Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

May/June Music Challenge *WINNERS*
So many great choices on singer/songwriters here! I love how you all got your inspiration!

Since I had over 20 entries I'm picking two winners!!

Winner #1, using RandomNum iPhone app, is…
#23 keatonsgtgram

Winner #2, using RandomNum iPhone app, is…
#12 LoreenC

Congratulations to both of you! I have sent out your gift cards. Let me know if you don't receive them.

It's finally here Cherries! Sorry for the big delay I have been just so non stop busy this month. Since it's so late in the month I am going to run this through the end of June.

My challenge for you is to get your inspiration from any singer/songwriter. Remember a singer/songwriter is anyone that writes and performs their own songs. Some examples are Billy Joel, Sheryl Crow, Adele, Bruce Springsteen, John Denver, Carly Simon, James Taylor, Carol King, Dolly Parton, Jewel, Sara Bareillis, Taylor Swift… there are so many more. You may get your inspiration from any singer/songwriter in any way that they inspire you. It may be a song title, it may be a lyric,  it may be album art, it may be something they have done or something they stand for, it may be the instrument that they pay… anything about them that inspires you. You do not have to use a song title or a lyric on your layout, but of course may do so if that is what has inspired you. Just tell us who the singer/songwriter is and how you were inspired by them.

Open to paper, digi, hybrid, cards, crafts, or whatever this inspires you to create.

You may combine with one other challenge that allows it.

Multiple submissions are allowed up to a limit of 3.

Note extended due date: You have until midnight (whenever midnight is for you) June 30th to post your submissions to this thread. A random winner will receive a $5 ACOT GC from me!

Most of all have fun!

This is the layout I did. When Sky when was a puppy. Twinkie wanted to play with her all the time and we had to teach her to not be rough with her. We couldn't let her play with Sky unsupervised for a long time. I got my inspiration from the song "All I Wanna Do" by Sheryl Crow. All Twinkie wanted to do was have fun with Sky. So I used the lyric "All I wanna do is have some fun" for my title. I thought it went perfectly with this photo that ds took of the two of them together. Twinkie just looks like that is what she is saying in the pic lol.

Participants:
1. Deanna13
2. Scrap Bug
3. Deanna13
4. joannie
5. Retiree3
6. joannie
7. Auror Willow
8. Barb Van
9. Barb Van
10. Barb Van
11. lissahope26
12. LoreenC
13. DN in MN
14. emmapaige
15. KrazSparkle
16. blfonty
17. Tammey
18. meterr70
19. suewho372
20. Deanna13
21. blbabe1234
22. Yankeegirl
23. keatonsgtgram

ImageImage Image Image  

blfonty

Cherry Cola

Re: May/June Music Challenge
Love the options with this music challenge! Your layout is just adorable! And perfect song inspiration. 
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

KrazSparkle

Cherry Berry

Oh! I just posted a LO yesterday that would have been perfect for this challenge! My DSD and I are huge Taylor fans. I'm sure I can come up with another LO for this. :) I cant wait to get started on this...
(Kristi) When life gives you scraps, make something with them.  ~Author Unknown

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

Fantastic layout and love the challenge! Image
Image Image ImageImage

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Awesome challenge Barb! Love the super sweet layout
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

karen c.

Cherry Bing

Your lo is adorable! Great challenge!
ImageImageImage          ImageImage

Berta R.

Cherry Bing

Love your example, Barb!  I've got several ideas already for this challenge! 
***Berta***

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

Here's one using the title "Best of Times" by Sheryl Crow.Image

I combined with the Rewind Challenge catching up on the Holiday Challenge about Mother's Day.

Photos of DD Marla and I on Mother's Day along with some of my flowers blooming that day, May 2018.Image
Best of Times
Image Image ImageImage

Scrap Bug

Cherry Bomb

This turned out to be the perfect challenge as I create my kids school layouts.  This layout is inspired by the singer/songwriter Chuck Berry and his song "School Days".  

Melissa

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

Here's another! I used the song title, "Fly Away" by John Denver.Image

Photo of grandkids Marcus, Lucy, and Kellan on the plane to Florida to catch their cruise, May 2018.Image
Fly Away
Image Image ImageImage

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

I chose this song called "memories" that Mac Davis wrote for Elvis. But he did write his own hits too! I combined this challenge with Donna's 3 in a row challenge!

- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

The band Abba writes their own songs. I chose the song I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do

[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

Barb Van

Cherry Blossom

Matthew West, my favorite! He has so many from which to choose.
ImageImage          Image

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

For my 2nd entry I chose a song from Janis Joplin called "farewell song".  Our Paster retired last September. These pics were taken of him and his wife at his tribute sunday. 
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

Auror Willow

Cherry Tart

I created a two page layout where I used lyrics from Kacey Musgraves' song Dime Store Cowgirl as my title. 

Here is the link to that layout incase I didn't add the photos correctly (still learning): http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/247517

SaveSave
Blog: aurorwillow.blogspot.com

Barb Van

Cherry Blossom

Matthew West: singer/songwriter is a Christian influence and I was inspired to serve. Image

Barb Van

Cherry Blossom

ImageChris Tomlin's concert inspired me to include others in my life.

Barb Van

Cherry Blossom

ImageMatthew West's song encouraged me at a very low point in my life. The song Mended helped me heal.

lissahope26

Cherry Garcia

My title is a line from "Wherever You Will Go"  which is written and performed by The Calling.
Together for all time
Combined with patterned paper.
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Deanna13 wrote:Here's one using the title "Best of Times" by Sheryl Crow.Image

I combined with the Rewind Challenge catching up on the Holiday Challenge about Mother's Day.

Photos of DD Marla and I on Mother's Day along with some of my flowers blooming that day, May 2018.Image
Best of Times
I love the circle and the pretty papers you used!

ImageImage Image Image  

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee