Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Sept-Oct Pet/animal Challenge
Pet/Animal Challenge

This is going to be a tad different this month.  Hershey has a new baby (three weeks old) – Rainer.  He’s as cute as can be, and he came from the state of Washington where he was wandering as an orphan.  Now he’s a celebrity at “ZooAmerica” in Hershey PA.  I thought he represents coming from the west of our country, to live in the east. 
And here he is!!
 ImageImageImage
Now.  I want him to be your inspiration in the colors or layout (so no sketch this month, I want it all to be from this little guy's inspiration).  You can use any part of him or his appetite or personality – or even what he’ll become – or either place – Washington or  Hershey (think candy – Halloween’s coming) but I want you to think on this one – and then incorporate your own animal into the layout – be it from a zoo, a stuffed pet, or that “furry ball that runs your house.”  And you know I’ll count everything. There is a video of him playing on http://www.zooamerica.com/animals/new_arrivals.php 
And since I plan on going to see him up close and personal, not only will you win a $5 Gift Card from ACOT, but a little “something” from him. . . . . Rainer’s waiting for your entries!!!

jrrah4903

Cherry Cola

Re: Sept-Oct Pet/animal Challenge
Oh, he is precious!!
- Jillian

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

Such cute photos!!  Can't wait to get some pics for this one--an idea has already popped into my head!
Kim

Image Image  

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

How adorable! Wonderful challenge, Sher! Image
Image Image ImageImage

shoorn

Cherry Cola

How precious - and loved the video!
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

He's adorable!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Ayla

Cherry Addict

What a cutie!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

I called my niece last night and told her to watch it - with my brother actually talking to me, he told her to watch it.   I heard her squealling in the background!!  Then he, not a huge animal lover (but does have them, and is really good to them, just not like US - in love with them. . . . ) he says "I want to see the video too!!"  Image

Yankeegirl

Cherry Cola

Oh, he is just the cutest!!!  Now I want to get out to Hershey Park to see him in the flesh!!!  
Fun challenge...I will have to think a bit on this one!
I am running away from my responsibilities,
and it feels good!

Kathy

Image  Image  Image Image  Image      

Shutterbug

Cherry Addict

He is adorable. I am glad they were able to rescue him.
What a fun challenge.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

Oh I am in love with that little face! Look how blue his eyes are now , I know they will change but very striking! I am happy you get to see him in person!
Susan

Sandi0805

Bowl Full of Cherries

Well I just reposted my layout to the correct month.  I had posted my layout here for the Aug/Sept challenge.  I saw the word pet and didn't even notice what months they were for.  Glad I caught my mistake. 

Love this month's challenge.  I think I just might have the perfect pictures for it too.

Thanks Sher for wonderful challenges that you offer us each month.

Image ImageImage

keatonsgtgram

Sweet Cherry Pie

Heres mine. My great granddughter at the Toledo Zoo. 

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Oh Sher so cute!!! Great challenge!

ImageImage Image Image  

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

so cute.  Here's my wild thing - Athena 
Journaling reads,”Bean has a love/hate relationship with her catnip mouse. She loves to lick and cuddle it but that is just a prelude to viciously attacking it with her feet and teeth, At least it’s better that her bringing in dead mice or worse, live ones, then letting them go – bored with the chase.”
Also used this for the Sep music challenge

Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

sweetsour

Wild Cherry

I hope this is OK, looking at that cute little baby kitty reminded me of a page I wanted to do of a baby we got once upon a time... here is a closeup of the journaling:
and the whole page:
oh also putting in the 3 in a row challenge.
 Karrie

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

This little guy looks like he is fearless, being the "star" of the zoo now.

My brother and sister in law got a kitten back in May 2011. Within 3 weeks of them getting her, she RULED our little world. Hence, the journaling in my layout - "fearless" and "wanting to conquer the world".

So here is a layout of Athena with my DH. She LOVED sitting on his shoulder!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Ayla

Cherry Addict

I finally watched the video...what a little cutie!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Ayla

Cherry Addict

What a fun challenge! Here's mine...Rain's stripes inspired me to scrap this little striped guy that visited our campsite one cold Sunday morning a couple of weekends ago.

Image Image

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

keatonsgtgram wrote:Heres mine. My great granddughter at the Toledo Zoo. 

Children and animals - both so innocent.  How adorable they are.  I love your "Who's watching who" subtitle.  Thanks for doing the challenge!!

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee