Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

Re: NEW CHALLENGE ALERT! Where In the World Is...
hsblair wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:01 am
Thanks for the challenge to pull out some old NOLA pictures.  My inspiration is their famous beignets!  I think the circle paper is made up of fleur-de-lis patterns. Combined with the title challenge.

I love the use of green since it's what I think of when I think of Cafe du Monde (well besides the beignets and coffee!  The design of this page is definitely eye catching with the circles too!
Thanks for playing along with my challenge this month!
Rebecca

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

seastar wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:58 pm
My niece when she lived and taught autistic children in New Orleans, She joined the Nola Cherry Bombs who danced in many parades. So proud of her.

What a fun layout!  I love all of the colors and the fun pictures!  I love the "hidden" fleur de lis (kinda like hidden Mickey's at Disney) - and of course the cute cherry embellishments to tie it all together!!
Great job playing along with my challenge this month!
Rebecca

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

MaganL wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:05 am

We went to the Legends concert in Branson, MO and these Blues Brothers impersonators were there...so fun! Blues originated in New Orleans out of the jazz movement. That was my inspiration. 

combined with Maufacturers with a twist

I love that you were inspired by the music for this layout!  And wow - amazing how you got so many pictures on the 2 pager!  The colors are all fun and remind me of the bright colors in New Orleans as well!
Rebecca

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

disneydarling wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:43 pm
Officially started my NOLA album!!

I love the beautiful tones in this layout!  The flowers remind me of magnolias - and the fleur de lis is perfect for the center!  I love how your title reminds me of the tile work they use for street names too!
Wonderful job with the challenge this month!!
Rebecca

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

Aztam wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:58 pm
Ode to the Saints
I love the use of the big picture on this layout!  And the Saints gold and black work so well with this graduation layout!

Rebecca

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

ScrappyRN74 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 11:24 am
So when I think of New Orleans, the French Quarter is what pops into my mkind. When I was just in Paris, France I learned that Paris is divided into quarters as well. In the Latin Quarter, we stopped at the Shakespeare & Company bookstore. I did add in a little banner with Fleur de Lis decoration on the library card journaling spot.

I didn't realize that Paris was divided into quarters as well!  I love all of the library elements on here and how you were able to get lots of pictures on this!  The colors really make the pictures pop!

Rebecca

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

blfonty wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 5:34 pm
I do not remember the series, but definitely found New Orleans inspiration at a local restaurant. The French Market Creperie and Cafe and used their logo wth a Fleur and an embossing border punch with Fleurs for the BONUS. So FUN! Combined with June 3-in-a-Row.

What a super cute place!  I love the french inspiration!  And the fleur de lis border punch is a great addition for this page!

Rebecca

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

lilkoala3 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:45 pm
Growing up in Houston, we always ate king cake during Mardi Gras. So that inspired me scrapbooking photos of cake. King cake has sanding sugar in mardi gras colors on it, like the cake in my photo. And I used stickles on my page to mimic the look of sanding sugar.

This is super cute!  I love the title and the fun colors!  And the Stickles are great!  I love how you found inspiration in the cake - King cake was one of our favorite things we sampled!

Rebecca

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

Retiree3 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:03 pm
ImageImage

I love the colors - definitely inspired by New Orleans and Mardi Gras!  And all of the bling and sequins are great!  Love the fleur de lis embellishments as well!

Rebecca

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

Breauxlabs wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:33 pm
This one was easy for me. This is what I think if when I think of our once beautiful city. Its over-run with crime now but these oaks will outlast the thugs. Taken as the trees were getting their yearly trim.  I used a silver Fleur de lis on my tag. 

I love the picture! These trees are some of my favorite things to see in the city.  I love the muted tones and the nature inspired elements.  The fleur de lis on the tag is beautiful as well!

Rebecca

Breauxlabs

Sweet Cherry Pie

For this one I combined with June Music. This is a very popular NOLA restaurant- Landry’s located on Lake Pontchartrain. You can arrive by boat or car. Fleur De Lis on right side between 2 pics.

Kim Breaux
ImageImage

hsblair

Cherry Bing

Here is my second entry.  My inspiration is all the French Quarter buildings we walked by.  I kind of went crazy with the fleur-de-lis since I had pulled out everything I could find.  There are 3 different versions - the border strip, the metal one above the title, and I used a stencil to mist the background.
Image    Image
Image Image Image Image

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

Breauxlabs wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:44 am
For this one I combined with June Music. This is a very popular NOLA restaurant- Landry’s located on Lake Pontchartrain. You can arrive by boat or car. Fleur De Lis on right side between 2 pics.

The colors are absolutely stunning on this layout!  I love all of the little embellishments as well.
Thanks for playing along with my challenge again this month!
Rebecca

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

hsblair wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:39 am
Here is my second entry.  My inspiration is all the French Quarter buildings we walked by.  I kind of went crazy with the fleur-de-lis since I had pulled out everything I could find.  There are 3 different versions - the border strip, the metal one above the title, and I used a stencil to mist the background.
ImageImage

Love love love the stencil/mist on this one!  And the French Quarter letters remind me of the tiles that have the street names on the sidewalks!  What a great way to scrap the fun sights!
Thanks for playing along again this month!
Rebecca

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Bomb

Here's one from me!  We were in NOLA before & after a cruise we took earlier this year that left out of the port there. We came across this sign painted on a random building while we were out exploring the neighborhood near our VRBO. It seemed like a perfect "Kodak Moment" spot! Our cruise was just after Mardi Gras and the entire town was still decorated with banners and beads. For the bonus I've included many fleur de lis!!

Greetings form NOLA
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford

ImageImageImageImageImage

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

Karyn_Sue wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:11 pm
Here's one from me!  We were in NOLA before & after a cruise we took earlier this year that left out of the port there. We came across this sign painted on a random building while we were out exploring the neighborhood near our VRBO. It seemed like a perfect "Kodak Moment" spot! Our cruise was just after Mardi Gras and the entire town was still decorated with banners and beads. For the bonus I've included many fleur de lis!!

ImageGreetings form NOLA

I love all of the New Orleans themed embellishments on this layout!  And this is a PERFECT Kodak moment!
Thanks for playing along this month!
Rebecca

AnneMichelle

Cherry Blossom

For my layout, I felt the rich colors as well as the flashy background is what I would find in New Orleans. I added some Fleur de lis to try and bring it together more.

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

AnneMichelle wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:06 pm
For my layout, I felt the rich colors as well as the flashy background is what I would find in New Orleans. I added some Fleur de lis to try and bring it together more.

I love how the photos jump off the page on this one!  And the fleur de lis really tie the layout together!  
Great job with the challenge this month!
Rebecca

Aztam

Cherry Bing

Mardi Gras colors
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

Aztam wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:12 pm
Mardi Gras colors

Love the fun crafty embellishments and how the Mardi Gras colors match the pictures so well!  

Rebecca

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee