Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

July 2014 Washi Challenge - WINNER!!!!!
You Cherries really made me proud this month. I LOVED all of the entries, I wish I could reward everyone. According to random.org number 38 is the winner Oceanbreezes423. I will get your GC out shortly.

And for a new roll of washi out of my stash - the LO with the most washi used goes to Sara M. PM me your address, and I will get it in the mail soon.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! You Cherries are rocking these Washi Challenges. You are all making me feel very proud Image

Since I have become so, shall we say......ADDICTED Image to Washi, I have been trying to find new ways to use it on my LOs. When I saw the May Sketch Challenge, I just knew I could do it with all Washi (Thank you Laura for posting this sketch in May). I now look at sketches and such that show strips of paper in them and think "yep I can do that with Washi".

So for this month's challenge I would like you to use your washi like you would your scraps of paper. Go ahead and layer it behind your photos.

Rules:
  • For Paper, Digi, Hybrid Scrappers and Card Makers.
  • Post to this thread and/or the gallery by midnight July 31 - CST.
  • Multiply entries allowed.
  • I will randomly choose a winner for a $5 ACOT Gift Certificate.
  • May not be combined with any other challenges (let's let that Washi be the star).
  • For an extra chance to win, use the sketch below that is from Laura's May Sketch Challenge.
  • Please have fun with this. There is no right or wrong way to use Washi Tape.

Here are 2 of my LOs that I used Laura's sketch on.
ImageImage
Participants
  1. cajenkins81
  2. cajenkins81 - Sketch
  3. Croppinmama
  4. Croppinmama - Sketch
  5. ScrappininAK
  6. ScrappininAK - Sketch
  7. Charleneanne
  8. Charleneanne - Sketch
  9. Average_Kim
  10. Average_Kim - Sketch
  11. Shoorn
  12. Shoorn - Sketch
  13. Tammey
  14. Tammey - Sketch
  15. 1grandma
  16. 1grandma - Sketch
  17. Scrapsteph
  18. Scrapsteph - Sketch
  19. robkaynel
  20. robkaynel - Sketch
  21. SherrieLynne
  22. SherrieLynne - Sketch
  23. Butterfly843
  24. Butterfly843 - Sketch
  25. Yankeegirl
  26. Yankeegirl - Sketch
  27. Retiree3
  28. Retiree3 - Sketch
  29. Deanna13
  30. Deanna13 - Sketch
  31. blbabe1234
  32. blbabe1234 - Sketch
  33. jrrah4903
  34. Scrapy1967
  35. MacSarah
  36. MacSarah - Sketch
  37. Sara M.
  38. oceanbreezes423
  39. oceanbreezes423 - Sketch
  40. grama of 2
  41. scrappinmom99
  42. scrappinmom99 - Sketch
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: July 2014 Washi Challenge
Awesome challenge! That sketch is one of my faves!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

shastess

Cherry Tart

Fun challenge I have thinking about a layout like this! now I have a reason! Not sure if I have enough washi though *gasp* I guess that means I need some?!?!? lol
*Mommy to Kaden, Blake and Ava*

I blog about Life @ 
http://kraftymama.blogspot.com/

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

shastess wrote:Fun challenge I have thinking about a layout like this! now I have a reason! Not sure if I have enough washi though *gasp* I guess that means I need some?!?!? lol

Oh and I know a great place to buy some too Image Right here at ACOT Image
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

I love this, and using washi will be fun, at least I think, lol!!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

Awesome challenge!  Love your examples!  Will definitely try to do this month!
Kim

Image Image  

Yankeegirl

Cherry Cola

Love this challenge, love this sketch, LOVE your page examples!!  Did I tell you how much I love this one?   LOL....Thanks, Mildred, for encouraging me to use some of the washi I have been piling up.....I love it!
I am running away from my responsibilities,
and it feels good!

Kathy

Image  Image  Image Image  Image      

Sara Scraps

Cherry Bing

Great challenge! I often do paper strips as layers behind a photo...this will be fun!

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

love the challenge and love that sketch

karensay

Chocolate Covered Cherry

OK, this looks like fun!
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

I don't often use much washi tape all at one time so this is a great challenge to get me to use MORE! LOL Image
Image Image ImageImage

cajenkins81

Chocolate Covered Cherry

This sketch is definitely perfect for washi!  The layout I did the other day "Little Rock Zoo" was originally meant to be paper I'm sure, but I used wash instead! I love the look of it.  (These are examples for others for inspiration! NOT my entries for this challenge, just to clarify)

This one too is all washi, using those pre-made strips from Little Yellow Bicycle. And, FYI, you know how when you add what techniques you use on your layouts, it categorizes them for you in your album here? Well, washi is on the top of my "techniques" list, as the most-tagged item/technique on my layouts! lol  
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted

sweetsour

Wild Cherry

Good one!
 Karrie

Craftyshannon

Sweet Cherry Pie

This will definitely be a challenge. For some reason I struggle with using multiple washi colors/patterns on a page, I'll definitely try it.

shoorn

Cherry Cola

Great challenge - going to do this one!
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

I'm so happy with this challenge. I didn't get to use the sketch back in May. It will be fun using the Washi, thanks. Image

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Awesome challenge Mildred, and I LOVE your sample pages!! I'm looking forward to doing this!

ImageImage Image Image  

cajenkins81

Chocolate Covered Cherry

okay, here's mine! I wasn't able to get to this sketch in May, but with your washi twist, I KNEW I had to do it! So here it is. I LOVE LOVE this layout! My favorite layout I've done in awhile, and I'm IN LOVE with this color scheme! :D  Thanks for the great challenge.  And yes, that's 8 different washi patterns on one layout ;) You're such an enabler! haha (even if you have one more different pattern on yours ;) )

Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted

TheNonna

Cherry Picker

Liking this Challenge and sketch a lot.  Waiting for my new Washi to come in so I can work on this one!
"I find it is the small things - everyday deeds by ordinary folk - that keeps the darkness at bay." (Gandalf)
[url=http://www:lifeinterruptedthenscrapped.blogspot.com]www.lifeinterruptedthenscrapped.blogspot.com[/url]

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

Here is mine. Thanks for the challenge.

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee