June 2024 Picture Yourself Challenge - Just a little different THIS month.

Moderator: ACOT Employee

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1799

June 2024 Picture Yourself Challenge - Just a little different THIS month.

Post by aheatfan »

Welcome to the one year anniversary of this challenge, I am not sure how many more months this will run but it has been fun so far. I love looking at your unique stories about YOU. If you are new here, this challenge came about after a conversation with my 22 year old son about a certain event and how I did not want to include a "bad' picture of myself. He then asked that I include more of myself in our books. It occurred to me that we, the scrappers are usually behind the camera and often fail to scrap ourselves - this is a means to remedy that. 

Sooooo....in light of that, this challenge is to get YOU in your albums, your kids albums, your grandkids albums, they want to see/hear YOU!!!   FOR THIS MONTH only...we are not scrapping a picture of ourselves but sharing something about ourselves. 

I will state right from the get go, this may not be everyone's cup of tea and I even debated even doing it but this subject has been on my mind a lot lately with everything going on in the world.  I also thought that the thoughts of others may help someone else, as they did me. So here is this month's challenge - FAITH!!  What does it mean to you, has it been tested, where do you stand with it, or don't you?  Being that this can be a very sensitive and personal issue, share as little or as much as you like. All faiths and opinions respected here.

Here is my example;

When my dearest grandmother was very ill, I was VERY angry and lost faith, almost completely.  At her service, one of her friends asked if I prayed and I said, yes but what for?   He replied...did it ever occur to you that it wasn't that God didn't hear you but that the answer was just no.  NOT ONCE in my life did that thought EVER occur to me.  Those five life little words changed my life and my faith dramatically.  I won't say I never question but my faith is firmly intact since that conversation. I have a journaling card under my photo that is much too personal to share but I think it is important that we document these pivotal moments in our lives. 

Must be a new layout, paper or digital, single or double page. Layouts only.
You can combine with ONE other challenge that allows it. May NOT combine with any NSD Challenges. 
Limit ONE entry.   FOR THIS MONTH only...you do not have to include a picture of yourself but should have detailed journaling even if it is is hidden.  
Please link your work here. Deadline is June 30, 2024. A random winner from all entries done correctly will be selected for a $5.00 ACOT gift card from me.

🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 517

Re: June 2024 Picture Yourself Challenge - Just a little different THIS month.

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

I absolutely love this challenge idea, and your example layout! I'm saving my spot here!
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Post by blbabe1234 »

Absolutely gorgeous!!!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 521

Post by SandyJay »

Lovely page example and great idea!  I am glad you posted this challenge.  For a number of reasons, one of which is that it is YOUR challenge, your time, money, creativity and heart goes into it.  You can do what you want.  With that said, freedom to do as you please leaves those with a choice to either participate or not.  I like the reflection that this challenge will give me, and I look forward to participating.  
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1384

Post by VickiR »

Wonderful challenge and definitely open to designers choice on how to interpret. Your LO is gorgeous and I totally get the hidden journaling. Life has a way of testing our faith daily.
aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by aheatfan »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:14 pm
I absolutely love this challenge idea, and your example layout! I'm saving my spot here!
Thank you Holly  😊

🌴Kristin  

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by aheatfan »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:02 pm
Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Thank you Brandy  😊
🌴Kristin  

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by aheatfan »

Mommytron wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:09 pm
Lovely page example and great idea!  I am glad you posted this challenge.  For a number of reasons, one of which is that it is YOUR challenge, your time, money, creativity and heart goes into it.  You can do what you want.  With that said, freedom to do as you please leaves those with a choice to either participate or not.  I like the reflection that this challenge will give me, and I look forward to participating.  
Thank you Sandy, cannot wait to see what you create  😊

🌴Kristin  

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by aheatfan »

VickiR wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:38 pm
Wonderful challenge and definitely open to designers choice on how to interpret. Your LO is gorgeous and I totally get the hidden journaling. Life has a way of testing our faith daily.

Thank you Vicki, life definitely does its own thing for sure  😊
🌴Kristin  

QueenBee89
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1720

Post by QueenBee89 »

i know exactly what I want to do for this... hope i have time to do it!!! 
~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image Image
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 948

Post by suewho372 »

I loooove this challenge! Your example is lovely and yes many of the stories of faith tested are quite personal and difficult so understandable for hidden journaling. Thank you for sharing your story with us. These memories and these stories have helped shape us into who we are - they are just as important as the everyday memories. Maybe more so because the reveal who we are, and those who see our work now or later “see” us. We see ourselves even - evolve and grow. We can help and encourage others too with these stories .
Thanks so much for deciding to do this challenge. xxoo
Susan

lisn2cats
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 487

Post by lisn2cats »

I don’t always post my layouts for this challenge series but I do play along and add my LOs to my 8x8 album dedicated to me. I like this theme a lot… and I might even post this time 😏
Image  ImageImageImage
Monroe1218
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 92

Post by Monroe1218 »

I love this!  And I have just the right thought for myself for this one... it wasn't too long ago that I heard a pastor preach on something that really resonated with me, kind of similar to your story - but different.  I think I may start with the journaling and see where it takes me!
Rebecca

PEIhaven
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 16

Post by PEIhaven »

Is a photo necessary for the picture this/faith challenge? Thanks,Donna
aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by aheatfan »

PEIhaven wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:36 am
Is a photo necessary for the picture this/faith challenge? Thanks,Donna
Not this month  😊

🌴Kristin  

PEIhaven
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 16

Post by PEIhaven »

I kept my submission, Cornerstone, very basic; I just added some thoughts.  I realized after adhering that TobyMac does not
use a space, but I didn't think I should peel it off to redo....
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1384

Post by VickiR »

I used the photo of a canvas I made years ago when I was struggling with my faith.  It worked great for this challenge topic.  I tried to make the background look similar to the canvas with oxide inks, stencil butter and mica powders.  The chipboard title looks orange in the photo for some reason but it is gold.  The other word is a die cut from gold metallic paper.  I made several copies of the photo in different sizes.  Two are on the LO and I fussy cut flowers from the others to embellish the page.  The journaling and a couple of Bible verses about faith are tucked in behind the die cut book.
Combined with the June Music Challenge.

Faith
Image   Image
Aztam
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 699

Post by Aztam »

My faith and beliefs are so different than many family members, but we can come together in one accord for the matriarch of our family. My mom’s small country church is not well attended. Our whole family went to church with her over Memorial Day weekend and can you believe we didn’t get a photo taken? There were 18 of our family present. My journaling is too private to share but having served in the military I can relate to the cover of the church bulletin.

Tam

Return to “Contests & Challenges”