »

scraplift an old layout with the subject being ourselves? ;)

Return to “Contests & Challenges”