We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

Ayla

Cherry Addict

A new challenge - Because I Can! EDIT WITH WINNER
This is not necessarily part of the monthly challenges, and I didn't get permission, but since it comes from my stash I thought it might be ok.

A friend of mine posts all these wacky holidays on Facebook. For some reason (I have a weird mind that thinks of strange things) it has been running through my head all day. So....I thought I'd offer up a different kind of challenge today. It will actually run until August 5th, one month from today, and in a minute you will see why. The winner, randomly picked by either an offspring or random.org, will receive a goodie package from my stash. Considering my stash is rather extensive, this could be a pretty good package!

So...your challenge is this.... I am listing a bunch of holidays that are obscure yet do exist for July. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to take one of those holidays and scrap about it. It doesn't have to consist of actual photos taken that day, particularly as part of July has already passed, but I think you can figure out a way to connect them. Post your layout or project here, and all paper, digi, all media and form of expression allowed, post it here, by midnight (as long as the post says August 5 or earlier it will count), something based on one of these holidays. Please put in your post what holiday you have chosen and how it impacted your project...I want to see what inspires you!

July 1 - Creative Ice Cream Flavors Day

July 2- I Forgot Day

July 3 - Compliment Your Mirror Day

July 4 - National Country Music Day

July 5 - Work a Holics Days

July 6 - National Fried Chicken Day

July 7 - National Chocolate Day

July 8 - Video Games Day

July 9 - National Sugar Cookie Day

July 10- Teddy Bear Picnic Day

July 11- World Population Day

July 12 - Different Colored Eyes Day

July 13 - Fool's Paradise Day

July 14 - National Nude Day

July 15 - Cow Appreciation Day

July 16 -

July 17 - Yellow Pig Day

July 18 - National Caviar Day

July 19 - National Raspberry Cake Day

July 20 - Ugly Truck Day

July 21 - National Junk Food Day

July 22 - Hammock Day

July 23 - National Hot Dog Day

July 24 - Cousins Day

July 25 - Culinarians Day

July 26 - All or Nothing Day

July 27 - Take Your Pants for a Walk Day

July 28 - National Chocolate Milk Day

July 29 - National Lasagna Day

July 30 - Father In Law Day

July 31 - Mutt's Day

How you interpret these holidays is totally up to you.... I don't even want to give suggestions (although I have some in my head) because I don't want to guide you...I want to see how YOU use these holidays to inspire scrapping!

Have fun!

BTT WITH A WINNER! PLEASE CHECK ON PAGE 3 FOR A WINNER!!!!!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: A new challenge - Because I Can!
LOL! How fun!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Ayla

Cherry Addict

blbabe1234 wrote:LOL! How fun!
Glad you like it!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

love2stamp

Cherry Jubilee

This will be fun and I have the perfect pictures for one of the days. Can't wait!!
ImageImageImageImage

debamas

Wild Cherry

This does sound fun! Thanks, Nancy. I'll see what I can do.
Debbie

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

National Chocolate Day?! NATIONAL CHOCOLATE DAY?!! AWESOME!!!

This is a great and very creative challenge Nancy!!! Love it!!

Now... who is doing a page about National Nude Day? LOL!

ImageImage Image Image  

1grandma

Cherry Addict

This is a really really cool challenge! I love it and i think that i just might give it a try. Thanks for giving it.
Bibi

Ayla

Cherry Addict

pawprints wrote:National Chocolate Day?! NATIONAL CHOCOLATE DAY?!! AWESOME!!!

I've sort of done one before....when Bob mooned me. I just might take this one on again! lol..... :winkb: :winkb:
 Image Image

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

LOL!!!! Your too funny!!!! I refuse to take up THAT DAY!!!! LOL!!!!

But I imagine everyone has pegged me for National Cow Day!!! So which one should I scrap????? Got a hundred cattle to choose from!

Then I love the fact that there's a National Hammock Day!!! Have a photo in the "To Scrap Now Box" of a cute photo with my brothers and a Hammock!!!

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

killarney_rose wrote:

LOL!!!! Your too funny!!!! I refuse to take up THAT DAY!!!! LOL!!!!

But I imagine everyone has pegged me for National Cow Day!!! So which one should I scrap????? Got a hundred cattle to choose from!

Then I love the fact that there's a National Hammock Day!!! Have a photo in the "To Scrap Now Box" of a cute photo with my brothers and a Hammock!!!

Thought of you right away for National Cow Day Kim!

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Ayla wrote:

I've sort of done one before....when Bob mooned me. I just might take this one on again! lol..... :winkb: :winkb:

Ahhhh Nancy... I knew we could count on you! LOL!

ImageImage Image Image  

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

Thanks Nancy!! Wow I didn't know there was a holiday of some sort for almost everyday of July!!
Susan

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Yeah obviously Kim has it easy, lol!

Hmm, we're having a crop on July 14... I don't think we should 'celebrate' tho! ;)
Image Image

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

PezKat wrote:Yeah obviously Kim has it easy, lol!

Hmm, we're having a crop on July 14... I don't think we should 'celebrate' tho! ;)

You mean you don't want to scrap in your birthday suits? LOL!

ImageImage Image Image  

Ayla

Cherry Addict

BTT - don't forget this challenge goes on into August!
 Image Image

Sandi0805

Bowl Full of Cherries

I scanned down the list and have several that I could do. Will have to give this some thought as to which one. Great challenge Nancy.
 Image ImageImage

ernstem

Cherry Cola

ImageI picked July 24th-Cousins Day. I grew up with almost 20 cousins, but my kids (top photo) only have two (so far). And we don't live close by. These photos were taken last July, fitting, right? And they were taken by my cousin shortly after he started his own photography business. We gave him extra practice with families/kids. :-D This page is for DS#1's albums. I did a second one for DS#2 and pretty much looks the same.

scrapscot

Cherry Bing

Hey, cousins day would be a good one to do since I have pics of my new grandbaby with her newest cousin. They were born just a few months apart.
Image Charlene

Ayla

Cherry Addict

ernstem wrote:ImageI picked July 24th-Cousins Day. I grew up with almost 20 cousins, but my kids (top photo) only have two (so far). And we don't live close by. These photos were taken last July, fitting, right? And they were taken by my cousin shortly after he started his own photography business. We gave him extra practice with families/kids. :-D This page is for DS#1's albums. I did a second one for DS#2 and pretty much looks the same.
Love it! Thanks for playing along!!
 Image Image

Ayla

Cherry Addict

scrapscot wrote:Hey, cousins day would be a good one to do since I have pics of my new grandbaby with her newest cousin. They were born just a few months apart.
Looking forward to seeing it!
 Image Image

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee