March Challenge - Digi to Paper/Paper to Digi WINNER!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 846

March Challenge - Digi to Paper/Paper to Digi WINNER!

Post by letumom »

Congratulations to

Susan - Oceanbreezes423!

Random.org chose your entry! Thanks everyone for playing along, I hope you enjoyed this new challenge!

This challenge is open to everyone - digi or paper or bi-scraptual (that's me, I do both!).

The idea is to take inspiration from both directions. If you are a digi gal, find a layout from a paper gal, and lift it! If you are a paper gal, go find a digi layout to lift.

Show us how you are inspired by the paper layout - is it the embellies or clusters - is it the grouping of photos - is it the layers. Describe what made you want to lift that layout!

Since I'm bi-scraptual, I've chosen these two layouts as my inspiration (they were in my saved gallery - that's why they are the inspirations, right). I can't wait to see what you do for this challenge!

Paper to Digi:

• [highlight=#cccccc]Pot of Gold[/highlight][highlight=#cccccc] by [/highlight]SusanZennario - I love the paint spatters on the background paper, and the cut of the doily.
I used Sus Designs Digi kit called Dedicated Love to create this layout. And while most of the elements I lifted from Susan's layout, I did some rearranging. For example, she has the butterfly in the upper right corner, which was the inspiration for the birdcage, but it didn't work on the right side, so I let it hang on the left side of the page. The lady bugs were cut from a dark colored paper from the kit using the cookie cutter tool. Then I filled in the bodies with color taken from the border punch.

Digi to Paper:

• [highlight=#cccccc]The Big One (Mistakes In Motherhood #1)[/highlight][highlight=#cccccc] by [/highlight]-Tracy- - I love the way Tracy used white space, but the photo is still "framed".

Adapting sizes of elements is a little harder in paper than digi, but you can still get the overall effect if you balance the elements involved. While Tracy had a lot more in her cluster around the picture, and lots of journal to "cut her page" in half, I tried to balance my elements by overall weight. The bold graphics on the lower/right side of the layout give the balance to cut the page the in half. I also kept the colors to a minimum, so that the photo and the graphics wouldn't take away from the white space.

[highlight=#e1ebf2]Rules (adapted from Ayla's challenge):[/highlight][highlight=#e1ebf2][/highlight]

*Post both the layout you lifted, and then your layout. And add the inspiration and motivation behind your lift.

[highlight=#e1ebf2]* Post your layout here in this thread, as I do not have the power to create a gallery for it. [/highlight]

[highlight=#e1ebf2]* Paper, digi, and hybrid all can play! [/highlight]

[highlight=#e1ebf2]* Layouts due at 11:59 pm on March 31...lots of time to create! [/highlight]

[highlight=#e1ebf2]* Multiple submissions are accepted, however your name will only be entered once for a random prize. [/highlight]

[highlight=#e1ebf2]*A prize pack from my stash will be awarded to the random winner. If more than 15 participants enter, a second prize pack will be awarded, again in random fashion! [/highlight]

[highlight=#e1ebf2]Any questions? Feel free to ask! [/highlight]
Last edited by letumom on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:41 am, edited 5 times in total.
Laurie

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2146

Re: March Challenge - NEW - Digi to Paper/Paper to Digi

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

what a neat challenge to cross over to both forms of scrapping. I am paper only, and sometimes I forget to check out all the beautiful work in the digi gallery, so this sends me there!!!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
letumom
Cherry Jubilee

Post by letumom »

oceanbreezes423 wrote:what a neat challenge to cross over to both forms of scrapping. I am paper only, and sometimes I forget to check out all the beautiful work in the digi gallery, so this sends me there!!!

Yay! That's exactly the response I was hoping to get with this challenge!
Laurie

Sandi0805
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2310

Post by Sandi0805 »

This is great for me. I have quite a few digi layouts saved to do on paper. Great challenge to get me going. Thanks Laurie.
 Image ImageImage
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

Great challenge, thanks!
Image Image
MimaScraps/Lori
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 1153

Post by MimaScraps/Lori »

Thanks! Great challenge!
Lori aka "Mima"
Cherish Every Moment; Then Scrap Each One!
and
Sweet Spot Designs!!
txbelle26
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 232

Post by txbelle26 »

Great challenge!
~Jeanne~

*There's two kinds of people in this world,
those that can focus and those that HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!

HCayH
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 367

Post by HCayH »

I chose this layout by emjay704. I love the clean white background, bright colors, and how the photos are grouped:
http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery_vie ... 52,,157572

I thought it would be easy to translate to paper but I had a little trouble because I really liked the lines around her photos and with the size of mine I couldn't mat the photos easily so I drew lines with pen instead. Anyway, here's my translation:

http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery_vie ... ,2,,157732

I also forgot to put a title on my page and I didn't realize that until I went to upload it here... Guess I'll go back and do that ;)
SAHM of 4- 2 girls and 2 boys! (and one very spoiled dachshund)
FairyMouseMom
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 943

Post by FairyMouseMom »

It is always neat to scraplift this way!
Egle ~ Let the things you love be your escape. ~
I am addicted to alphabets!....and papers.....and....

Image Image Image
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

I was so excited about this one! Once I started playing with these photos, of course I had to use the cheetah paper. I wanted to feature my large photo plus the cheetah's face on the paper, so I got the idea to slide the paper partially off the bottom layer like I'd seen in several digi layouts! From there I just had to find one and voila!

Here's what I lifted:

And mine:

Image Image
letumom
Cherry Jubilee

Post by letumom »

HCayH wrote:I chose this layout by emjay704. I love the clean white background, bright colors, and how the photos are grouped:
http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery_vie ... 52,,157572

I thought it would be easy to translate to paper but I had a little trouble because I really liked the lines around her photos and with the size of mine I couldn't mat the photos easily so I drew lines with pen instead. Anyway, here's my translation:

http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery_vie ... ,2,,157732

Great job on your lift, Heather! It's not that you have to be exact, but that you got some inspiration!

I also forgot to put a title on my page and I didn't realize that until I went to upload it here... Guess I'll go back and do that ;)
Laurie

letumom
Cherry Jubilee

Post by letumom »

PezKat wrote:I was so excited about this one! Once I started playing with these photos, of course I had to use the cheetah paper. I wanted to feature my large photo plus the cheetah's face on the paper, so I got the idea to slide the paper partially off the bottom layer like I'd seen in several digi layouts! From there I just had to find one and voila!

Here's what I lifted:

And mine:

Cool lift! I can see why you would want that feature to be so prominent! Great job!
Laurie

Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

I would love to do a paper lift of a digital layout but as I don't have any of my stuff organized since moving to the basement, I don't have any clue where half my stuff is! But I will DEFINITELY do one in digital!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

sadie_mae
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 156

Post by sadie_mae »

Imagehttp://www.acherryontop.com/i/gallery2/230407-490.jpgs Digital layout by Lindsey that I transformed to paper.
Imagehttp://www.acherryontop.com/i/gallery2/231022-490.jpg and Here's mine. Love how this came out. thx
letumom
Cherry Jubilee

Post by letumom »

sadie_mae wrote:Imagehttp://www.acherryontop.com/i/gallery2/230407-490.jpgs Digital layout by Lindsey that I transformed to paper.
Imagehttp://www.acherryontop.com/i/gallery2/231022-490.jpg and Here's mine. Love how this came out. thx

Wow! Love it! You did an awesome job capturing all of the different layers!
Laurie

AmyTeets
Digital Designers
Gallery: 368

Post by AmyTeets »

Great challenge!
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!
joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2449

Post by joannie »

Here is mine! Image

I lifted a digi layout from Mimascraps called Swamp Pop Music Festival.
http://http//www.acherryontop.com/galle ... ,0,,157901
Last edited by joannie on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 439

Post by -Tracy- »

OMGosh!! I come back to peep in on y'all and find one of my layouts in a challenge!! Image How freakin cool is that?!
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.
letumom
Cherry Jubilee

Post by letumom »

-Tracy- wrote:OMGosh!! I come back to peep in on y'all and find one of my layouts in a challenge!! Image How freakin cool is that?!

I love seeing what you come up with in your layouts. Always an inspiration for me....Image
Laurie

letumom
Cherry Jubilee

Post by letumom »

joannie wrote:Image

Joannie,

Too cool! I love how you brought the circle into play from your lifted layout - with the buttons to create the interest in the circle. If I didn't know better based on your supply list, I would have thought yours was the digi layout! Great job.
Laurie

Return to “Contests & Challenges”