January 2015 Heritage Challenge *WINNER*

Moderator: ACOT Employee

killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 356

January 2015 Heritage Challenge *WINNER*

Post by killarney_rose »

I would first like to say the first place I saw Susan's layout was on Pinterest and promptly pinned it.  For a week it was running through my feed every day!.  Congrats Susan!!!  Talk about being surprised to see it here!  Sorry I wasn't paying attention it was from you!

Ladies, my sincere apologies for not getting to this sooner!  It's been a busy 10 days for me working like crazy to keep Larry on the straight & narrow until he can have surgery.  We will be cutting it close when it comes to HLSR.  Then I'm trying to get our display ready for our booth in the International room at HLSR.  I'm having fits with it.  I am loving all the entries.....rocking my world!

The winner is # 7!!  Congrats Joannie!!!

I am sorry I am a day late with this challenge!  Yesterday was the target day to purchase new sheets for our bed and it HAD to be done.  LOL....little did I know how popular it is to buy bedding on New Years!!!  Apparently bedding and bath towels are purchased in large quantity during Christmas season because of guests.  At the same time I am not one to redo my house often.....just not interested since I am an outside person.  Then there was football....love Bowl season!

I think of all the photos I scrapped for my Mother's Life Photo Display is the one I did of Mom and my Great-Aunt Betty!  I loved it because the papers were a perfect match time wise.  The photo taken in the mid-30's and the papers very much the same time period!

I had several ideas run through my head and thought I would write them down in the form of prompts.  Choose one or more of the prompts to do a photo(s) taken more then 10 years old and create a layout.  I think I have included everyone with a photo over ten years to participate if they wish!

1)  Photo with Great Aunt or Great Uncle.  This includes Great Great Aunts and Uncles.....etc.
2)  Photo with a car in it more then 20 years old
3)  Popular fashion of the time period and choose the colors to match.  This means you have to look up the colors of the time period.
4)  Add an embellishment to the layout that represents "time."

Now for the must have stuff!

1)  This challenge closes January 31st at the stroke of 11:59 pm ACOT time.
2)  There will be no gallery set up for this challenge so all of your entry(entries) must be included in this thread
3)  Winner will receive a $5 GC from me chosen by random draw.

Participants:

1)  sweetsour  ~  Karrie
2)  keatonsgtgram
3)  shoorn  ~  Susan
4)  Anazelia  ~  Ana
5)  EmtAimee
6)  Blfonty  ~  Bonnie
7)  joannie  ~  Joannie
8)  StacyLee
9)  Deanna13  ~  Deanna
10)  scrapsteph  ~  Stephanie
11)  Christi_S.  ~  Christi
Last edited by killarney_rose on Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
StacyLee
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 930

Re: January 2015 Heritage Challenge

Post by StacyLee »

Terrific prompts, Kim! Your sample is gorgeous, too! I have to put this on my must-do list this month, thanks for the challenge!
Stacy

ImageImageImage

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2144

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

Thanks for another great challenge. This one always makes me think.
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2449

Post by joannie »

OH I love these prompts!!! thanks for the choices!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
Yankeegirl
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1533

Post by Yankeegirl »

Always a fun challenge, and your page is darling!  While the colors are bright for a heritage page, the embellishment cards you used keep it right in period.  Love it!
I am running away from my responsibilities,
and it feels good!

Kathy

Image  Image  Image Image  Image      
Berta R.
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 627

Post by Berta R. »

Great challenge, Kim!  I really love your vintage LO!  Image
***Berta***
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 593

Post by Shutterbug »

Kim, this is beautiful.  I love your prompts.  I struggle with Heritage pages but, I am seeing more and more of my family  Heritage photos my cousins are posting on FB and I want to print. Thanks for your inspiration and the challenge.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5433

Post by Deanna13 »

Wonderful challenge and beautiful example, Kim! Image
Image Image ImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Post by blbabe1234 »

Fun fun fun!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
sweetsour
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 898

Post by sweetsour »

My favourite challenge, and I love your example.  I picked #4 - Time, my embellishment to rep this is the flags beside the pic where the word "Time" is in a clock.  I also think the windmill is old-timey Image
combo'd with the Scraplift with a Twist.
 Karrie

keatonsgtgram
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 822

Post by keatonsgtgram »

I used all four of the prompts.
shoorn
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 2864

Post by shoorn »

Here's one from me - with twist.   Used different G45 collections and Prima wood icons.

Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image
anazelia
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 803

Post by anazelia »

This is a photo from my childhood. I am the taller of the two little girls in the white dresses. It was my unlce's wedding- the man with the flower on his lapel. My mother is the one in the plaid dress and my father is the taller guy with the glasses.

I am using it for the heritage challenge. The woman in the blue dress is my great aunt. She was a nun for a very long time and then, quit I guess. It was back in the day when most families sent one daughter off to be a nun- especially if they had a lot of daughters.   At least that is what my mother told me.  This is her family in Brazil. 

EmtAimee734
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 358

Post by EmtAimee734 »

blfonty
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 992

Post by blfonty »

Here's mine "Life Documented: Brother Ben" with photos from the early 1950s. Prompts used were old car in the photo and time element. Also submitted for Pinterest challenge.

blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

MimaScraps/Lori
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 1153

Post by MimaScraps/Lori »

Your photo is priceless, and your l.o. is awesome, as always!!  I am going to see what photo(s) I can find in a hurry!! TY
Lori aka "Mima"
Cherish Every Moment; Then Scrap Each One!
and
Sweet Spot Designs!!
joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2449

Post by joannie »

Kim, here is my page. The photo is of my mom, grandma and her 2 sisters (my great-aunts)!

- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
StacyLee
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 930

Post by StacyLee »

Here's my entry, Kim!  Also combining with the January Supply List challenge. I used the great aunts & uncles prompt.  This is a page of my grandmother (maiden name Dry) and her siblings. The top center picture shows my great-grandfather in the middle.  I'm using a 6x12 pocket page in my album that details all of the names of who is in the pictures, and for extra pictures. Thank you for the prompt nudging me to get this page done for my heritage book.  Sloooowly but surely I'm getting there!  OH...and I used my new concave corner punch! Image
Dry
Last edited by StacyLee on Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stacy

ImageImageImage

Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5433

Post by Deanna13 »

Here's mine for this challenge and I used a photo that is 40 yrs. old from 1974.
I used these prompts...
2. Photo with a car more than 20 yrs. old.
3. Vintage colors at that time. (reds, yellow, blue, rust, plus vintage looking bottle cap paper and old car paper)
4. Add an embellishment to the layout that represents 'time'. (Maya Road Clock)*

Photo of DH and his little brother and the cars he drove in 1974. Got some journaling from DH.....In the back is a Plymouth Fury Stationwagon and the red one is a 1968 Simca. He said they were both $200 junkers at the time and his Dad put a rock under the pedal of the Simca so it wouldn't go very fast. LOL Image
Those Were The Days

Thanks for the great prompts, Kim! Image

Image Image ImageImage
scrapsteph
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 425

Post by scrapsteph »

Summer 1979... loving the little me and that car in the background

Stephanie

Return to “Contests & Challenges”