Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

August Music Challenge *Winner*
I love the different ways you were all inspired by the songs you chose! So much creativity by all of you! I loved all the layouts and cards!!

The winner, chosen using the iPhone app RandomNum, is…
#3 Retiree3

Congrats Donna! I have sent out your gift card!

Thanks to everyone that played along!

When Flasher Laura posted her August Bingo word list I found it to be the perfect match for my Music Challenge, so for this month my challenge is for you to use any of the songs on her list for inspiration. You do not have to use the title of the song for the title of your page, you can get your inspiration from any aspect of the song… a lyric, what the song is about, the title itself, etc. Just please tell us what it was about the song that inspired you.

Here is the link to her list of songs: August Colorful Tunes Bingo
If you find any of the songs to be crossed out you can still use them, it just means that they were already called for bingo. Any song in the list can be used.

Thanks Laura!

Open to paper, digi, hybrid, cards, crafts, or whatever this inspires you to create.

You may combine with one other challenge that allows it.

Multiple submissions are allowed up to a limit of 5.

Post your submissions to this thread by midnight (whenever midnight is for you) August 31st and a random winner of all participants will receive a $5 ACOT GC from me!

Have fun with this and I can't wait to see what you all create!

I haven't had a change to do my layout yet, but I wanted to get this challenge posted. I do have my idea so when I do get to it I will add it in. Right now I do have a layout from my gallery that I did a while back using the song "Black Velvet". I used the title for my title and the lyric "and that little boy smile", as they both inspired this layout about my sweet Boomer, who had a coat that was like black velvet and was such a happy boy that always looked like he was still a puppy. We had just lost him a few months before I did this layout, and it was all about how much I missed him. And I still do.

***I finally did my example layout!***

I chose the song "Brown-Eyed Girl" from Laura's list of songs for my inspiration. I was inspired by the title, which was perfect for this pic of my sweet Maddie, and the lyric "my how you have grown" because it is so hard to believe that it is 10 years since she was the little baby that we watched every day and had so much fun with. The song gave me the idea to do this layout.

Participants:
1. emmapaige
2. wimom

3. Retiree3
4. Barb Van
5. jcsmaestra
6. Barb Van
7. Barb Van
8. Deanna13
9. Deanna13
10. wimom
11. Kayla S.
12. oceanbreezes423
13. ScrappyDistractions

ImageImage Image Image  

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

Re: August Music Challenge
Beautiful example, Barb and what a great idea using Laura's list! :-D
Image Image ImageImage

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

Fun challenge and love your sample.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Yankeegirl

Cherry Cola

Fun challenge, lots of choices, and love your page example.  Such a sweet, expressive face!
I am running away from my responsibilities,
and it feels good!

Kathy

Image  Image  Image Image  Image      

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

I went to the list and thought I'd copy it when one just screamed at me, and a journaling to go with it! Don't you love when you get that excited to scrap?

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

sherelm wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:44 pm
I went to the list and thought I'd copy it when one just screamed at me, and a journaling to go with it! Don't you love when you get that excited to scrap?

Yes, and that is so awesome!!

ImageImage Image Image  

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Very cool Barb!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

I found this older photo of my granddaughter and her BFF - both dressed in pink with pink sunglasses so this challenge was perfect.  Pretty in Pink. Combining with the Mid-Summer Motivational Challenge (Sparkle). 

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

ScrappyDistractions

Cherry Bing

I had a perfect idea for this using "Whiter Shade of Pale" as the title - I recently whitewashed my massive brick fireplace and I had everything all planned out in my head down to the exact papers I was going to use.  But WHERE IS MY WHITE BRICK PAPER???  I know - how the heck are you guys supposed to know if I don;t even know where I stored it.  

Oh the challenges I have in life....  but so much better to dwell on lost paper than weight loss....  if only I could lose pounds the way I lose embellishments....   HA HA

Lisa - Scrappy Distractions

ImageImageImage

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

ScrappyDistractions wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:15 pm
I had a perfect idea for this using "Whiter Shade of Pale" as the title - I recently whitewashed my massive brick fireplace and I had everything all planned out in my head down to the exact papers I was going to use.  But WHERE IS MY WHITE BRICK PAPER???  I know - how the heck are you guys supposed to know if I don;t even know where I stored it.  

Oh the challenges I have in life....  but so much better to dwell on lost paper than weight loss....  if only I could lose pounds the way I lose embellishments....   HA HA

Lol you are making me laugh!! And yes sometimes I have something around for what seems like forever. See it all the time. Then when I find a use for it, it's no where to be found. Lol.

ImageImage Image Image  

wimom

Cherry Bomb

I was inspired to make a card that is "Pretty in Pink." 

Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

I have always loved blue eyes ad wished that My eyes were blue. When I saw the title of the song I knew that I had a photo that would go well with it.

[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

Barb Van

Cherry Blossom

The song, Blue Christmas was inspiration for my holiday lights celebration page.

ImageImage          Image

jcsmaestra

Cherry Cola

The title of the song "Pink" inspired me to use pink flowers on my card.

Mary           Love is all around you.

ImageImage  Image Image Image

lissahope26

Cherry Garcia

Re: August Music Challenge *Example Added-Finally*
Great example!
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Barb Van

Cherry Blossom

Song - White Christmas inspired this layout of snow-covered trees.

Barb Van

Cherry Blossom

Brown Sugar inspired this page of our family making their traditional gingerbread houses for Christmas. 

Image Image

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

Here's mine! :)

Photos of my sweet granddaughters Lucy and Kaylee, July 2019. :greeninlove:
Brown Eyed Girls
Image Image ImageImage

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

Here's one more. I was inspired by the song, "Green River". At the games the crowd looks like a river of green with all the fans. :)

I combined with the What's on TV Challenge.

Photos of DD Michelle and her family who live in Huntington and are big Marshall Fans. I believe this was meet the team night. (August 2019) :greeninlove:

Herd Fans
Image Image ImageImage

wimom

Cherry Bomb

Entry No. 2: "Pretty in Pink" made me think of putting this cute snow girl in a pretty, pink card:
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee