Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: NSD Hostesses Challenge
tmp718 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:14 am
The first layout I posted here at ACOT...

The last layout I posted here at ACOT that was not a lift
Check out those rounded corners and layers! I too remember dressing up the alphas!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

StacyLee

Cherry Garcia

blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:50 am
StacyLeeD wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:53 am
Here's the oldest layout I have saved in my gallery here at ACOT.  It's from 2014 but I've been scrapbooking since 2001 after my son was born.  I think it's still a really good reflection on how my style has definitely changed!  I'd say my style now is much cleaner, and linear, with more white space.  I used to scrap in a more rustic style and many of my layouts were bulky with lots of texture like this one.  

And here is my most recent layout.  This is so interesting looking at how my style and preferences have changed in 10 years!

That first layout is gorgeous though! Love the beautiful papers and textures. 
Thank you Brandy!  I noticed after I posted that one thing that hasn't changed is I still love to sew a border with my sewing machine LOL

Stacy

ImageImageImage

StacyLee

Cherry Garcia

blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:52 am
tmp718 wrote:

Check out those rounded corners and layers! I too remember dressing up the alphas!

Oh my goodness, yes the corner rounder punch!! I had 2 sizes....I'm sure I still have them!  I should use them more.  Beautiful pages  :greeninlove:
Stacy

ImageImageImage

StacyLee

Cherry Garcia

blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:48 am
Okay...so I dug deep thru my albums of 8 1/2 x 11, as that is what I started with and pulled out my "FRIENDS" album which I knew was my first one. I was so afraid to mess up family photos when I first started so I thought I'd "practice" with my photos of my friends. LOL.

I started scrapping in May 2009 and didn't start posting to the gallery until August 2010.

So...here it is...my First Ever Scrapbook Page 😂 😂  Freshman year in High School. 1994.
As you can see...nothing matches. Nothing really goes together. The journaling block is in a very odd, weird shape. THe photos and stickers threw up on the paper and landed wherever. The paper is super thin and in a weird pattern. Light green with random circles? This would be the definition of total chaos. 😂 😂

Fast forward 15 years. I tend to start off with a solid cardstock background and then add pattern paper. I make sure things GO TOGETHER. I do perfer collections where you know the papers match the embellies and vice versa. I also LOVE me some white space. And my subject is easy on the eyes too. Who wants to give Miss Penny Lane kisses?! :greeninlove:

Look at sweet Penny Lane!  Brandy are those stickers on your older page from MAMBI?  I remember buying so many of those when I was first scrapping.  I had some with little stick figures of kids and images that look a lot like those. 
Stacy

ImageImageImage

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

StacyLeeD wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:25 am
blbabe1234 wrote:
Okay...so I dug deep thru my albums of 8 1/2 x 11, as that is what I started with and pulled out my "FRIENDS" album which I knew was my first one. I was so afraid to mess up family photos when I first started so I thought I'd "practice" with my photos of my friends. LOL.

I started scrapping in May 2009 and didn't start posting to the gallery until August 2010.

So...here it is...my First Ever Scrapbook Page 😂 😂  Freshman year in High School. 1994.
As you can see...nothing matches. Nothing really goes together. The journaling block is in a very odd, weird shape. THe photos and stickers threw up on the paper and landed wherever. The paper is super thin and in a weird pattern. Light green with random circles? This would be the definition of total chaos. 😂 😂

Fast forward 15 years. I tend to start off with a solid cardstock background and then add pattern paper. I make sure things GO TOGETHER. I do perfer collections where you know the papers match the embellies and vice versa. I also LOVE me some white space. And my subject is easy on the eyes too. Who wants to give Miss Penny Lane kisses?! :greeninlove:

Look at sweet Penny Lane!  Brandy are those stickers on your older page from MAMBI?  I remember buying so many of those when I was first scrapping.  I had some with little stick figures of kids and images that look a lot like those.  

I believe so. I know that MAMBI was all the rave. I too had some those little stick figures.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

karen c.

Cherry Bing

So very generous of you for this challenge. Here is one of my first layouts of my HS graduation that I did in 2002. Can't believe it was 55 years ago that I graduated!

And here is more recent LO I did.
ImageImageImage          ImageImage

Sandi0805

Bowl Full of Cherries

This is so sweet of you Kim.  

This is one of my first layouts from my gallery.  I bought the title from a LSS and luckily had papers that matched.  Pics of my grandkds playing n the rain (heaviest rain we've ever had) at Magic Kingdom the summer of 2009.  I don't use ribbon anymore (maybe ric rac).  

And here is one of my latest layouts.  I love layering, distressing (inking) and double mattng of my photos,

Image ImageImage

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:51 am
VickiR wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:02 am
Here's one I made 24 years ago and my most recent LO.  I must say that not only has my style evolved so has craft supplies...the papers, embellishments, tools.  Still a passion and favorite pastime.

Breaking PointImageImageChurroImage

Love the change from first layout to most recent. Gotta love all the pink though in the first one! 
Thanks, yes her cast was pink both times!

ImageImage

shoorn

Cherry Cola

This is so generous of you! 

I didn't take pictures of my first album in 2005 but this LO done in 2007 of our visit to Pearl Harbor in 2006 is representative of that style. Pretty much cs, pps, brads

Here is a single page LO I recently did. Adding inking, wood veneers, washi, ephemera, stickers and enamel dots to my embellies
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image

hsblair

Cherry Bing

How nice of you to share, and what a fun challenge!  These are my absolute first pages I did with a Creative Memories consultant way back when. Surprisingly, I don't hate them.  Did someone say "sticker sneeze"?? 
ImageImage
and here is a recent one that I designed myself.  I am a huge scraplifter and user of sketches, so it's not often that I throw together a layout without inspiration from anything else, but this was one of them.

Image Image Image Image

Breauxlabs

Sweet Cherry Pie

StacyLeeD wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:53 am
Here's the oldest layout I have saved in my gallery here at ACOT.  It's from 2014 but I've been scrapbooking since 2001 after my son was born.  I think it's still a really good reflection on how my style has definitely changed!  I'd say my style now is much cleaner, and linear, with more white space.  I used to scrap in a more rustic style and many of my layouts were bulky with lots of texture like this one.  

And here is my most recent layout.  This is so interesting looking at how my style and preferences have changed in 10 years!

You can definitely see the difference but I love both! I love the texture and layers and also simple…great pages! 
Kim Breaux
ImageImage

Breauxlabs

Sweet Cherry Pie

VickiR wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:02 am
Here's one I made 24 years ago and my most recent LO.  I must say that not only has my style evolved so has craft supplies...the papers, embellishments, tools.  Still a passion and favorite pastime.

Breaking PointImageImageChurroImage

Perfect representation of times change! I must say I do love that pop of pink in the first one! Your second is so bright and cheerful!
Kim Breaux
ImageImage

Breauxlabs

Sweet Cherry Pie

tmp718 wrote:

I love that you’ve always used paper as the main item! This also shows how much paper design has changed. I’m saving #2, I absolutely love it and will scraplift :) 
Kim Breaux
ImageImage

Breauxlabs

Sweet Cherry Pie

blbabe1234 wrote:

Absolutely different! But your first is still really cute! Its girls having fun! LOVE #2 and adding to my faves to scraplift! Sending many kisses to Miss Penny Lane! 

Kim Breaux
ImageImage

Breauxlabs

Sweet Cherry Pie

seastar wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:51 am
So very generous of you for this challenge. Here is one of my first layouts of my HS graduation that I did in 2002. Can't believe it was 55 years ago that I graduated!

And here is more recent LO I did.

Big difference between the 2 but I do love all the ribbon in the first! The second is gorgeous!!! 
Kim Breaux
ImageImage

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

That was the first I loaded here, in 2009! Very simple, very comfortable!! lol
Here is the latest one I posted. Using cut files, not so "square", I think I am becoming more comfortable with my pages, so I step out of comfort zone more often.
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

Breauxlabs

Sweet Cherry Pie

Sandi0805 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:33 am

This is so sweet of you Kim.  

This is one of my first layouts from my gallery.  I bought the title from a LSS and luckily had papers that matched.  Pics of my grandkds playing n the rain (heaviest rain we've ever had) at Magic Kingdom the summer of 2009.  I don't use ribbon anymore (maybe ric rac).  

And here is one of my latest layouts.  I love layering, distressing (inking) and double mattng of my photos,

#1 is really cute! I love that paper!!! Also love #2 with all the layers, very pretty!!! I can see myself lifting this one! 
Kim Breaux
ImageImage

Breauxlabs

Sweet Cherry Pie

shoorn wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 2:43 pm
This is so generous of you! 

I didn't take pictures of my first album in 2005 but this LO done in 2007 of our visit to Pearl Harbor in 2006 is representative of that style. Pretty much cs, pps, brads

Here is a single page LO I recently did. Adding inking, wood veneers, washi, ephemera, stickers and enamel dots to my embellies

I have many layouts like #1, ha! Very simple but still love them! #2 is gorgeous! Love those papers and hexagons with stamps, saving this one! 
Kim Breaux
ImageImage

Breauxlabs

Sweet Cherry Pie

hsblair wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:03 pm
How nice of you to share, and what a fun challenge!  These are my absolute first pages I did with a Creative Memories consultant way back when. Surprisingly, I don't hate them.  Did someone say "sticker sneeze"?? 
ImageImage
and here is a recent one that I designed myself.  I am a huge scraplifter and user of sketches, so it's not often that I throw together a layout without inspiration from anything else, but this was one of them.
I love a good sticker! And yes, really cute layout! I always like layouts with lots of pics, this one has it and not over crowded! 

Your second one is great! You can see the difference between the 2! Love the guitars and notebook paper! 

Kim Breaux
ImageImage

Breauxlabs

Sweet Cherry Pie

oceanbreezes423 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:19 am

That was the first I loaded here, in 2009! Very simple, very comfortable!! lol
Here is the latest one I posted. Using cut files, not so "square", I think I am becoming more comfortable with my pages, so I step out of comfort zone more often.

I love both of these!!! Very different but both are gorgeous! LOVE LOVE LOVE #2 and might have to try that one day!!! 
Kim Breaux
ImageImage

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee