We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

lisn2cats

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: September Picture Yourself Challenge
I don’t usually like photos of myself, but this one I kinda do. I had just moved into a new neighborhood and my neighbor/apt manager was taking me around, introducing me to his group of friends who also lived in the area. When I look at the mid-20s me, I miss the carefree spirit (no mortgage, no ambitious career ladder-climbing yet, flirtatiousness, and that live-for-the-moment lifestyle. However, in exchange, I’ve gained financial stability, self-confidence, and self-awareness.
Image  ImageImageImageImage

MaganL

Cherry Picker

I'm hoping you'll let this slide even though I'm not alone in the photo.  My subject matter is that, the thing I miss, is going to rock shows with my friends.  This is the only photo I can find, and my friend and I are outside the venue after the concert.

combined with Grab 5

mizz_kitty21

Cherry Picker

Layout created for the september picture yourself challenge.

Total points for team Kittycat: 9 (ACOT challenges [picture yourself, bi-monthly + 100 papers], upload, premade title, Nuvo [subbed with enamel dots], flowers, circles [brads], Thickers).
Add some sparkle to your life :)

- Henriette

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

Your layout is gorgeous, as are you now and then! I totally hear you on the 21yo body pre-C-sections and having enough energy to do whatever you want! Being a redhead, I never wore a bikini but being a redhead is my focus here. I miss my thick natural red hair. (now it comes from a bottle, boohoo LOL) Oh and also the amount of TIME I had to spend on big hair styling LOL! This is me at 17 in 1988.

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

beachlover

Cherry Addict

combined with 1, 3, 5, 7
something from my youth that I have really missed is having a swimming pool.  The whole time growing up, we always had a pool, even learned to swim in our own pools as we grew up.  I was in my 30's and would either take a swim or put my feet in the water nearly every day on my lunch hour.  Finally dad said he could not keep up with it anymore.  All my siblings had pools except for me.  Out of the 3 of them, only my one sister let me swim in her pool, so I would watch her kids asmuch as possible and alot of the nieces and nepews would come over to hang out and have fun.  My sister was fine with that because I always left her house as clean as it had been.  She often laughed that she could not tell znyone had been there!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

aheatfan wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2024 4:07 pm
Thanks to everyone that participated, I really do love reading your stories. The winner as selected by the wheel of names is...scrappinmom99. Will send your gift card shortly  😊

Posting a few days early as we are headed out on a little getaway. 

Welcome to the September 2024 month of this challenge - month 15, I am not sure how many more months this will run but it has been fun so far. I really did not think I would be able to make it run this long. I love looking at your unique stories about YOU. If you are new here, this challenge came about after a conversation with my 22 year old son about a certain event and how I did not want to include a "bad' picture of myself. He then asked that I include more of myself in our books. It occurred to me that we, the scrappers are usually behind the camera and often fail to scrap ourselves - this is a means to remedy that. 

Sooooo....in light of that, this challenge is to get YOU in your albums, your kids albums, your grandkids albums, they want to see/hear YOU!!!   

Sometimes the topics come to me easily, sometimes not so much.  I am short on time with the opening of schools so I was having a hard time coming up with something until I completed Rebecca's Where in the World Challenge with pictures that have been on my desk for an eternity!! I wanted to scrap this so my boys could see that I did not always look like just their Mom!!

It got me to thinking.....what is something that you had in your youth that you no longer have but wish you did.  It can be something you took for granted, that you thought you would always have or something you had and lost along the way.  For me... it is this 21 year old body.  After delivering two 9  pound babies via C-section, my bikini days are loooong over. I miss this body that could wear something like that, that was without countless aches, pains and wrinkles.  The body that had boundless energy to do whatever I wanted. 

So your challenge is to create a layout based on something you had in your youth that you no longer have but wish you did. For this challenge I am  *NOT * talking about loved ones...I am talking about something specifically unique to you - it can be something big or something small and silly just NOT the loss of a loved one.  There must be a picture of YOU and ONLY you on the layout. 

Here is my example:

Must be a new layout, paper or digital, single or double page. Layouts only.
You can combine with ONE other challenge that allows it.  
Limit ONE entry.  THERE MUST BE A PICTURE OF YOU AND ONLY YOU ON THE LAYOUT.Please link your work here. Deadline is September 30, 2024. A random winner from all entries done correctly will be selected for a $5.00 ACOT gift card from me.

🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee