AUGUST 2008 Creative Team CHALLENGES

Moderator: ACOT Employee

FairyMouseMom
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 943

AUGUST 2008 Creative Team CHALLENGES

Post by FairyMouseMom »

OK, I cannot believe it is August already!  Can you?  School here will be starting in a few short weeks.  My how the summer has flown by, if you ask me.  Hopefully, it may slow down enough so that you take on some of this month's challenges put together for you by ACOT's Creative Team Members!!!
Have fun and we cannot wait to see what you create!!!!

Remember, random point winners are drawn at the beginning of the following month....and one layout only gets you one entry into that drawing (no matter how many "challenges" you can complete with that one layout). *****

AD INSPIRATION CHALLENGE by MamaK321 (Kristianne)

Inspiration:  the act of influencing or suggesting opinions : to draw forth or bring out : an inspiring agent or influence

Ad inspiration is like a step up from sketches. There is a basic sketch that you can pull out and use on your own layout but there are also a few other pieces to take inspiration from such as colors, patterns, title or keywords, theme, font styles, and element placement. You can copy a design straight from the ad or you can alter a design to fit your own layout. Most ads are 8.5x11" but you can adapt the design to fit any size. Remember, this is not a sketch and you are not required to follow every detail. The key is to really LOOK at the ad and find the pieces that INSPIRE you!

THIS CHALLENGE LAYOUT:  Paper or Digital
CARD CHALLENGE by bluejeans7 (Angela)
I love to make "thinking of you" cards so that I can send one off to a friend or loved one just to let them know that I've been thinking about them.  So why don't you brighted someone's day by creating a "thinking of you" card to send them.  I also want you to embellish your card with some pretty ribbon and buttons!

COLOR CHALLENGE by Art_Teacher (Laura)
Summer is coming to an end for those of us who have to return to school, so I thought a challenge that bridges summer and fall together would be appropriate.  Therefore, the colors this month are those found in nature:  greens and browns.  Your challenge is to do a layout primarily in green and brown, and if you feel like lightening the palette, throw a little yellow or pink in there, too!  These colors will be great to capture those camping trips, picnics, walks in the woods, or even playing in the backyard!  They can also be used for both summer and fall pictures, so you can see why these are among the favorites in my scrappy colors.

EXTRACTION CHALLENGE by bamablue (Glenda)
Extract some or all of your photo!

Here's a TUTORIAL!!!

FAITHBOOKING CHALLENGE by Keling (Sara)
Who is your Mt. Rushmore?
I recently got this idea for a faithbooking challenge after listening to a sermon on the radio. Just as we remember the importance of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Teddy Roosevelt and Abe Lincoln in the history of the United States, as they are portrayed on Mt. Rushmore, we need to remember and celebrate those people who have played significant roles in our lives. They could be a parent or grandparent, a teacher or coach, a pastor or Sunday School teacher, or even someone you have never met - who's words have changed your life.

JOURNALING CHALLENGE by Mommybruno (Cassandra)
By the Book
I've been reading since I was three, and books have always been a big part of my life. Still are!  I've done some other layouts on this topic, but never focusing on one series/character.  And my first, favorite character was Trixie Belden, teen sleuth!  Since books are so heavy on my mind these days (darn you, Stephanie Meyer!!) I challenge you to scrap a book.  Do you have a favorite book?  A favorite fictional character?  A series that you can't live without?  Tell me all about it! I can't wait to see your layouts...just as soon as I finish this chapter...

MANUFACTURER CHALLENGE by 4peasinourpod (Pam)
This month we are showcasing the colorful and fun CLOUD 9!  They have an variety of papers and embellishments for every subject matter...and you can use ANY line that you want.  Our CT recently had a reveal using them, and they totally ROCKED it!

Here is my example, using the beautiful Resort line, one of Cloud 9’s older releases.

Please put your completed layouts in the challenge category!  Have fun!

THIS CHALLENGE LAYOUT:  Paper
ONE WORD CHALLENGE by nun69 (Angie)
It's all about the "MAGIC" this month... Use any form of the word "MAGIC."

OUTSIDE YOUR BOX CHALLENGE by suslvgeo (Susan)
This month my challenge to you is to use a transparency. I know I have tons of them, but never use them. I am not sure why. I love the way they look...but just seem to collect them instead of use them. For me they are definitely outside my box. Cannot wait to see what you come up with for this challenge!

PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE by nun69 (Angie)
Okay, let's see those "CELEBRATION" photos...whether it be celebrating life, the weather, your kids, your pets, etc...ANYTHING that is worth celebrating!

We just celebrated a birthday in July, so it was ALL ABOUT cake!

SKETCH CHALLENGE  by 4peasinourpod (Pam) and Laura Fiore (Laura)
This month we decided to switch it up a little, and pick one sketch, but have two CT members create layouts.  This shows you the versatility of sketches, and how the same sketch given to two different people can look totally unique!

Here is the sketch from pencillines.com

Image   Image

We can't wait to see what you come up with!

SKETCH CHALLENGE 2 by milmomma (Brittney)
For this sketch challenge I wanted to dare you to use two different size photos. You can flip/rotate the sketch as you wish, even add or take away things.

STRETCH YOUR IMAGINATION CHALLENGE by mayerkt (Karin)
Take a photo and make it stretch from edge to edge!  Top to bottom, side to side - it doesn't matter how!  It’s a great way to draw attention to your main photo and really make it take center stage!

SUPPLY LIST CHALLENGE by Beth-W (Beth)
For the August Supply List Challenge, create a LO using decorative edge paper, a distressing tool and felt.

THIS CHALLENGE LAYOUT:  Paper
THEME CHALLENGE by Laura Fiore (Laura)
The challenge should read: Who doesn't long to be swept away from her / his everyday life once in a while? This month's theme is “Take Me Away”...like that old Calgon commercial. Whether it be a soak in the tub, an exotic vacation, or some other marvelous restful moment, share it with us in a layout where you would most like to be taken away.

TRENDS & TECHNIQUES CHALLENGE by katarria (Kathy)
This month's challenge is to cluster your embellishments on a layout.  I used flowers for my example, but you can cluster just about anything!  Browse the gallery if you need inspiration; I've seen a lot of great clusters lately!

WHO AM I CHALLENGE by mkcdaisy (Amanda)

So while taking a Girl Scout training I had to write a Who I Am poem and thought it would be great to use for a challenge.  You need to write your own Who I Am poem and then scrap it.
Ex : I am a scrapper.  I am a daugther, granddaughter, sister, cousin and friend.

Requirements:
Must have at least 12 “I Ams”
Must use your picture on the page
Must include a flower somewhere on the page

[/size]
Egle ~ Let the things you love be your escape. ~
I am addicted to alphabets!....and papers.....and....

Image Image Image
emarie803
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 691

Re: AUGUST 2008 Creative Team CHALLENGES

Post by emarie803 »

Wonderful challenges! Can't wait to get started on them!!!
Jeanne Marie's Scraps
Digital Designers
Gallery: 433

Post by Jeanne Marie's Scraps »

Great challanges I hope I get to take pics for the celebraye challange this weekend!
genggay
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 93

Post by genggay »

time really flies so fast...every beginning of the month i look forward to ACOT challenge...
anazelia
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 803

Post by anazelia »

Wow you all are FAST.  Love the sketch challenges.  But I have a question on the transperancy challenge.  Can it be any size transperancy?  I have some quote transperancies that I need to use.  Is that sufficient?
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 439

Post by -Tracy- »

anazelia I'm sure that would be just fine. :) Have fun!
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.
ajsmom
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 167

Post by ajsmom »

Some great challenges...I"m going to get started today!!  I have lots of ideas swimming around in my head!!  thanks ladies!
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1749

Post by beachlover »

great challenges!  so glad there are two sketches this month, that July one was the first I ever tried and it was such an inspiration to me!  have a family party next weekend so hopefully they will be their usual hammy selves and I can get lots of pics!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

dianagirly
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 812

Post by dianagirly »

Oooh! I think I will be doing all of these this month! Great challenges ladies!
suslvgeo
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 517

Post by suslvgeo »

anazelia wrote: Wow you all are FAST.  Love the sketch challenges.  But I have a question on the transperancy challenge.  Can it be any size transperancy?  I have some quote transperancies that I need to use.  Is that sufficient?

Hey there!! Yes it can be ANY size transparency! Cannot wait to see what you all come up with!!
SUS ImageImageImage
wahoo_mom
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 195

Post by wahoo_mom »

Great challenges!  Spending the day scrapping so I even get to get started on them.  Thank you!
Heidi
Image ImageImageImage
mommy2bean
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 144

Post by mommy2bean »

Awesome challenges ladies!!
Jenn Kellams
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 402

Post by Jenn Kellams »

Love these challenges!  Can't wait to get started!
Jennifer K.
Personal Blog
craftyfool
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 247

Post by craftyfool »

YAY!  More challenges!!! :-D
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

Post by MOM2SNOX »

Woot! Those are awesome challenges!!

And Cassandra ~ I have EVERY single book in the Trixie Belden series! She was totally my favorite growing up and my mother would punish me by taking them away since I loved to read them over and over again!!!
MLee
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 404

Post by MLee »

These are so fantastic this month!!!! I have wanted a challenge to force me to use some transparencies - I have a MILLION!!!!!

I'm also so glad that you included an extraction tut - thank you!!!

WHOO HOO - I cannot wait to get started!!!

ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 561

Post by ScrapGoo »

Yay!!  The first of the month is always one of my favorite days because of these challenges!
evilqueen
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 555

Post by evilqueen »

I can't wait to get started.  I love to do sketches and two this month.  Wow!
Here I come to save the day! Chas
I'm the crazy lizard lady
http://scrapinlizards.blogspot.com/

scrapsakes
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 451

Post by scrapsakes »

can't wait to do these to jumpstart my
scrapping after our move, THX ladies!
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)
bellaconsmom
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 237

Post by bellaconsmom »

awesome challenges, ladies! 

Return to “Contests & Challenges”