Moderator: ACOT Employee

Scrap Bug
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 240

June Stash-Kit challenge - winner(s) announced

Post by Scrap Bug »

The winner is:

EVERYONE who completed their kits! - Joannie, Retiree3, Loreen C

I decided since there were only 3 of you who completed, and I took so long, that I would treat you all to a little gift C.  Thank you for participating, and to those who participated but didn't quite make it.  At least you used up some of your items.  I didn't quite finish myself - I had one item left to go.  

The  Stash-Kit is back for June!  As I stated the last time, I will be changing up the rules a bit every month to keep the challenge fresh. 

This month, embellishments is the theme.  You will pick a total of 10 items for your kit.  You will choose 4 FIBROUS items from your stash and 4 BLING items from your stash. 

By fibrous, I mean items such as ribbon, jute, twine, yarns, even felt or fabric ONLY if it was purchased for scrapbooking.  All 4 fibrous items can be the same type (ie: all ribbon, all twine, etc.), as long as they are different from each other.  Old or new stash - your choice. 

Bling items mean items such as jewels, fancy buttons, pearls, rhinestones, sequins, gems, bling brads.  You only need to use 4 pieces, not a whole pkg of something, but they must be different from each other. Old or new stash - your choice.

The last 2 items for your stash is participant's choice.  Choose 2 different embellishment items.  

For this challenge there will be only one entry per participant.  You may use all the items on one project, or you may spread them out amongst many throughout the month.  All the items must be used by the end of the month.  

Before you post pics of your projects using these items, you must post a picture of your stash-kit.   You can then upload your projects here when you've finished, or you can save a spot and edit as you post one by one (easier for me to keep track of).  Just make sure to let me know what items you've used and if you've completed the challenge.

IF you are a super motivated scrapper, you may gain a 2nd entry by doing a 2nd kit.  

Combining is allowed 
Layouts/Cards/Art projects
Post your completed creation here by midnight July 1, 2018 your timezone.  
Winner will be picked by random name picker and will receive a $5 gift certificate to ACOT

Participants who finished:
Joannie
Retiree3
LoreenC

Last edited by Scrap Bug on Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Melissa
Scrap Bug
Cherry Bomb

Re: June Stash-Kit challenge

Post by Scrap Bug »

Here's my spot and my stash-kit.
FIBERS:
blue/white baker's twine; yellow ribbon; jute; blue Prima felt
BLING:
Clear jewels; green teardrop jewels; bling silver button; bead stick pin
PARTICIPANTS CHOICE: 
Handmade swap flower; Bingo card

Melissa
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3712

Post by blbabe1234 »

Awesome kit! I do have tons of fibers and bling!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
stateless
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 335

Post by stateless »

Great challenge!  I have lots of bling and fibers but they aren't in arm's reach so they don't get used much. Picking a few and having them in front of me will make me use them.
- Valerie/stateless
Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5437

Post by Deanna13 »

Sounds like a great stash challenge! I need to get my kit together.
Image Image ImageImage
joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2449

Post by joannie »

Here is my kit and I will just use this spot for all my layouts this month!
My-choice elements are the buttons & enamel dots.
In my kit... I have tiny clear bling, red rhinestones, black rhinestones, and white pearls.
AND for my fibers... red twine, hemp cord, yellow twine, & blue twine!

#1 I used all four colors of my twine and hemp cord & blue, yellow, red enamel dots and the yellow button.

#2 I used tiny clear bling, black rhinestones, white pearls, enamel shapes

#3 I used my hemp cord, SS enamel dots (green)

#4 I used some of the bitty Sparkles bling on this layout.

#5 I used the red twine & the red and white buttons!
ImageImage 
EDIT!**I used everything in my stash! Image
Last edited by joannie on Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:26 am, edited 5 times in total.
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
Retiree3
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 5461

Post by Retiree3 »

Here is my kit.

For fibrous, I selected the items  ribbon,  rick-rack -white and red, and felt- stamped arrows and stars .   For bling, I selected  jewels- 4 different ones. For my selected items, I chose chipboard- flower, and wood - title memories.

Here is another LO using my red rick rack.

[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1370

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Here is my stash kit so far. I realize I have to pick 1 more "extra" thing. I lost track of what I had lol. 

I have for fibers: white ricrac, white pompoms, twine bows, and b&w checked ribbon. For the bling I have pink rhinestones, pink rock candy, blue decos and peach pearls (all Queen and Co). My extra thing so far is wood veneer. I thought I had something else but I'll have to come back with another pic LOL!

#1 - used the pompom trim and pink rock candy - combined with the rewind challenge (Gone Girl, scraps)

#2  - used the pompom trim and the peach pearls

Well, I'm not going to end up using everything from my kit (That's what the Rewind challenge is about, eh? LOL!) but I did use the black & white ribbon and the little thread bows on this one. 

Last edited by scrappinmom99 on Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
Barb Van
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 117

Post by Barb Van »

ImageHere's my stash of embellishments. 
ImageImage          Image

Scrap Bug
Cherry Bomb

Post by Scrap Bug »

I'm loving everyone's kits.  I've used all but one item on mine, just need to share them.
Melissa
LoreenC
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 1284

Post by LoreenC »

Here is my kit:
Fiberous=1 green ribbon,
                2 thin yellow ribbon
                3 red twine
                4 turquoise twine
Bling =. 1 red pearls
             2 Queen & Co. Yellow irridescent bubbles
             3 Paper studio multi color gemstones
             4 Queen & Co. white pearls
2 random are  1. Foam sticker of Bird, Cloud, heart and 2. Buttons
Here is the LO I made for my Great Grandson for his album. I used 8 of the elements required ! One LO to go!
I used the 2 twines and thin yellow ribbon in the buttons, I used the Yellow irridescent bubbles and red pearls and the white pearls on the circles of pattern paper, and my other choice embellishment, the foam cloud & bird. I just need to use green ribbon and multi color Gemstones.
Here is my submission to Finish up my Stash Kit! Green Ribbon(on photos) and multi colored Bling.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Contests & Challenges”